La rivière et l’énergie

Choisissez votre thème et participez au dialogue.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#51 24-04-2019 05:24:20

liny195
Membre

Re: LES CHAINES ÉNERGÉTIQUES ET L'ENSEIGNEMENT

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco Giants President and CEO Larry Baer was granted a leave of absence from the team on Monday following the release last week of a video showing him in a physical altercation with his wife.The Giants board of directors released a statement that said Baer had made a request that was accepted to take personal time away from the team in response to the video released by TMZ showing the altercation in a San Francisco park between Baer and his wife Chris Tillman Jersey , Pam.“Mr. Baer has acknowledged that his behavior was unacceptable, apologized to the organization and is committed to taking steps to make sure that this never happens again,” the statement said.The Giants executive team, including president of baseball operations Farhan Zaidi, will manage the day-to-day operations. The other members of that team are executive vice president of business operations Mario Alioto, executive vice president and general counsel Jack Bair, executive vice president of administration Alfonso Felder, and executive vice president of communications Staci Slaughter.The team didn’t designate one point person to be in charge of the organization during Baer’s absence.Manager Bruce Bochy said after an exhibition game in Scottsdale, Arizona, that he will still report directly to Zaidi but didn’t get into details about the accusations against Baer.“This is a guy who’s been our leader and he’s a good friend,” Bochy said. “This will get sorted out. Right now, I don’t have anything to add outside of the statement that was given.”Bochy said he didn’t plan to address the players about Baer’s situation. Pitcher Jeff Samardzija said the players are trying to avoid the topic and are focusing on preparing for the start of the season.“We don’t have any information on the matter,” he said. “I think we’re in the same boat as anybody else, what you see online and this and that. It’s not talked about too much in here. We’re worried about playing and that doesn’t really affect us too much on the field. It’s just unfortunate to see. I have all the respect in the world for Larry and his wife. We’re getting ready for the season here and that’s how we’re approaching it. That’s how you approach anything. There’s always something that happens every year that you need to overcome as a clubhouse. It’s a big part of it, how you band together and how you move on.”The video posted by TMZ on Friday showed Baer’s wife http://www.oriolesfanproshop.com/authentic-j.j.-hardy-jersey , Pam, seated in a chair when he reached over her to grab for a cellphone in her right hand and she toppled sideways to the ground in the chair screaming “Oh my God!”Witnesses saw the ordeal in the public plaza. Baer, holding the phone, says “Stop, Pam, stop,” then walks away alone.Baer and his wife issued a statement Friday, saying they regretted having a “heated argument in public over a family matter” and that they were embarrassed by the situation. Baer issued an apology later.“I am truly sorry for the pain that I have brought to my wife, children and to the organization,” Baer said in the statement Friday. “It is not reflective of the kind of a person that I aspire to be, but it happened and I will do whatever it takes to make sure that I never behave in such an inappropriate manner again.”The Giants said Major League Baseball is taking the lead in gathering facts and the organization will cooperate with the investigation.“As leaders in the community, we at the Giants hold ourselves to the highest standards and those standards will guide how we consider this matter moving forward,” the statement said.The San Francisco Police Department also is investigating the altercation.Baer was part of the ownership group that bought the Giants in 1992 to keep them in San Francisco, where the club won the World Series in 2010, ’12 and ’14. He took over as CEO on Jan. 1 http://www.oriolesfanproshop.com/authentic-j.j.-hardy-jersey , 2012. SEATTLE (AP) — The running joke is that when the Seattle Mariners arrive for the first day of spring training everyone will need to wear “Hi, my name is” nametags.It might not be a bad idea for manager Scott Servais to consider.“I’m very excited to go to spring training, to get with this group, and hit the reset button a little bit on our clubhouse and what we’ve got going,” Servais said.Seattle begins spring training in a full rebuild mode — although “step-back” or “reset” have been the favored terms inside the front office. Instead of being a club contending for a wild-card berth and likely hovering in the 85- to 90-win range, the Mariners embraced the need to get younger, to relieve themselves of some hefty contracts, and to provide financial flexibility for the time when their crop of prospects are regular contributors.Seattle should not be a terrible team. They aren’t tanking. But they begin spring with a roster they hope won’t be the same by midseason. In Seattle’s perfect scenario, the handful of established veterans in the lineup will play well enough early in the season that they can be moved for more prospects.The hope remains that the prospects they’ve acquired will be ready to contribute by the second half of the 2020 season, with some likely making their debuts this year. Much of spring training will involve seeing how a handful of them stack up already.“We have a chance to grow into something special and we’re gonna watch that happen. While we couldn’t tell you definitively we’re gonna win 100 games, I can tell you we’re gonna try to win every single one that we play,” general manager Jerry Dipoto said. “We’re not going out there with the intention to lose. I think that was one of the things that got lost in the weeds. So far back as two years ago when people started talking about rebuilding and restructuring and ripping it down. You don’t have to rip it down to put yourself in a better position.”Other things to watch as the Mariners start reporting next Monday, ahead of the early season opener in Japan on March 20 against Oakland:NEW LOOK: Gone are Robinson Cano, Nelson Cruz, Jean Segura Jonathan Schoop Jersey , Mike Zunino, Ben Gamel, Guillermo Heredia, and with them a lot of the offensive production from recent seasons. The Mariners’ offseason trades and roster decisions saw them bid farewell to the heart of their batting order in Segura, Cano and Cruz. Yet the drop-off shouldn’t be significant at the plate. Seattle added speed in outfielder Mallex Smith and shortstop J.P. Crawford. They got a potential big bat in outfielder Domingo Santana and likely improved offensively behind the plate with Omar Narvaez.One to watch in spring will be third baseman Kyle Seager. If he can rebound from a terrible 2018, Seattle will be similar offensively to what it was a year ago.THEY’RE SET: The rotation could be good enough to keep the Mariners competitive. Marco Gonzales, Mike Leake and newcomer Yusei Kikuchi will be the headliners, although Seattle will limit Kikuchi’s innings during spring and through the regular season. Wade LeBlanc will have a spot after a solid 2018, which begs a question about Felix Hernandez. The former All-Star had the worst season of his career in 2018 with a 5.55 ERA and 27 home runs allowed, but Seattle insists he’ll be in the rotation entering the final season of his current contract.THEY’RE NOT: The bullpen is the biggest question mark. There are no jobs predetermined outside of perhaps Hunter Strickland having the inside track on the closer spot. Seattle is likely to have a fairly regular shuffle between Triple-A and the majors this season to help keep arms in the bullpen, especially on days where Kikuchi makes his short starts and it essentially turns into a bullpen day.ROOKIES TO WATCH: Pitcher Justus Sheffield and Justin Dunn, infielders Shed Long and Evan White, and 18-year-old top prospect Julio Rodriguez all will get long looks during the spring. They will be key to Seattle’s hopes of remaining competitive over the next few years.ON DECK: Seattle’s spring training will be abbreviated. The Mariners will open in Tokyo with two games against Oakland. They will take an expanded roster to Japan that is expected to include 45-year-old Ichiro Suzuki. After returning to the U.S., the Mariners will need to trim three players from their roster before the home opener on March 28 against Boston.

#52 24-04-2019 05:42:37

liny195
Membre

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Rays owner Stuart Sternberg will reopen the site search for a new ballpark after concluding plans for a stadium in Tampa’s Ybor City area can’t be finalized by this month’s deadline.Sternberg said any new ballpark can’t open until at least 2024 and the team must start thinking about where it will play when its lease at St. Petersburg’s Tropicana Field ends after the 2027 season.“We’ll continue to look in Tampa Bay and we’ll put our efforts to that Adeiny Hechavarria Jersey ,” he said during a news conference Tuesday at the winter meetings. “One way or another, we need to figure out a where the team is going to be in 2028, if not sooner. Ideally sooner. But absolutely by 2028.”Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred has said the sport will not consider expansion until the Rays and Oakland Athletics get new ballparks. The A’s announced plans on Nov. 28 for a new stadium near downtown and are working to gain approvals.Montreal and Portland, Oregon, are seeking a team.Tampa Bay has played since its first season in 1998 at what is now called Tropicana Field. The St. Petersburg City Council voted in early 2016 to give the Rays through December 2018 to search throughout the Tampa Bay area, and the Rays unveiled a ballpark design for Ybor City in July.Irwin Raij, a lawyer who represents the Tampa Sports Authority, wrote to Sternberg on Dec. 5 offering 50 percent of funding, not to exceed $475 million.Manfred responded to Raij on Tuesday with a letter saying the funding commitment, site control and timetable for completion were uncertain.“While momentum and progress are real, we’re not close at all to a workable framework,” Sternberg said. “And while I’m widely disappointed by the result, I’m not discouraged.”Raij said his clients were still working on their response to Manfred’s letter.The Rays announced plans in 2007 for a new ballpark in downtown St. Petersburg on the site of Al Lang Stadium, a longtime major league spring training site Sergio Romo Jersey , but abandoned those two years later.The Rays bought the Tampa Bay Rowdies, a second-tier soccer team, in October and acquired a contract with St, Petersburg to control Al Lang Stadium.“We tried with this sincerity back in 2008. We’ve done it now over the past three years,” Sternberg said. “Using a baseball term, you could say we’ve had two strikes.” TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Troy Tulowitzki got some payback against the Toronto Blue Jays in his first spring training at-bat for the New York Yankees.Tulowitzki homered on his first swing in a Yankees uniform and jawed at the Blue Jays dugout after rounding third base following his drive Monday off Marcus Stroman, a friend and former teammate.“You know what happened, so no doubt about it, it was definitely extra, extra special,” Tulowitzki said after the Yankees’ 3-0 win. “That was a team that basically told me I couldn’t play anymore. It is spring training, it is what it is, but it was a big day for me.”A five-time All-Star http://www.raysfanproshop.com/authentic-evan-longoria-jersey , who has not played in the major leagues since July 2017, Tulowitzki missed last season because of surgery on April 2 for bone spurs in his right and left heels. He was released by the Blue Jays on Dec. 14, then signed with the Yankees on Jan. 4 for the major league minimum $555,000. That will be offset against the $20 million he is owed this year by Toronto, which also is responsible for $18 million in future years.He took a strike from Stroman leading off the bottom of the first, then homered down the right-field line on the next pitch, an opposite-field drive just inside the foul pole.“It’s the biggest spring training homer I’ve ever hit,” a smiling Tulowitzki said. “With that being said, I got a little pumped up there. People said I’ll never make it back on a baseball field again. Anybody that tells you you’re done, you’ve a little extra fire.”Tulowitzki’s five-year son Taz, who was at the game, was a motivating factor during dad’s rehabilitation from surgery.“He was 3 the last time he was watching games, and he doesn’t remember that,” Tulowitzki said. “To get back out there and have him see me again http://www.raysfanproshop.com/authentic-evan-longoria-jersey , that what I thought about each and every day.”A smiling Stroman said Tulowitzki homering off him is “not going to happen in-season, I promise you that.”“Tulo, I can’t tell you how much work he’s put in to get back to healthy,” Stroman said. “I’ve kind of been with him through a lot of that process. I couldn’t be more ecstatic or more happy for someone than him because I’ve learned so much about the game of baseball and so much about life from that man.“That’s my guy,” Stroman added. “I would always love to compete with him. I would always prefer him on my team. I’m excited to see him somewhere being healthy, back out there doing that Tulo can do.”Now 34, Tulowitzki is projected to start at shortstop while Didi Gregorius recovers from Tommy John surgery last Oct. 17. Gregorius is expected to return to the Yankees between June and August.“He definitely seemed a little fired up,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said. “Look, he’s had that kind of edge to him, something to prove really since we put eyes on him this winter. Happy for him because I know this day was a big deal.”

#53 17-05-2019 08:01:25

liny195
Membre

Manny Machado looks locked in ahead of NLCS despite underwhelming offense down the stretch with the Dodgers."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections 2019 Spring TrainingProspectsCommentaryNews and Notes2018 NLCS: Dodgers vs BrewersCommentaryManny Machado is ready to make his own postseason legacyNew Carlton Fisk Jersey ,126commentsMachado looks locked in ahead of NLCSByStacie Wheeler@StacieMWheelerOct 10, 2018,9:00am PDTShareTweetShareShareManny Machado is ready to make his own postseason legacyBrett Davis-USA TODAY SportsThe Dodgers are ready to defend their National League Championship title, but this time around they will have to battle the Brewers and not the Cubs. The Dodgers knocked out a very promising young Braves team on Monday night in Atlanta, a club that is sure to factor into the postseason for years to come. Manny Machado was the player of the game, driving in four runs to help the Dodgers clinch the series with a 6-2 win.Now Manny and the Dodgers will turn their focus to Milwaukee, a team who was one of several teams pursuing Machado before the July non-waiver trade deadline. The Dodgers got Manny in a blockbuster trade, while the Brewers snatched up NL MVP frontrunner Christian Yelich prior to the season. Now the two talented superstars will battle it out against each other to get to the Fall Classic.Ten years after the original Manny (Ramirez) became one of the most successful late-season acquisitions in Dodgers history, the front office traded for the most sought-after bat available on the market in mid-summer to make a late-season push toward their sixth consecutive NL West division title. Machado’s hyped up Dodgers debut, which took place ironically in Milwaukee, lived up to all the expectations. He reached base four times, hitting two singles and walking twice in the 6-4 win over the Brewers. The Dodgers were only the second major-league team Machado played for since being drafted by the Orioles in 2010 and making his MLB debut at the tender age of 19. After his Dodgers debut, Machado’s numbers slipped. He slashed .273/.338/.487/.825 with 13 home runs and a 121 wRC+ in 66 games, a significant decrease in overall production from his first 96 games with Baltimore (.315/.387/.575/.963 with 24 home runs and a 155 wRC+). He struck out 5.6% more in LA and walked 2.5 % less. His defense at shortstop, that looked surprisingly better than the metrics suggested Jose Abreu Jersey , was arguably not worth his price alone without the offensive production. Even his seemingly lack of hustle on routine groundouts was magnified.The Dodgers acquired Machado in order to shore up the infield and provide offense with the absence of their All-Star shortstop Corey Seager, lost for the year after Tommy John surgery. Machado never hit a Ramirez type stride. OG Manny wowed with a 1.232 OPS and 17 home runs over 53 games in late 2008. Despite the inconsistencies at the plate, LA fans finally got a taste of what Mannywood 2.0 was supposed to be in September. He helped trim the Dodgers’ magic number to 7 for the NL West division title with his three-run home run off Jacob Nix during a five-run third inning, propelling the Dodgers to a 7-2 win over the Padres on his bobblehead night. Dedicating a bobblehead night to Machado was a questionable promotion considering he had only been with the Dodgers for a brief time and was offensively disappointing since the All-Star break trade. Dave Roberts indicated that Manny could be pressing as a result of adjusting to pitchers in a new league, a transition that doesn’t happen seamlessly with all traded players. His on-base plus slugging percentage with the Dodgers in the regular season ended 138 points lower than it was in Baltimore, and he struggled against right-handed pitching (.253 average vs. RHP in 66 games as a Dodger).Machado’s iconic bobblehead homer was his 100th RBI of the season, a career-high, on a night that also saw the Dodgers set a new franchise record with 222 home runs on the season. Joc Pederson and Yasmani Grandal also went deep later in the game.Machado had lofty expectations looming over him going into October. He came into Game 4 of the NLDS just 1-for-12 in the series. He did crush an important two-run home run in Game 2, but that seemed to be quickly forgotten as he swung at balls far out of the zone in the series, racking up seven strikeouts.Social media is a powerful method of immediate discussion and dissection nowadays, and there’s no question Machado had at least seen or heard about some of the criticism spreading across Twitter and the internet. Machado was acquired by the Dodgers’ front office exactly for this scenario. The Dodgers were facing a tight NL West race, and he was expected to perform at the highest level in order to lead the Dodgers back to the World Series. Coming into the playoffs, Machado had been good but still underwhelming as far as elite players are concerned, spurring the backlash and criticism from Dodger fans.Ramirez, who also donned trademark hair Melky Cabrera Jersey , never got a shot at the World Series with the Dodgers. Those Dodger teams infamously fell to the Phillies four games to one in both the 2008 and 2009 NLCS. Now Machado has his own postseason legacy to carve out, and he’s peaking at just the right time. Machado looked locked in during Game 4 of the NLDS, hitting the ball hard in all of his plate appearances. He finally got his ‘Manny Moment” with his epic three-run home run in Game 4.Now all eyes turn to Milwaukee for perhaps the biggest series of his career. His performance this postseason could solely be what defines his time with the Dodgers. Manny has been plagued with inconsistency since joining the Dodgers, but the Dodgers themselves as a whole have battled inconsistency throughout the entire season. Inconsistency could be the theme of the 2018 Dodgers. Now Manny and his teammates have found a groove at just the right time, but they still have work to be done to get back to the World Series in order to find redemption from the Game 7 loss. The stinging loss still lives with them, at least a little bit, even if they don’t want to admit it.Machado is looking to get paid handsomely this offseason, whether it’s with the Dodgers or somewhere else. He really didn’t have much opportunity to play on the biggest stage in October with the Orioles, but now he has the platform to prove his worth as an elite player in a large market atmosphere. He has the infectious smile to light up Dodger Stadium, but the Dodgers look to his bat to light up their opponent. The Tampa Bay Rays have even less room for error to keep their postseason hopes alive after dropping the opener of a four-game series against the Toronto Blue Jays in shocking fashion Thursday night in Toronto.The Blue Jays scored seven runs in the ninth inning to win 9-8 on the third career walkoff home run by Justin Smoak.The Blue Jays also had a three-run homer from Danny Jansen in the ninth and a two-run shot from Lourdes Gurriel Jr. that tied it.Article continues below ...The loss ended a five-game winning streak for the Rays and dropped them to 6 1/2 games behind the Oakland Athletics in the race for the second wild-card spot in the American League.“This one definitely puts us in a very difficult position,” Rays infielder Matt Duffy said. “We’re going to bounce back, we’re going to do what we can. Mathematically we’re still in it so we’re going to keep going until this thing is over.”The Rays (85-67) are expected to send out Diego Castillo (3-2, 3.14 ERA) as their opener in the second game of the series Friday night at the Rogers Centre. The Blue Jays will counter with right-hander Sean Reid-Foley (2-3, 5.54).The Blue Jays usually have their troubles with the Rays and, despite the Rays’ loss Thursday Jeff Keppinger Jersey , Tampa Bay has a 9-4 advantage in the season series.The Blue Jays and the Rays play six more times as the season winds down. The teams play three more times in Toronto and have three games left at Tropicana Field, a series that closes out the regular season.After going 0-2 with an 8.68 ERA in his first two major league starts in August, Reid-Foley was returned to Triple-A Buffalo briefly. In his three starts since his return, he is 2-1 with a 3.78 ERA. He has had 10-strikeout games in two of those starts.He has never faced the Rays.Castillo will be opening a game for the 10th time this season in his 41st appearance.He has faced the Blue Jays four times this season, all in relief, and is 2-0 and has not allowed a run in 7 2/3 innings.While the Rays are still alive, barely, in the race for a postseason spot, the Blue Jays are using September to give experience to their prospects called up from the minors.“I think the future is bright for us,” Gurriel said through an interpreter. “It’s always nice to have those guys that I played with last year and this year. I’m happy and fortunate to play with those guys and maybe some of them — probably all of them — are going to be my teammates next year. On top of that we got the win. An amazing night and I’m happy for them, too.”Rays manager Kevin Cash said his team needed a lot of help to reach a wild-card spot.“In reality, we’re much farther than people are wanting to recognize,” he said. “We need a lot of things to go in our favor. Losses like this don’t help. … Anytime you’re up 8-2 and find a way to lose the game, that’s tough.”

#54 17-05-2019 08:19:05

liny195
Membre

Jayne Kamin-Oncea/Getty ImagesThe Chicago White Sox and San Diego Padres both remain in the race to sign free-agent shortstop Manny Machado Asdrubal Cabrera Jersey , according to The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal.Rosenthal described Chicago as a "strong factor," with San Diego essentially on equal footing. The White Sox and Padres have prioritized Machado, with the Philadelphia Phillies still in the picture as well. Machado sits atop Philadelphia's list of remaining targets.MLB Network's Jon Heyman reported Sunday the Phillies were emerging as the favorite to land free-agent outfielder Bryce Harper. Bob Nightengale of USA Today followed up to say the Phillies and Harper appeared to be nearing an agreement on a long-term contract, though nothing was finalized.The Padres could be a major wild card when it comes to Harper and Machado. They're generally not a marquee free-agent destination, but anything can seemingly happen if two of MLB's biggest young stars can go unsigned for this long.San Diego hasn't reached the playoffs since 2006, and ownership is clearly ready to end that drought. According to Heyman, the Padres have put a deal on the table for Machado that would be worth about $280 million. Their offer to Harper exceeded that.Not to be outdone, the White Sox already signed Yonder Alonso and Jon Jay, two moves widely seen to be with Machado in mind. Alonso is Machado's brother-in-law http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-tim-tebow-jersey , while Alonso, Machado and Jay have all built a friendship through their ties to the Miami region.For the most part, few could have predicted Machado and Harper would still be available this close to spring training. Don't dismiss the possibility of the proverbial mystery team entering the fray at the last minute and making the biggest splash of the offseason. Three for sure, two possibles... and the rest.The results of the outfielder rankings indicate there are really two groups of players in spring training for the Diamondbacks. The probables1.3 - David Peralta2.5 - Steven Souza Jr.3.0 - Ketel Marte4.6 - Jarrod Dyson4.9 - Socrates BritoThese are the five players who are clearly seen as most likely to be on the D-backs roster come Opening Day next month. Not really any surprises here, either in the names, or the ordering. Peralta was easily the most reliable player among the outfielders in 2018, and there’s no reason to think 2019 will be any different. Souza needs to have a good bounce-back year, but he’s still preferred over Marte. I think the latter’s lack of experience is definitely seen as a problem: while there’s no doubt about the Pike’s athleticism, how well this will translate into Juan Lagares Jersey , say, reads on fly-balls, remains to be seen. That’s probably something only experience will bring. Likely enhancing Brito’s chances of making the roster is that he’s out of minor-league options according to Roster Resource.However, both he and Dyson are left-handed hitters, as is Peralta, leaving Souza the only “pure” right-handed outfielder on the roster (Marte’s a switch hitter). We don’t have much data for Brito at the major-league level (only 30 career PA vs. left-handed pitching), but last season across all levels, he had a very large platoon split (OPS’s of .954 vs. .687). Dyson’s career numbers are closer (.682 vs. .570 in the majors), but it still looks likely to be a lefty-heavy line-up. We’ll also have to see whether Dyson’s balky ‘blique is sorted in time for Opening Day. Which brings us to...The rest7.1 - Tim Locastro7.5 - Abraham Almonte8.2 - Matt Szczur8.6 - Yasmany Tom 8.9 - Rob Refsnyder9.3 - Andrew AplinThe gap between Brito and the rest of the pack is the same as the gap between the highest-ranked there Travis d'Arnaud Jersey , and the lowest. If Dyson proves not to be ready, Locastro is seen as the most likely to take his spot - being already on the 40-man roster probably helps. He also has two minor-league options, so could potentially end up being the Silvino Bracho of the outfield this year. [He’s right-handed too, which would address the left-handed bias mentioned above] For some reason, I keep thinking Almonte is a prospect, but this would be his 7th major-league season - still appears to have an option left. He’s consistently seen between 50-82 games each of the last five years, so it’d be no shock to see him. The rest? We’ll see. But Arizona used 11 different starting outfielders in both 2017 and 2018, and a startling fourteen in 2016 [including Mike Freeman, Phil Gosselin and Kyle Jensen Noah Syndergaard Jersey , but not Shelby Miller...] On that basis, we should expect to see everyone on this list at some point in the outfield over the next seven months. Yes, even Tomas - though his future is perhaps more potentially to be at first-base, though the outlook is generally cloudy. However, as with most positions, the talent in our minor-league system is mostly at the lower levels. That’s especially so with the loss of 2018 Reno guys Evan Marzilli (now a Cub) and Rey Fuentes (a free-agent). Not sure who’d be our OF prospect closest to the majors. Predicting the outfieldHere are the same 11 players. Now you get to predict whether you think each of the men in question will be on the Opening Day roster or not. If you have an issue with the embedded form, click on the link.Take the pollResults to follow... later in the week, he said vaguely. :)

#55 17-05-2019 09:05:18

liny195
Membre

Joshua Johnson Is HS Footballs Quadruple ThreatThe Champions x Queer EyeHappy 26th Birthday to OBJ  Anniversary to the Cubs Curse-BreakingD-Rose Turned Back the Clock and Put Up 50Will Drake Favorite Teams Reverse the 6 God Curse?Sports Worlds Halloween Costumes Went HardUp Your Halloween Game with Giant Pumpkin RegattaThe Champions: Episode 6 Is ComingDubs Trolled Fergie So Hard It Became a ChallengePurdue Footballs No. 1 Fan Is Inspiring the TeamOne Road to MLB Starts with a Bottle Cap and BroomstickIts Been a Wild Month with Flyers? Rondo Blowup Was a Long Time ComingMahomes Is Showtime Off the Field TooCFBs Creative Entrances Put WWE to ShameWorld Pole Climbing Championships Are Something ElseNBA Let Players Know They Have to Cover Branded TattoosRight Arrow IconTwo-way threatShohei Ohtaniis giving the young Yankees infield a run for their money in a close race to win AL Rookie of the Year. Watch above to see how their stats line up.Connect to the stories Carlos Martinez Jersey , teams, athletes and highlights that make the game more than a game.Speaking of the game, it's time to take your sports knowledge to the next level! Download the free Bleacher Report app to catch all the moments that matter in one place. Get the app to get the game. Yesterday Lance Lynn Jersey , the thiccness was TWO real."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Diamondbacks Farm TeamsGameday ThreadsDiamondbacks NewsDiamondbacks Game ReportsFang FoodSnake EDT@az_brute_squadShareTweetShareShareSnake Bytes 3/21: Aye Aye AvilaYesterday’s game: Diamondbacks 11, White Sox 2. Diamondbacks News: Alex Avila homers twice in win against White Sox.Lovullo said of Avila. “He’s at a very good spot. I know he’s worked very hard this spring. Alex had a very good day and he deserved it.” Yoan Lopez gunning for opening day roster. “I’ve been working hard and I’ll keep working hard because my goal is to be on the 25-man roster for Opening Day. That’s my goal and I’ll keep working hard at it.” Lopez said. “I think that he is getting information that will help him become an elite pitcher on this staff,” Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo said of Lopez. “Look Mark McGwire Jersey , major-league hitters can get wood on a bullet; you can’t throw it hard enough for some guys,” (cough Bradley...cough....cough...), and “There’s some secondary stuff that I felt like he needed to clean up 鈥?and it’s coming along. It’s credit to him for being coachable.” Taijuan Walker throws 20 pitches from mound. Walker is hitting all his marks in the recovery schedule that the D-backs projected for him.Could playing DEEPER help Adam Jones thrive in center field? I don’t know bro http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-marcell-ozuna-jersey , could it? Could you loan me $10 so I can pay to read this article?The story behind the Diamondback’s outrageous 18 inch hot dogs. These massive hot dogs come with a home depot bucket of toppings and cost $30.00. The Diamondbacks’ executive chef Stephen Tilder explains in this article why he wants to destroy our insides.

#56 17-05-2019 09:30:49

liny195
Membre

The Seattle Mariners showed they’ve still got some fight left in them.But Tuesday that came via a pregame skirmish in the clubhouse before they went out to lose 5-3 to the visiting Baltimore Orioles Mark McGwire Jersey , the team with the worst record in the major leagues.“Things happen in a clubhouse. You’re talking about 25 — or now in this case, now 35 — of the most competitive guys you’re ever gonna be around, and you spend basically every waking moment together all the time,” said Mariners manager Scott Servais, who was out on the field when the scuffle took place.Article continues below ...Perhaps the strain of seeing their playoff hopes diminishing by the day — the Mariners have the longest postseason drought in the four major professional sports, having not qualified for the postseason since 2001 — finally got to the players.The Mariners, who were 11 1/2 games ahead of Oakland in the chase for the American League’s second and final playoff berth in mid-June, now find themselves 5 1/2 games back of the Athletics with 23 games remaining.“Certainly, how our season has played out, we just haven’t been consistent,” Servais said. “And the frustration mounts from a number of different places.”As members of the media stood waiting for Servais near the doors of the Mariners’ clubhouse before the game http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-khris-davis-jersey , second baseman Dee Gordon approached and asked quietly, “Could you guys clear out of the clubhouse for just a few minutes, please?”Shortly thereafter, yelling could be heard and a dogpile briefly pushed the clubhouse doors open with some players on the ground, according to MLB.com.Sources told The Seattle Times the incident was between Gordon and shortstop Jean Segura and apparently was about Gordon’s misplay on a ball in center field during Monday’s victory against the Orioles.“I mean, you know what’s on the line for Seattle,” Orioles manager Buck Showalter said after the game. “You know they’re trying to operate on all cylinders.”The Orioles overcame a 1-0 deficit with a four-run seventh, sparked by a leadoff home run by Renato Nunez. Another run scored when Jonathan Villar got trapped in a rundown between first and second on a flyball to left field, allowing Breyvic Valera to score from second.“We had been working on that all spring training. First of all, it’s kind of a mistake that gets rewarded,” Showalter said. “Quite frankly http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-tim-tebow-jersey , you shouldn’t go on that ball, and a lot of people just give up, but he stopped and got the rundown going. That’s baseball moxie. How do you draw that up? … Came out smelling like a rose. Some people call that aggressive, some people call it reckless. We need a little bit of that, quite frankly.”The Mariners will attempt to take the finale of the three-game series Wednesday, when they send right-hander Mike Leake (8-9, 4.25 ERA) to the mound against Baltimore right-hander Andrew Cashner (4-13, 4.87).Leake does not have a decision with a 7.36 ERA in two career starts against the Orioles while Cashner is 2-4 with a 4.09 ERA in 10 appearances (nine starts) against Seattle. Congratulations to Nick Gordon for winning round 6!"Former first round draftee Nick Gordon was our pick in round six. Hopefully we get to see him make his big league debut in 2019.2019 Twinkie Town Prospect Voting ResultsRoyce Lewis 52% (Kirilloff 44%, Graterol 4%)Alex Kirilloff 90% (Graterol 4%, Gordon 4%, Larnach 2%)Brusdar Graterol 56% (Gordon 19% Darryl Strawberry Jersey , Larnach 12%, Thorpe 8%, Gonsalves 5%)Trevor Larnach 42% (Thorpe 25%, Gordon 21%, Gonsalves 12%)Lewis Thorpe 31% (Gordon 30%, Rooker 14%, Javier 13%, Gonsalves 11%)Nick Gordon 39% (Rooker 20%, Gonsalves 18%, Javier 17%, Alcala 5%)This round we add a former second rounder with great tools who has quickly developed them into baseball skills.Stephen Gonsalves http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-tim-tebow-jersey , P 2019 Age: 24 2018 High Level: MLBLefty starting pitcher Stephen Gonsalves was voted our top prospect in 2017. The former fourth round pick has pitched well at every stop and moved quickly through the minors, earning mid-season promotions each season. He started 2018 in Double-A Chattanooga but was quickly promoted after just four games. At Triple-A Rochester he pitched well with a 2.96 ERA and 8.5 K/9 in 100-1/3 innings but his walk rate of 4.9 BB/9 was a red flag. He saw his first big league action in 2019 making his Twins debut in August but the results were not great. He pitched in seven major league games but with a brutal 6.57 ERA and a 2.03 WHIP. Gonsalves has good control of his low-90s fastball and a good changeup but his curve and slider are still a work in progress. He will be in the mix for the open spot in the pitching rotation this spring and will be one of the top pitchers on the list for a callup if he doesn’t win a spot in spring training. Wander Javier, SS 2019 Age: 20 2017 High Level: Elizabethton (Rookie)The Twins signed Wander Javier as an international free agent in the summer of 2015. He was ranked by Baseball America as the #9 international prospect and #8 by MLB.com. The Twins gave him a $4M signing bonus which was their entire 2015 international free agent budget. He hit .299/.383/.471 at Elizabethton in 2017 and was named the #2 prospect in the Appalachian League. Scouts love his righthanded power and ability to play shortstop but a move to third base is possible considering the quality infield prospects the Twins have. He was set to debut at Cedar Rapids last spring but suffered an injury to his non-throwing arm. He had shoulder surgery last spring and missed the entire 2018 season. Expect him to make his Cedar Rapids debut this spring. A Twins debut in 2021 is possible but 2022 is more likely.Brent Rooker, LF/1B2019 Age: 242018 High Level: Chattanooga (AA)Brent Rooker was drafted in the supplemental first round of the 2017 draft (35th overall) out of Mississippi State. He was drafted as a redshirt sophomore in the 38th round of the 2016 draft by the Twins but decided to return for his junior season. He improved his draft stock considerably with a terrific junior year culminating in being named SEC player of the year among other honors. The Twins sent him to Elizabethton and he hit so well (.282/.364/.588) that they skipped over Cedar Rapids and promoted him to Fort Myers. Rooker hit .280/.364/.552 for Fort Myers against competition roughly the same age. In Double-A Chattanooga last summer he saw his first struggles hitting as a professional with a lousy April and underwhelming May due to a drop in batting average. He made adjustments and was outstanding in June and July (1000 OPS). He ended the season in a slump but still put up a respectable .254/.333/.465 batting line for the year. Even when he wasn’t hitting for average he continued to draw walks and hit for power but his strikeouts piled up to 150 for the summer. Rooker is seen as a competent LF and can play 1B but it is his bat that will get him to the big leagues. Look for a promotion to AAA in 2019 and a potential September callup if he continues to hit.Jorge Alcala, P 2019 Age: 23 2018 High Level: Chattanooga (AA) Jorge Alcala was signed by the Houston Astros from the Dominican Republic in 2014. He made his stateside debut in 2016 and was dominant at two levels of rookie ball. In 2017 he continued that dominance in the Midwest League and earned a mid-year promotion to the high-A Carolina League. He began 2018 at that level but impressed with a high strikeout rate (10.5 K/9) while proving nearly unhittable (5.8 H/9) and limiting HR (0.5 HR/9). That earned him a promotion to Double-A Corpus Christi where he maintained his impressive production. He was acquired by the Twins at the trade deadline as half of the return for reliever Ryan Pressly. The scouting report leads with a dominant fastball clocked as high as 98MPH. His slider can be terrific or flatten out and become hittable and his changeup is just mediocre. Limiting walks has also been an issue throughout Alcala’s minor league career. If he is able to more consistently show his good slider he could dominate as a fastball/slider pitcher in the bullpen. If he is also able to refine the changeup he profiles as a mid-rotation starter. He is likely to start the season at Double-A Pensacola but could move quickly to the major leagues.Akil Baddoo, CF 2019 Age: 20 2018 High Level: Cedar Rapids (A) Akil Baddoo was drafted in the second round in 2016 and was considered a toolsy work in progress with exceptional athletic talent (comparisons to Carl Crawford and Jacque Jones) but in need of refinement at the plate. Not unexpectedly, he hit .178 that summer in rookie ball. In 2017 it all came together in a hurry. He improved to .267/.360/.440 playing for the Gulf Coast Twins and was promoted to Elizabethton where he did even better. He hit .357/.478/.579 with more walks (27) than strikeouts (19) at Betsy and drew rave reviews for his approach at the plate. In 2018 he spent the summer at Cedar Rapids and thrived in a leadoff role. His batting average dipped (.243) but he did well getting on base (.351 OBP) and maintained his power (44 XBH) while showcasing his speed (11 triples, 24SB, 4 CS). The chink in the armor was a rise in strikeouts (124) and his struggles against more advanced lefthanded pitching (.220/.304/.339) but considering his age he performed admirably. His grade 70 speed allows him to cover CF but his arm might keep him in LF in the majors. Expect to see him in Fort Myers in 2019 but by 2021 he might be making his debut in the spacious LF of Target Field.

#57 04-06-2019 09:01:15

liny195
Membre

A quick look at the Seahawks' 2019 free agentsThirteen Seahawks are set to become unrestricted free agents at the start of the new league year on Mar. 13. Here's a quick breakdown of the players who are leaving Tom Johnson Color Rush Jersey , and which of them Seattle might choose to re-sign.After Impressive Rookie Season, “The Sky Is The Limit” For Tre FlowersDespite being a rookie learning a new position, Tre Flowers played well in 2018, something that bodes very well for his future.Tuesday Round-Up: Seahawks, EA Sports Team Up To Stream Madden 19 Seahawks ChampionshipTop Madden 19 competitors will compete in a Seahawks Championship at 6 p.m. PT on Tuesday, streamed via Seahawks Facebook and YouTube and EA Sports Madden NFL’s Twitch channel and Mixer channel.Senior Bowl 2019 day one — notes & measurements 芦 Seahawks Draft BlogTracking the Seahawks reserve/future signings.Seahawks will likely have to settle for 3 Pro Bowl participantsThe Seattle Seahawks Pro Bowl alternates appear to have been passed over for a roster spot, leaving them with three Pro Bowl participants.Mel Kiper sends DE/OLB Oshane Ximines to Seahawks in first mock.Pete Carroll updates OT Jamarco Jones' ankle injury.Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner named to Pro Bowl Skills Showdown rosterSeahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and linebacker Bobby Wagner will represent Seattle and the NFC in the Pro Bowl Skills Showdown on ESPN.Cole Beasley: Cowboys front office 'pushes' WR targets - NFL.comCole Beasley, an impending free agent, raised speculation that he will not be returning to the Cowboys while criticizing the nature and source of Dallas' play-calling.Redskins don't expect suspension for Reuben Foster - NFL.comRedskins president Bruce Allen told reporters Tuesday that the team does not anticipate a suspension coming for Reuben Foster, who saw a domestic violence charge dropped earlier this month.John Elway Rasheem Green Color Rush Jersey , Stephen Jones wary of replay changes - NFL.comSean Payton wants changes to the NFL's replay system, but two other competition committee members -- John Elway and Stephen Jones -- disagree.2019 Pro Bowl Skills Showdown rosters released - NFL.comThe faces of football fun have been chosen. The Pro Bowl Skills Showdown rosters are set. Von Miller and Myles Garrett headline the AFC group, wile Adam Thielen and Russell Wilson lead the NFC.Redskins 'optimistic' QB Alex Smith will play again - NFL.comOne day after Alex Smith was spotted publicly for the first time since suffering his season-ending leg injury, a member of the Redskins front office expressed optimism that Smith will return to the field at some point.DeMarcus Ware on Vic Fangio: 'He's a mastermind' - NFL.comNew Broncos coach Vic Fangio draws high praise from former Broncos pass-rushing star Demarcus Ware, who believes Von Miller and Bradley Chubb will get even better under their new coach.Senior Bowl notebook, Day 1: Montez Sweat rising into top 10 - NFL.comLance Zierlein says Mississippi State edge rusher Montez Sweat and Missouri QB Drew Lock were among the top performers on the first day of Senior Bowl practice. Plus, find out what we learned from Jon Gruden and a QB prospect who counts the Manning brothers among the influences in his development.Rams safety: Tom Brady is “definitely beatable” – ProFootballTalkGiven the way they made up the whole notion that nobody thinks they can win, the Patriots will certainly use anything they can for motivation. So this one should be easy. Rams safety John Johnson III said on the Rams' team website that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was "definitely beatable.Cowboys “more comfortable” about long-term deal with DeMarcus Lawrence – ProFootballTalkCowboys defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence played out the 2018 season on the franchise tag, but didn't have the same upset about that state of affairs that we've seen from other players. The Seattle Seahawks are back in the lead of the “hunt.”Following their 43-16 win over the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday, the Seahawks improved to 7-5 with their third straight win. Combined with a loss by the Minnesota Vikings, who fall to 6-5-1 after a loss to the New England Patriots Will Dissly Color Rush Jersey , that puts Seattle in the six-seed as of Sunday evening.The next game to watch: Washington at the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday night. Should the Eagles win at home, the Seahawks should move into the five seed, the wild card team that will likely go on the road to face the winner of the NFC East. As of now, that looks like it will be the Dallas Cowboys, a team that Seattle beat earlier this season.The NFC West is now decided as the LA Rams clinched the division following their win over the Detroit Lions on Sunday. The Carolina Panthers, the team that the Seahawks needed to beat last week to get into this favorable position, lost for the fourth straight time. The Panthers went from a two-game lead over Seattle when they were 6-2 to being two games behind the Seahawks in a matter of only four weeks.If Philly does win on Monday night it will knock down Washington, but also keep the Eagles just a game behind Seattle. Other than that, there’s not much standing between the Seahawks and their sixth playoff berth in the last seven years. Per 538, they are now 86% to make the postseason.The Seahawks host the Vikings next Monday night.

#58 04-06-2019 09:32:47

liny195
Membre

The Indianapolis Colts continued to rely heavily on young players to put away the Tennessee Titans in Nashville on Sunday night. It was a great opportunity for the young Colts to get recognized on a big stage and many of the first- and second-year players made the most of their chances.We will take a look at contributions on both sides of the ball T.Y. Hilton Jersey , along with season totals for each player. OFFENSEQuenton Nelson and Braden Smith remain stalwarts on the Colts offensive line. Both took every offensive snap. Neither allowed a sack. They helped the Colts rush for 158 yards and put up 33 points on the 3rd ranked scoring defense in the NFL. Nelson even gathered a tackle. Nelson finished the season having played every snap and allowed only 4 quarterback hits and 2 sacks as a rookie. He became the first guard in NFL history be named Offensive Player of the Month and is the first Colts rookie lineman named to the Pro Bowl since Colts Ring of Honor member Chris Hinton did so in 1983. Hinton went on to receive 7 Pro Bowl invitations and was named an All-Pro 7 times. Running back Jordan Wilkins finally had an opportunity to make an on-field impact, tallying 3 carries for 18 yards and adding 1 catch for 5 yards. Another catch and would-be touchdown was negated by a penalty flag. Wilkins spelled Mack and played on a total of 16% of the offensive plays.Wilkins finished his rookie season with 60 carries for 336 yards, a team-leading 5.6 yards per carry average, and added one rushing touchdown. He also caught 16 passes for 85 yards and had an impressive 94.1% catch percentage. Unfortunately, he led the team with 2 fumbles and both resulted in turnovers.Rookie back Nyheim Hines took his only carry for 4 yards but added 3 receptions for 25 yards. His role was heavier earlier than the game than it was late as he saw the field for only 18% of the offensive opportunities.On the season, Hines carried the ball 85 times for 314 yards, a team-worst 3.7 yards per carry average, and added two rushing touchdowns. He shined most as a receiver, catching 63 passes for 425 yards and another two touchdowns, with a 77.8% catch percentage. His 63 receptions was third best on the team behind only T.Y. Hilton and Eric Ebron, and he gathered the third highest reception total for a rookie in Colts history, behind only Marvin Harrison and Bill Brooks.Second-year rusher Marlon Mack toted the ball 25 times for 119 yards and a touchdown. He also caught 3 passes for a total of -1 yards and saw the field for 67% of the offensive snaps.For the season, Mack gathered 908 yards on 195 carries, a 4.7 yards per carry average, and carried the ball for 10 touchdowns. He had four games with over 100 rushing yards, including back-to-back performances with more than 120 yards. The last Colts running back to have four games of 100 yards or more was Joseph Addai in 2007. Mack added 17 receptions for 103 yards and a touchdown, and had a 65.4% catch percentage.Sophomore tight end Mo Alie-Cox had 1 catch for 21 yards against the Titans and saw the field for 49% of the offensive opportunities. He finished the season with 7 receptions for 133 yards and two touchdowns, with a catch percentage of 53.8%. Perhaps his biggest impact has been filling in as one of the team’s primary blocking tight ends Darius Leonard Color Rush Jersey , particularly after Jack Doyle was lost for the season to injury.Second-year receiver Zach Pascal saw the field for 54% of the offensive snaps but was not targeted. His season concluded with 27 receptions for 268 yards and 2 touchdowns, with a catch percentage of 58.7%. He returned 14 kickoffs for 297 yards, a 21.2 yards per return average.DEFENSEDarius Leonard tied for the team lead with 8 tackles, 1 interception and 2 passes defensed. His interception sealed the game and allowed Andrew Luck to kneel down to close things out. He played on 100% of the defensive snaps.Leonard had one of the most productive defensive seasons in NFL history. He finished with 163 tackles (1st in the NFL), 7 sacks (2nd on the team), 12 tackles for a loss, 8 quarterback hits, 2 interceptions, 8 passes defensed, 4 forced fumbles and 2 fumble recoveries. He broke the Colts record for tackles in a season and is a front runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year.Undrafted free agent safety George Odum collected 5 tackles and one pass defensed on 53% of defensive downs played. For the season, Odum tallied 28 defensive tackles, 8 special teams tackles, 1 tackle for a loss, 1 interception and 2 passes defensed. With injuries suffered by Clayton Geathers, Matthias Farley and Mike Mitchell at different times during the season, Odum stepped in to take on a significant role in the nickel defense.Seventh round rookie linebacker Zaire Franklin generated 3 tackles on 12% of the defensive snaps. He finished with 25 defensive tackles, 4 special teams tackles and a pass defensed. He was used primarily in a rotational role when the Colts starting linebackers were sidelined. His biggest contribution came against the New England Patriots in Week 5, where he tallied 11 of his 25 defensive tackles.Fellow seventh round rookie linebacker Matthews Adams had 2 tackles on 29% of the defensive snaps against the Titans. He finished the season with 26 defensive tackles https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Denzelle-Good-Jersey , 7 special teams tackles, 5 tackles for a loss, 2 quarterback hits and a fumble recovery. It took him over half of the season to really start making a consistent impact as he worked his way into the “starting” strong side linebacker role. His largest impact has been felt against mobile quarterbacks where he helps to set the edge and contain the pocket. Second round defensive end Tyquan Lewis played on 43% of the defensive snaps against the Titans but did not register a defensive stat. For the season, which started on Week 10 for him after he was placed on injured reserve to start the year, Lewis gathered 13 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 tackles for a loss, 8 quarterback hits and a pass defensed. He notably took away almost all of Kemoko Turay’s defensive snaps when he returned from injury and clearly earned the trust of Indy’s defensive coaches as a three-down defender.Speaking of Turay, he saw the field on 24% of the defensive snaps against the Titans but wasunable to record a defensive stat. His rookie season started with promising signs but fizzled out in the back half of the season. He totaled 15 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 tackle for a loss, tied for the team lead with 13 quarterback hits and forced a fumble. It will be interesting to follow Turay’s development over the off-season after such a strange progression in his rookie season.Kenny Moore II has been one of the biggest surprises for the Colts secondary in 2018. He started by flashing his potential in training camp as the best defensive back on the team and consistently displayed his skill set throughout the season. Against the Titans, he was on the field for every defensive snap and registered 4 tackles, a back-breaking interception and 2 passes defensed. For the season, Moore tallied 76 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 4 tackles for loss, 2 quarterback hits Clayton Geathers Jersey , 3 interceptions, 11 passes defensed and a forced fumble. Former first round safety Malik Hooker saw the field in his sophomore season as much as any second-year player. He had to transition into a new defensive role and was still within the one-year mark from his ACL/MCL surgeries from the mid-year mark in 2017, but he started to make his presence felt late in the season. In Nashville, he took every defensive snap and gathered 3 tackles and pass defensed. For the season, Hooker generated 44 tackles, 2 interceptions, 4 passes defensed and a fumble recovery. Early in the season, Chris Ballard added defensive lineman Al-Quadin Muhammad off of waivers from the New Orleans Saints. He has received a heavy work load as a rotational lineman throughout the year. In Tennessee, Muhammad registered 3 tackles on 43% of the defensive snaps. For the season, he recorded 28 tackles 5 tackles for a loss, 2 quarterback hits, 1 pass defensed and a fumble recovery.Second-year linebacker Anthony Walker was unable to work his way into a meaningful role in his rookie season. That changed when Matt Eberflus brought a speed-based, Tampa 2 defense to Indianapolis that allowed Walker to drop weight and simplify his assignments. After missing the Week 16 game against the New York Giants, Walker tallied 2 tackles on 76% of the defensive snaps against Tennessee. He concluded the season with 104 tackles (2nd on the team), 1 sack, 10 tackles for a loss, 2 quarterback hits, 1 interception Nate Hairston Color Rush Jersey , 4 passes defensed and a fumble recovery. Small school prospect Grover Stewart was drafted in 2017 due to freakish quickness for a man his size. He has served in a rotational role in his first two NFL seasons but has developed a habit of getting drawn off-sides that will need to be corrected. Against the Titans, Stewart registered 1 tackle and a tackle for a loss on 12% of the defensive snaps. He finished the season with 17 tackles and 2 tackles for a loss. Former second round pick Quincy Wilson has had a roller coaster experience since he arrived in Indianapolis. He spent much of his rookie season in Chuck Pagano’s dog house and then found himself back in that spot for Frank Reich and Matt Eberflus. He credits veteran safety Mike Mitchell for helping to turn his season around. Once Mitchell arrived, Wilson started to earn more opportunities. He collected 1 tackle on 59% of the defensive snaps in Tennessee. His season included 27 tackles, 1 interception, 2 passes defensed and a fumble recovery. ANALYSISIt has been an impressive season for first- and second-year Colts players. If Chris Ballard was truly intent on building a team identity and foundation based upon homegrown players, 2018 has been a very productive season in that effort. Numerous players seem to have their arrows pointing up and appear to have benefited considerably from coaching staff and defensive scheme changes.Ballard should have considerable flexibility in how he wants to approach the 2019 off-season due to all of the young and developing talent that is already filling the locker room. ATLANTA (AP) — The Latest on the AP NFL individual awards Saturday (all times local):7 p.m.It was a Patrick Mahomes runaway for NFL MVP. In his second pro season, Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes took The Associated Press 2018 NFL Most Valuable Player award. He received 41 votes from a nationwide panel of media members who regularly cover the league. New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees got the other nine in balloting announced at NFL Honors.With only one previous start, Mahomes entered the season as something of a curiosity in Kansas City after the Chiefs traded veteran Alex Smith to open up the job. It didn't take long to erase any doubts as Mahomes led the Chiefs to their first AFC title game since the 1993 season, throwing for 50 touchdowns, 5,097 yards and had a 113.8 QB rating, trailing only Brees."I'm so humbled," he said. "This is just the beginning. We've got a long ways to go."Mahomes' creativity — the guy can throw from all angles and make plays inside and outside the pocket — energized the Chiefs' fan base and excited fans across the league."The play is never dead. He can find new ways to get you the ball," Chiefs All-Pro tight end Travis Kelce said. "It may look like a screwball, a slider here or there, but it'll get to you eventually."Mahomes is the sixth straight quarterback and 11th of the last 12 years to win MVP. No Kansas City player had won the award since the Chiefs joined the NFL in 1970.

#59 04-06-2019 09:51:45

liny195
Membre

GREEN BAY DeShone Kizer Jersey , Wis. 鈥?The lowly Arizona Cardinals pulled off an upset at Lambeau Field that was so much a stunner that the Green Bay Packers fired coach Mike McCarthy after the game.Zane Gonzalez kicked a 44-yard field goal with 1:41 left, Green Bay’s Mason Crosby missed a 49-yard attempt as time expired and the Cardinals braved wintry conditions to hold on for a 20-17 victory on Sunday.More Packers coverageProtecting QB Aaron Rodgers will be Packers’ priority vs. BearsPackers place starting guard Bell on IR, sign OL SiragusaStaTuesday: Packers’ Rodgers sets record with INT-free streakPackers Snap Counts: Patrick shows fight in first startUpon Further Review: Packers vs. FalconsThe Packers (4-7-1) announced McCarthy’s dismissal following the postgame availabilities with the media. Team president Mark Murphy made the move after Green Bay took another debilitating hit to its fading playoff hopes.“The 2018 season has not lived up to the expectations and standards of the Green Bay Packers,” Murphy said in a statement. “As a result, I made the difficult decision to relieve Mike McCarthy of his role as head coach, effective immediately.”For McCarthy, a tenure highlighted by a Super Bowl win in the 2010 season ends with a loss to Arizona (3-9), one of the worst teams in the league.After the game, but before the Packers fired McCarthy, the Cardinals were joking and yelling in the visitor’s locker room as if they didn’t believe what had just happened.“We did that! We did that,” some emotional players yelled.Cardinals rookie Josh Rosen struggled for much of the afternoon, but hit Larry Fitzgerald for a sliding 32-yard completion on third-and-23 to help set up Gonzalez’s winning kick.“It’s hard to win in this league and it’s been a long time since we won a football game,” coach Steve Wilks said.It was Oct. 28 Tramon Williams Color Rush Jersey , to be exact, when the Cardinals beat San Francisco at home. Until Sunday, their only other victory this season came on the road against the 49ers.Crosby pushed his kick wide right, with the flags atop Lambeau blowing in toward the field at the time of the play. Green Bay’s playoff hopes took another significant blow.“It was clearly a very disappointing loss, it was a game we needed to win,” McCarthy said in his final press conference, before his firing was announced.Gonzalez just joined the team this week after Phil Dawson was placed on injured reserve. The Cardinals had a patchwork offensive line, which didn’t bode well for what had been the league’s worst offense coming into the day.“All the things that were said on the outside, these guys circled the wagons and came together,” Wilks said.Green Bay has lost three straight and five of six.Aaron Rodgers was 31 of 50 for 233 yards and a touchdown. A couple throws looked off, especially in the first half, and receivers had a few drops.The offense regained some swagger after Rodgers orchestrated a 95-yard drive that led to Aaron Jones‘ 8-yard touchdown run with 5:26 left, tying it at 17. Davante Adams tip-toed the sideline for a 19-yard catch to extend that drive.But too many missed opportunities and drops caught up with the Packers in the end. They struggled on third down https://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Marcedes-Lewis-Jersey , going 3 for 14 in the continuation of a season-long theme.Rookie Chase Edmonds ran for two touchdowns for Arizona. Rosen was 11 of 26 for 149 yards, making just enough plays in front of a makeshift offensive line.“Other than (center Mason Cole), I don’t think a single one of those guys start the season,” Rosen said. “They’re doing a hell of a job.”IT’S FITZFitzgerald’s 32-yard reception gave him 1,281 for his career, matching Hall of Famer Jerry Rice for most receptions in NFL history with one team.“I’m not big on the records,” Fitzgerald said. “This is a difficult place to get a win and we needed it badly. It’s been a rough year. Mostly, I’m just happy we were able to come out victorious.”RODGERS’ INPUTRodgers said his focus was getting his teammates to “play with that pride” and focus on the next four games. The Packers still have a chance to make the postseason, however slim.“Yeah, I mean I’m not even thinking about that right now,” Rodgers said when asked if he would have any role with Murphy or general manager Brian Gutekunst about what direction they should go with the coaching staff.McCarthy’s dismissal was announced about an hour later.The offensive players, Rodgers said, bear blame for whatever happens in the future.“Yeah https://www.thepackersfanshop.com , a lot probably. We haven’t played very well,” he said.KEY PLAYRosen’s 32-yard completion to Fitzgerald sapped momentum from the Packers after Arizona was pushed back to its own 12. Dean Lowry sacked Rosen on first down, and Rosen threw an incompletion on second-and-18 following a botched snap. Wilks said he likes how Rosen shook off earlier struggles.RODGERS RECORDA 16-yard completion to Adams with 13:42 left in the second quarter gave Rodgers the team record for attempts without an interception. Hall of Famer Bart Starr set the previous mark of 294 from 1964-65.INJURY REPORTCardinals: LG Mike Iupati was carted off the field in the third quarter with a knee injury. Arizona was already starting rookies at center and right tackle.Packers: RG Byron Bell and RT Bryan Bulaga each left in the second quarter with knee injuries.UP NEXTCardinals: Host the Detroit Lions on Dec. 9.Packers: Host the Atlanta Falcons on Dec. 9. On Wednesday, news broke that the Green Bay Packers were closing in on Shawn Mennenga as their next special teams coordinator. On Thursday, reports indicate that he has the job.ESPN’s Rob Demovsky has the news that the Packers have offered Mennenga the job and that he has accepted it. That is the final major piece for head coach Matt LaFleur on his first coaching staff in Green Bay. The team will still round out its staff with a few other assistant coaches, likely including a special teams assistant and several quality control coaches, but all of the primary position coaches and coordinators are finally locked in.Expect the Packers to formally announce the hire soon.Mennenga worked for Packers defensive coordinator Mike Pettine in Cleveland, serving as the Browns’ assistant special teams coach before, during, and after Pettine’s two-year tenure in 2014-15. That connection likely played a role in him being on LaFleur’s radar, though another link exists from that same period: LaFleur’s former boss and colleague Kyle Shanahan was Pettine’s offensive coordinator in 2014. Either or both of those men may have recommended Mennenga for the job.Despite having just one year of experience as a special teams coordinator — and doing so at Vanderbilt University — the Packers will count on Mennenga to lead a massive turnaround in the third phase of the game. Ron Zook’s units finished dead last in Rick Gosselin’s annual special teams rankings in 2018, which was a primary reason the team let him walk. Hopefully Mennenga can indeed lead a rebound as the Packers try to get back to playoff contention.

#60 04-06-2019 10:13:19

liny195
Membre

The Cleveland Browns signed tight end Darren Fells to a modest three-year contract in March of 2018. Fells Denzel Ward Jersey , who spent the previous season with the Detroit Lions, was an afterthought for many, brought in to supply depth behind tight ends David Njoku and Seth DeValve.But just like he did with the Lions, and with the Arizona Cardinals for three seasons prior to Detroit, Fells proved to be a player who makes the most of his opportunities:This was the third time in his five-year career that Fells has finished with three touchdown receptions, but the first time he has accomplished it on so few receptions. He had three touchdown receptions with the Cardinals in 2015 on 21 receptions, and again with the Lions in 2017 on just 17 receptions.Fells took a different path to the NFL as he spent five years after college playing professional basketball in Belgium, Finland, France Trevon Coley Color Rush Jersey , Mexico and Argentina. He spent training camp with the Seattle Seahawks in 2013 and 2014 before joining Arizona’s practice squad. He finally made the Cardinals’ active roster as a 28-year-old rookie in 2014.The veteran tight end may not fill up the box score on a weekly basis, but as long as he continues to find the end zone when given the chance, the Browns will be happy with him on the field. The Cleveland Browns are 4-6-1, which still puts them in the playoff hunt heading into Week 13. And, because of the Steelers’ surprising loss to the Broncos last week, there is a slight window that has opened to win the AFC North.AFC Standings Heading into Week 13AFC North ConsiderationThree of the Steelers’ final five games are against some tough teams: the Chargers, Patriots, and Saints. Let’s say they lose all three of those games. Their other two games are against the Raiders and Bengals. If they lose one of those in an upset too, and Cleveland wins out https://www.brownsfanshop.com/Duke-Johnson-Jersey , they would have a shot at winning the division (assuming the Ravens do not keep winning).AFC Wildcard SpotThe Ravens and Colts both won last week, putting them two ahead of Cleveland. The Browns can’t quite catch them yet, but we have to take this one week at a time.Week 13 Rooting Guide Summary (Most Important Right Now)We want everyone in front of the Browns to lose. There are a lot of teams (six) that need to lose — it won’t all happen in one week, but the idea is that Cleveland builds a winning streak, and week-by-week, the Browns move up as a subset of teams suffer a loss.Cleveland Browns defeat Houston TexansAtlanta Falcons defeat Baltimore RavensCincinnati Bengals defeat Denver BroncosJacksonville Jaguars defeat Indianapolis ColtsBuffalo Bills defeat Miami DolphinsNew York Jets defeat Tennessee TitansLos Angeles Chargers defeat Pittsburgh SteelersThese outcomes would allow Cleveland to move up to the 8th spot in the AFC.Playoff SimulatorsESPN Playoff MachineNY Times Playoff MachineLet us know what crazy scenarios you come up with to show the Browns getting the sixth seed! Here is one for us, which even has the Browns losing one game and making it:

#61 03-07-2019 07:45:42

liny195
Membre

5 Safeties Seahawks Could Pursue in Free Agency - SeahawkMaven.ioWith Earl Thomas all but gone Gary Jennings Jr. Jersey , Seattle may plunge into the free agent market to find an upgrade at safety.Should the Seahawks pursue Washington safety Taylor Rapp?The Seattle Seahawks are expected to look for help in the secondary during the NFL Draft. Could UW safety Taylor Rapp be a target?Will Grier could be an option for the Seahawks 芦 Seahawks Draft BlogSummer Sports and Entertainment Business Academy To Be Hosted at Virginia Mason Athletic CenterThe Global Sports and Entertainment Business Academy-Seattle will be hosted this summer at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center from June 24-28.Monday Round-Up: Seahawks, NFC Fall 26-7 To AFC In 2019 Pro BowlRecapping what went down at the 2019 Pro Bowl in Orlando, Florida.Seahawks mailbag: Tag and trade Earl Thomas? Why does Russell Wilson get sacked so much? | The Seattle TimesCould the Seahawks still get anything in exchange for Earl Thomas? And why does Russell Wilson keep getting sacked so much? That and more in our latest Seahawks mailbag.What should we make of Seahawks' coaching moves in strength and conditioning department?What should we make of the Seahawks' decision to renovate their strength and conditioning department?Seahawks QB Russell Wilson led the league in big-time throw rateSeattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson led the NFL in big-time throw rate last season, according to Pro Football Focus.Seahawks have to pass on these free agent pass rushersThe Seahawks need to keep retooling to do more than just make the playoffs in 2019. They won't be getting any help from these free agent pass rushers.Art Thiel | Sportspress NorthwestSeattle sports journalists Art Thiel and Steve Rudman bring wit and insight to news of Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders and University of Washington sportsSuper Bowl 53: Staff predictions see a Patriots beat down of RamsSuper Bowl 53: Staff predictions see a Patriots beat down of Rams. Sadly, most of our staff thinks Tom Brady and company get another Super Bowl ring.Devin McCourty: SB LIII could be last game if Pats win - NFL.comDevin McCourty has been a stalwart in New England's secondary for nearly a decade. It sounds as though that might be coming to an end soon. McCourty said he might retire if the Patriots win Sunday.Pats DC Brian Flores won't talk about Dolphins future - NFL.comBrian Flores isn't talking about his next job. Just his current one. The current Patriots DC and presumptive Dolphins head coach said he's focused only on Super Bowl preparations against the Rams.Patriots' Rob Gronkowski coy on potential retirement - NFL.comRob Gronkowski plays coy with the best of them, even if it's sometimes painfully awkward. Count Super Bowl LIII Opening Night as one of them, as he again avoided committing to playing beyond Sunday.Nickell Robey-Coleman clarifies Tom Brady comments - NFL.comLos Angeles Rams cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman clarified viral comments he made to Bleacher Report about Tom Brady.Aaron Donald: Los Angeles is 'a football town now' - NFL.comThanks to a Super Bowl run in their third season back in Los Angeles http://www.theseahawksfanshop.com/Cody-Barton-Jersey , the Rams feel like the metropolis finally has its eyes on them.Sights, sounds from Super Bowl LIII Opening Night - NFL.comThe countdown to Super Bowl LIII officially kicked off with Opening Night in Atlanta. Players and coaches from the New England Patriots and Los Angeles Rams were thrown into the media madness.Falcons assistant leaves for head coaching job – ProFootballTalkThe Falcons got rid of all three coordinators this offseason, but their latest staff change was voluntary. According to D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, defensive backs coach Charlie Jackson left the team to become head coach at Kentucky State.Patrick Chung on butt-kicking prediction: “I’m a clown” – ProFootballTalkFor a team that has searched for vague criticism just so they can use it for motivation, you'd expect the Patriots to be sensitive about offering the same fodder to others.Longtime Patriots assistants to return for another year – ProFootballTalkThe Patriots are losing de facto defensive coordinator Brian Flores to the Dolphins soon, and he may want to take some friends with him. But two of Bill Belichick's bedrock assistants are staying with him. POLL: Which free agent is the Seahawks’ biggest priority? | HeraldNet.comK.J. Wright, Frank Clark and D.J. Fluker are among Seattle’s unrestricted free agents.Seahawks 2018 Season HonorsPlayers, plays and trends that stood out in the Seahawks’ 2018 season.Monday Round-Up: Jim Zorn Selected As Head Coach For 2019 Polynesian BowlSeahawks Ring of Honor member Jim Zorn has been selected as a head coach for the 2019 Polynesian Bowl.An early projection on legit first round grades 芦 Seahawks Draft BlogRobert Mays/Kevin Clark show hole in Seahawks off. philosophy.Seahawks sign defensive tackle Jamie Meder to reserve/futures contractThe Seattle Seahawks have inked former Browns defensive tackle Jamie Meder to a reserve/futures contract, reserving his rights for 2019.Moore: Underdogs are fun to root for D.K. Metcalf Jersey , but this year's NFL playoffs show why wild card isn't good enoughFor 710 ESPN Seattle's Jim Moore, the biggest takeaway from the weekend was the importance of getting one of the top two playoff seeds. This year's conference championships will once again be fought between 1 and 2 seeds.Seattle Seahawks send out series of tweets thanking fans and 12sThe Seattle Seahawks sent out a series of tweets thanking fans and 12s for all their support following the wrap of the 2018 NFL season.Seahawks offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer talks analyticsSeattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer talked about advanced analytics on 710 ESPN's Brock and Salk show.Packers hiring Nathaniel Hackett as Matt LaFleur's OC - NFL.comNathaniel Hackett wasn't out of a job for very long. The Green Bay Packers are hiring Hackett as their offensive coordinator, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.Vikings hire Gary Kubiak to offensive coaching staff - NFL.comGary Kubiak is back on an NFL coaching staff, but it's not in Denver. The Vikings hired the former Broncos and Texans coach on Monday with the title of assistant head coach/offensive advisor.Cowboys, Chargers staffs to coach in 2019 Pro Bowl - NFL.comFour teams went home unhappy at the conclusion of the Divisional Round, but two of those teams' staffs will get a vacation as a consolation prize. The Cowboys and Chargers will coach the Pro Bowl.Mike Munchak leaves Steelers to take Broncos' OL job - NFL.comWhile the talk is about Antonio Brown's potential departure from Pittsburgh, an important member of the Steelers' coaching staff is headed elsewhere. Mike Munchak is moving west to Denver.Jets' Adam Gase 'excited' to work with QB Sam Darnold - NFL.comNew Jets head coach Adam Gase is excited to work with young QB Sam Darnold "this early in his career." While with the Dolphins, Gase prepared to face Darnold twice during the 2018 season.Wentz looks forward to ending injury-prone questions - NFL.comFor the second straight season, the Eagles ended their run with Nick Foles starting behind center. This time http://www.theseahawksfanshop.com/Marquise-Blair-Jersey , it didn't include a title, but the pressure is on the other quarterback, Carson Wentz.Kyler Murray declares intention to enter NFL Draft - NFL.comHeisman Trophy-winning quarterback Kyler Murray will enter his name in the 2019 NFL Draft. The Oklahoma signal-caller announced he submitted his name for early entry in the draft.Reports: Terry Robiskie to become running backs coach with Jaguars – ProFootballTalkThe Jacksonville Jaguars are set to hire Terry Robiskie as their new running backs coach, per multiple reports. The Jaguars fired Tyrone Wheatly as the team's running backs coach at the conclusion of the regular season after Tom Coughlin levied criticism upon Leonard Fournette and T.J.Malcolm Jenkins gets pep talk from Steve Gleason – ProFootballTalkThe most heartwarming moment of the postseason came in New Orleans after the Saints beat the Eagles. Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins, who played for the Saints from 2009-13, returned to the field to spend some time with Steve Gleason.

#62 03-07-2019 08:30:49

liny195
Membre

Many fans and analysts are wondering why the Indianapolis Colts Clayton Geathers Jersey , who started free agency with the most cap space (well over 100M), are not splurging and spending money on big free agents. The Colts..." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteStampede Bluean Indianapolis Colts communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsColtsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Colts StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Colts NewsYahoo Colts Team PageYahoo Colts ReportYahoo Colts Depth ChartYahoo Colts TransactionsYahoo Colts PhotosShop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕The Reason Why The Colts Aren’t SplurgingNew,294commentsEDTShareTweetShareShareThe Reason Why The Colts Aren’t SplurgingTrevor Ruszkowski-USA TODAY SportsMany fans and analysts are wondering why the Indianapolis Colts, who started free agency with the most cap space (well over 100M), are not splurging and spending money on big free agents. The Colts have only made one free agent acquisition and that was Devin Funchess, whom they signed to a 1 year, 10M dollar deal that can turn into 13M with incentives. They have re-signed Pierre Desir to a nice deal and tendered a few of their restricted free agents, but the Colts have been one of the quietest teams in free agency, despite their enormous wealth. There is one big reason why they aren’t splurging: they have a lot of big free agents they need to re-sign next year.As it stands right now, the Colts are looking at these names as free agents next season:Anthony CastonzoJabaal SheardEric EbronJack DoyleRyan Kelly (Player Option)Devin FunchessKenny MooreJoe HaegMatthias FarleyHassan RidgewayLe’Raven ClarkChester RogersRigoberto SanchezJacoby BrissettThis list doesn’t include all the minor free agents and does not include any potential “surprise” players who might perform well this season. If the Colts were to re-sign Castonzo, Sheard, Ebron, Doyle and Kelly (on his 5th year player option), that alone would equate to somewhere between 46M and 58M dollars in cap space. Those figures are based on their current market value. Throw in quality, mid-tier players like Kenny Moore, Joe Haeg, Hassan Ridgeway, Rigoberto Sanchez and Matthias Farley, and you could be looking at another 15 to 22M. If the Colts like Devin Funchess and he plays well this season, then re-signing him might be another 12M. In short, the Colts have a lot of their own to take care of next year and that will require a lot of cap space. If we took the high end figure that was listed, then re-signing those players mentioned might cost the Colts 93M in cap space next year. That’s just 11 players and doesn’t include restricted and exclusive right free agents the Colts decide to tender. The Colts might also have to drop a few bucks on a new backup quarterback if Jacoby Brissett is on a different team next year. There is a decent chance that Chris Ballard is saving 110M dollars for next year’s Colts free agency group. Ballard has proven that he wants to re-sign his current crop of players instead of branching out into the free agency market. He did it this year with Pierre Desir and tendered several players. He also did something similar last year and two years ago with a few players like Jack Doyle and Adam Vinatieri. Ballard's model is similar to that of Green Bay’s during the Ted Thompson era Nate Hairston Color Rush Jersey , which was to build purely through the draft and use the cap space on their own free agents and to keep a strong core together. This worked as they won a Super Bowl in 2011. If the Colts were to not sign any more free agents and sign their projected draft class (without any significant trades), they would walk into free agency next season with approximately $165M. If we use the 110M figure that was listed before, then that leaves the Colts with 55M next year and that does not include next year’s draft class. It’s not to say the Colts are tight on cap space, they aren’t by any means, but if they intend to keep their own, then it will cost them a lot of money next year. If we assume next year’s draft class accounts for 10M in cap hits, and it costs 110M to retain all the high-end and mid-tier free agents on the Colts, then that leaves the Colts with 45M left over for next year. That is a lot of money, but it doesn’t mean they can overpay on players like Trey Flowers and Dee Ford. The value-signing approach that Ballard has done over the past few seasons still needs to be in place as big money that’s wasted could come back to haunt the team in a couple of seasons. Over the first few days of free agency, we saw a lot of big players get massive deals. By most measures, the biggest free agency signings were overpaid. It doesn’t mean they were bad signings, but the amount of money they received exceeded their market value. If they don’t perform as expected, then those signings aren’t only bad on paper, but they have a stranglehold on a team’s cap situation for years to come. Ndamukong Suh’s deal with the Dolphins is a perfect example, as they are still paying Suh and are still taking in 12M in dead cap hit because of his release. Free agency is less than a week old, and as the second week approaches, we should see more contracts where the players receive deals more indicative of their market value. I still don’t expect Chris Ballard to start burning through paper, but we should see the Colts make a couple more signings when this “second session” approaches. The Colts also have TY Hilton as a free agent in 2021, so saving as much money as possible over the next few years is crucial.This isn’t about defending or bashing Ballard; when you get a patient general manager who is very hesitant to throw big money around in the first place and add in the fact that the Colts have a bunch of big free agents next season, the fact that he has been quiet this offseason shouldn’t be surprising.The one minor issue that will arise is the 89% threshold that each team must reach when spending money. The rule works that over a 4-year period, a team must spend 89% of their total salary cap. The rule states that from 2017 to 2020, the Colts must spend 89% of their salary cap in cash. The Colts have not reached that point yet https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Braden-Smith-Jersey , and still have another offseason to reach it. However, if they don’t reach 89%, the penalty isn’t severe as they must distribute the difference (between 89% and whatever they actually spent) amongst their own players and potentially lose a minor draft pick. With the amount of free agents next season, there’s a good chance that the Colts reach 89% in next year’s offseason alone. When managing a salary cap, a general manager must have a long-term approach. Anyone can sign players in a given season, but poor spending always catches up to you. It’s become obvious that Chris Ballard has a long-term approach to the salary cap and spending money. The game is nearly here. We have been saying for weeks that each game is a must-win game, and it has been true since the loss to Jacksonville. This one is another, because a loss sends the Colts home to watch the remainder of the playoffs. The Texans, despite being the home team, are coming to this game more banged up than the Colts and with problems at the offensive line position that may be terminal for this team. The Colts have done well getting into the backfield and hitting Deshaun Watson, and on the other side of the ball, they’ll have their full offensive line on display for the first time against the Texans. With everything on the line, it is time for the Colts to bring it in this Wild Card contest. Here is how you can check out the game.Game Time4:35 pm ET Saturday, January 5th, 2019LocationNRG Stadium - Houston, TexasTV ChannelESPN – Joe Tessitore, Jason Witten, Booger McFarland, and Lisa SaltersRadioWFNI (1070 The Fan) and WLHK (HANK FM) — Matt Taylor (play-by-play), Jim Sorgi (color) and Caroline Cann (sideline)Referee AssignmentBill Vinovich“Enemy” BlogBattle Red BlogTwitterFollow @StampedeBlue for the complete Colts coverage.FacebookLike Stampede Blue on Facebook!PodcastsApple Podcasts | Stitcher | Art 19 | SB Colts Cast YT Channel

#63 03-07-2019 08:46:57

liny195
Membre

But are the things Moore describes as being his challenges really small?" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteAcme Packing Companya Green Bay Packers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsPackersOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections The APC PodcastPackers Film RoomFantasy Football AdviceCDT.comThe moves coming after the compensatory pick deadline weren't massive in terms of star power https://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Mason-Crosby-Jersey , and there are still a few big names without homes, but these signings could have a significant impact in 2019.NFL-NFLPA joint agreements to protect health, safety, wellness of players - NFL.comThis agreement certainly sounds the first step towards the NFL accepting marijuana as an acceptable medical treatment for its players.Jordan Harold: Ex-Missouri DL says he'll pass rush for hot wings | SI.comHarold apparently did something similar to get a walk-on spot at Missouri Kyler Fackrell Jersey , where he worked his way up to becoming a starter and going on scholarship. Good luck to him! This leaves the team with just one unsigned draft pick remaining." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteAcme Packing Companya Green Bay Packers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsPackersOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections The APC PodcastPackers Film RoomFantasy Football Advicewith just one unsigned draft pick remaining.CDTShareTweetShareSharePackers sign second-round draft pick Elgton Jenkins to rookie contractTrevor Ruszkowski-USA TODAY Sports89 members of the Green Bay Packers’ 90-man roster are now under contract. According to the NFL’s transaction wire on Monday afternoon, the Packers and second-round draft pick Elgton Jenkins have inked the offensive lineman’s rookie contract, locking him in for the 2019 season. Jenkins, the 44th overall pick out of Mississippi State Josh Jackson Color Rush Jersey , was one of just two remaining draft picks who had not signed their deals. The other, tight end and third-round pick Jace Sternberger, remains unsigned for the time being. According to Over the Cap, the estimated rookie pool contract for a player drafted at slot 44 will include a signing bonus of just under $3 million https://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Montr … ams-Jersey , which would give Jenkins an approximate cap hit of $1.233 million for the coming season. A center for the Bulldogs in his final two years of college football, Jenkins has played all over the offensive line and is a candidate to compete for a starting job at guard as a rookie. In addition, he should provide the team with a quality backup for starting center Corey Linsley, regardless of whether he earns a starting job or not.Combining Over the Cap’s contract projection with their salary cap estimates for the Packers leaves the team with approximately $8.45 million in salary cap space following the Jenkins signing. Adding Sternberger to the mix should only drop the Packers’ cap space by another few hundred thousand dollars Jake Ryan Jersey , leaving them with just over $8 million to work with heading into OTAs.

#64 03-07-2019 09:01:56

liny195
Membre

It likely includes the introduction of Odell Beckham." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteDawgs EDTShareTweetShareShareCleveland Browns’ announce offseason programs & media tour begin MondayKen Blaze-USA TODAY SportsThe Cleveland Browns are beginning their offseason programs on April 1st Joe Thomas Jersey , leading up to the 2019 NFL season. Because the Browns have a new head coach, they are allowed to begin their offseason programs two weeks earlier than teams without a new head coach. Monday begins “Phase One” of the team’s offseason program. According to the CBA, that consists of the following:Only the Browns’ strength and conditioning coaches would be allowed on the field. More coaches can start getting involved when minicamps and organized team activities commence, per the schedule below:Offseason Workouts (Phase 1): Begins April 1Offseason Workouts (Phase 2): TBARookie Minicamp: May 3-5OTA Offseason Workouts (Phase 3): May 15, May 22, May 29*Mandatory Minicamp: June 4-6*There are other dates; these were the only three announced since they are open to the media.On Monday, Browns head coach Freddie Kitchens will be available to the media starting at 1:30 PM, and then players will be available after that. The assumption is that new Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr. will make his debut in Berea, where a media circus will no doubt gather around the star-studded receiver. Beckham is already representing Browns attire on social media:On April 18, Browns GM John Dorsey will hold his pre-draft press conference at noon.The annual Cleveland Browns Foundation Golf Tournament at Westwood Country Club will take place on May 20. Competition for both kicker spots will heat up soon enough" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteDawgs EDTShareTweetShareShareMeet the Scottish Hammer, Browns punter Jamie GillanPhoto by Mark Brown/Getty ImagesEveryone knows that the Browns have one of the best punters in the NFL with veteran Britton Colquitt who was named second alternate to the Pro Bowl last season. And at kicker? That is where Cleveland has struggled in recent years. The answer was supposed to be Zane Gonzalez who was drafted in the seventh-round of the 2017 NFL draft. Gonzalez broke the career record in college football for field goals with 96 and owns the record for most points with 468. But he struggled with the Browns. In the second game against the New Orleans Saints in 2018 he missed two FGs, two PATs and then missed the potential game-winner in the final seconds. The week before against the Pittsburgh Steelers Chris Hubbard Color Rush Jersey , his final FG attempt was blocked. Ultimately, the Browns could have begun the season 2-0-0, but instead found themselves 0-1-1. The day after the Saints fiasco, Gonzalez was cut.Cleveland then signed Greg Joseph, an undrafted rookie who had been cut in Miami Dolphins camp. Joseph completed the year going 17-20 on FGs and 25 of 29 PATs. The Browns seemed to want a bit more production out of their field goal team and drafted K Austin Seibert out of Oklahoma in the fifth-round of this year’s draft. Siebert shined at this year’s Senior Bowl. One of these two will become the franchise’s kicker this year. Hammer TimeGM John Dorsey has placed an emphasis on making the special teams unit better this upcoming season. The Dallas Morning News ranks every NFL club’s special teams units annually, and last year ranked the 2018 Browns number 30 (of 32 teams).Now that Dorsey has provided excellent competition at the kicker position, he looked at a battle at punter as well. Not that the Browns are unhappy with Colquitt. But when a professional athlete thinks that his job is on the line, many times that single player will elevate his game and get to another level he didn’t realize was inside of himself. Years ago, the Kansas City Chiefs had future Hall of Famer Morten Andersen as their kicker. Management brought in a young buck by the name of Lawrence Tynes as camp fodder, but Tynes ended up winning the job from the highly-acclaimed veteran. Years later, Tynes would win two Super Bowls with the New York Football Giants. So with the kicker competition set, Dorsey brought in University of Arkansas Pine-Bluff punter Jamie Gillan as one of the team’s Top-30 player visits on April 10 to tour the facilities and have dinner. Next https://www.brownsfanshop.com/Seth-Devalve-Jersey , he was signed to a training camp contract to compete for the starting job.Who exactly is Gillan? Why is he the beholder of one of the most awesome nicknames “The Scottish Hammer.” Gillan was born in England, but grew up in Scotland because his father is a member of the Royal Armed Forces. Equipped with a copious Scottish accent, that part of the nickname falls into place, but what about that “hammer” bit? His high school coach gave it to Gillan after he reeled off an 80-yard punt in a game. Oh, and get this: Gillan (6’-2”, 207 pounds) attended the same Maryland high school as Dorsey.The game of football is full of rugby-style punters these days, and yes, Gillan is a former soccer and rugby player. And because of this, he enjoys contact. He is also a kickoff specialist and enjoys contact there, too. He came to the United States at age 16 after his father became employed at the Naval Air Station Patuxent River in Lexington Park, Maryland. As a former rugby player in England, he witnessed his very first American football game at his new high school. Although the game itself was foreign Kevin Zeitler Jersey , the kicking aspects were not. After several games, Gillan told Leonardtown High School head coach Brian Woodburn that he could kick better than the horrible job their kicker was giving his team. At a meeting set up with Woodburn the following day, the high school coach gave out instructions such as to boot a spiral, launch a punt end-over-end, torpedo style, kickoffs and then attempt some field goals. After beginning at close range, once he started nailing the longer FGs with consistency, all of the kicking functions with the squad were suddenly his. He was playing soccer on the high school team at the same time, and on one particular Friday night finished a game with the varsity soccer team in early afternoon and then was rushed to the football field for that sport’s evening game. The Rugby Star off to CollegeGillan was courted by several NFL teams to sign as an undrafted free agent and ultimately chose the Browns. He also had a few colleges interested in him to kick from them out of high school. How he ended up at Arkansas Pine-Bluff has its own odd story. He explained it on the Houston Texans podcast “TexansWire” in April:Having played soccer all his life and then his devotion to the game of rugby definitely brought some kicking experience to the game of American football. But both of those sports have different styles of kicking, and sometimes off a tee which neither of the other sports even consider. Gillan just assumed his future would become as a professional rugby player. He loved the sport and loved the contact. In that game, more and more players are donning some sort of protective padding to areas such as elbows and knees, and recently even wearing headgear Joel Bitonio Color Rush Jersey , but mostly the entire body is uncovered. At the 2019 Coach Zauner’s College Senior Combine held in March, Gillan was named the best punter. This link displays his highlights: Colquitt vs. the HammerFor comparisons, Gillan averaged 43.4 yards a kick for Arkansas Pine-Bluff, which is a D-1 school. Colquitt averaged 45.4 yards per punt last year and has a 45.5 career average over 10 seasons. Photo by Mark Brown/Getty ImagesColquitt is 34 years old while Gillan is 21. Gillan had 27 drops inside the 20-yard line last year while Colquitt dropped 32 of 83 punts inside the 20 in 2018. In 2018, Gillan was 20 of 29 FGs with a long of 52-yards, and was a four-year kickoff specialist. Colquitt just handles the punter position. And Colquitt himself has booted a 79-yard punt in a game but has never been bequeathed with a cool kicker nickname.Why the Browns?After a solid showing at his pro day last month, he was contacted by 20 NFL clubs to sign as an undrafted free agent after the draft. He narrowed it down to the Browns and the San Francisco 49ers. Both clubs had sent FedEx packages of NFL footballs to him previously. He had four balls and literally destroyed three of them as each one was coming apart at the inner seams. Both Cleveland and San Francisco gave him actual tryouts. He chose the Browns because of two things: special teams coach Mike Priefer, and Colquitt. Gillan knew of Colquitt’s experience, technique and fundamentals and if nothing else, could train from one of the league’s best while at the same time trying to display his job interview to the rest of the NFL coaches if Cleveland does not become his new home. Gillan developed a bond with Coach Priefer. An unexpected injury has kept Gillan off the field during the rookie minicamp, but the Browns seem patient to wait and see what the Scottish Hammer can do once he is completely healthy and performs in actual preseason games.

#65 12-09-2019 08:39:46

liny195
Membre

After beating the Lions in late October Tedric Thompson Color Rush Jersey , Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said that the way the 2018 season was unfolding reminded him of 2012 when Wilson helped the team to the playoffs to the surprise of those who thought the team wasn’t ready for that kind of run.Last year’s team wasn’t a popular choice for the playoffs either as they said goodbye to several defensive stalwarts in the offseason and things didn’t look much brighter during the year when safety Earl Thomas broke his leg, but Seattle wound up in the postseason after going 10-6. During a visit to , head coach Pete Carroll said he also saw the similarities between the two teams.“There’s a common feeling about it,” Carroll said. “There’s an energy about the club Ethan Pocic Color Rush Jersey , an energy in the locker room. There’s a newness, there’s a youthfulness with good experienced leadership which was part of the makeup back then too. I think it’s all part of it. The elements are all lining up. We gotta put together a great offseason. We have work to do in free agency, we’ve got work to do in the draft. We’ve got to put this team together and continue to maintain a really competitive environment. If we do that, we have a chance to be pretty good.”The Seahawks followed up their 2012 success with a Super Bowl title and won another NFC title the next year Shaquill Griffin Color Rush Jersey , so no one in Seattle would object if history repeated itself. The hopes and dreams of the Seattle Seahawks do not need to be pinned on the best team in the NFL, but certainly the New Orleans Saints can give them a little boost on Thursday night. That’s when the Saints take on the Cowboys in Dallas and if New Orleans comes out victorious, the Seahawks will officially be situated in the six seed for at least a couple of days.At 6-5, the Cowboys are in first place in the NFC East Delano Hill Color Rush Jersey , holding a tiebreaker over 6-5 Washington. But if Dallas loses on Thursday and drops to 6-6, Washington advances back into first place while the Cowboys drop back into the wild card races. Not only would Seattle have a better record by a half-game (6-5) but they have the head-to-head victory advantage over Dallas thanks to a Week 3 win.It’s pretty much as simple as that.The Seahawks host the 2-9 San Francisco 49ers on Sunday, a team they’ve beaten nine straight times, including playoffs. A win would keep them in a playoff position Earl Thomas Color Rush Jersey , while a potential loss by the 6-4-1 Minnesota Vikings against the 8-3 New England Patriots would advance Seattle to the five-seed. I can see the comments already about “don’t care about anyone else, don’t look ahead” and etc. and so on and so forth but this is factually just how sports work. What you do matters. What others do also matters.

#66 12-09-2019 09:20:51

liny195
Membre

Every week Josh Ferguson Jersey , I will present a summary of some basic and advanced stats for the Colts performance relative to the league. Thanks to Pro Football Reference, NFL.com and the nflSCrapR project for being awesome sources of weekly data.Against Jacksonville, the Colts offense went 11 drives without scoring.With the first 5 drives against Houston the story didn’t change. It wasn’t until the second quarter when Andrew Luck and company got it in gear, breaking the 16 drive streak with 4 consecutive scores.And so this hot-cold effort ended up being a lukewarm 72.4% Drive Success Rate on the day.That’s not a bad number, and likely a good enough level of play to get to the post-season. But once there, that won’t win many playoff games. TEAM TOTALSFor the third week in a row, the Colts had trouble converting 3rd downs even with a favorable average 6.9 yards to go.Conversion on other downs made up for it though, as almost 32% of scrimmage plays resulted in a new set of downs, which was 6th best on the week. The tipped interception had a large impact on overall performance as 6.6 yards per play is a big number to only get 2.2 adjusted points per drive.PASSINGLuck shrugged off a poor Jacksonville performance, to put up some outstanding numbers on the week.40% of his passes moved the chains which is pretty unstoppable as long as the team can avoid sacks and turnovers. A 66% completion rate isn’t Luck’s best on the year but with an 8.9 Average Depth of Target it is very good.Completed passes were even farther down the field with 9.7 air yards and the receivers tacking on good yards after the catch (5.1).Other than the dropped passes (and the subsequent interception), the pass game was near flawless.RUSHINGWhile better than last week, the run game still wasn’t good. The best rusher on the day was Luck who provided 2 of the 4 rushing firsts and the only run over 10 yards.Without QB contributions, Marlon Mack and Nyheim Hines could only muster 34 yards and 2.4 Yards Per Carry. CONCLUSIONS & NEXT MATCH-UPThis was a good but unbalanced week. I was happy with the effort considering Houston is a top 10 defense by DVOA, but good play needs to become great play down the stretch. The offense has to improve the run game and bring a more balanced threat if we expect to win in the playoffs. . . and we ARE going to the playoffs.Dallas is strong against the run (wRSR 7th) but not as good against the pass (19th ANY/A against).So while that seems to favor a pass-heavy Colts team, shutting down the run can easily lead to shutting down the pass *cough* Jags *cough*.TRAILING 5 WEEK TOTALS (per game)SEASON TOTALS (per game) Which players are in danger of being the John Simon of this off-season?" NFL GeneralTraining CampColts AnalysisWho could be a Surprise Off-Season Cut for the Colts? New,49commentsWhich players are in danger of being the John Simon of this off-season?EDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Who could be a Surprise Off-Season Cut for the Colts? TwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailPhoto by Andy Lyons/Getty ImagesGoing into 2018, the Colts’ roster wasn’t nearly as strong as it is heading into this season. Even with all the question-marks faced by the team, as they were still in the middle of overhauling Ryan Grigson’s squad, there were still a few surprise off-season cuts. Ryan Delaire was a standout at defensive end for the Colts before being cut in favor of Al-Quadin Muhammad. Daurice Fountain was the team’s 5th round pick in the past draft and he was also cut in favor of journeymen players like Marcus Johnson and Zach Pascal. Then there was the most shocking cut of all in veteran linebacker John Simon. This cut caused an uproar among the fan base, at least on social media, as Simon seemed like one of the key players heading into the season. The doubter were all proved wrong when the Colts went on to have a great year without any of these players on the roster (Fountain did get the call up late but he didn’t really provide an impact). The main point is that every year there are cuts that shock and surprise us and don’t seem like the right move at the time. Some veterans whose spots on the team seem set, or a young player who seems too promising to give up on so early. In either case T.J. Green Color Rush Jersey , the Colts will be making some surprise cuts as the overall talent level on the roster has risen. I decided to ask fans on Twitter who they think those players can be this year. Here are the top players submitted for “surprise cut of the off-season” along with my analysis on why it could/couldn’t happen. <hr class="p-entry-hr" id="XlE9Fl">Jabaal SheardThis is one player that I hear come up a lot in this conversation and I do understand parts of the argument. Sheard is one of the older players on the team and is a free agent after the season. With the addition of Justin Houston, along with three second round draft picks at defensive end in the past two drafts, keeping an older defensive end playing over them does cause some concern. Sheard has also struggled to get his sack numbers up in recent years, and it is hard to justify playing a veteran without great numbers over so many talented youngsters. The biggest reason why I don’t think he gets cut, though, is his impact outside of the stat sheet. He may not be a double digit sack guy every year but he is an elite run defender who is one of the best on the team in hurries and pressures. He is very disruptive and his presence is felt every game. Off the field, he is a pure class act, and is one of the best mentors on the team. Sheard is going to have a greater impact with these young edge rushers as part of this team in 2019 than he would off the team. These factors are why I think there is a very very small chance that Sheard is cut.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="jNrnrW">Clayton GeathersClayton Geathers could certainly be on the way out with all the talent and depth the Colts have at safety. Malik Hooker is a the starting free safety, but outside of him there is 4th round pick Khari Willis, veteran Matthias Farley, and George Odum whom the team holds in very high regard. I would say right now that the team values Odum too high and invested too much in Willis this past draft to see either of them cut.That brings it down to Farley or Geathers for the fourth and (presumably) final safety spot. Farley is more versatile than Geathers, as he can play either safety spot. Geathers is more of the "box safety" type. The Colts also gave Farley a bigger deal in free agency this year despite him coming off of a season-ending injury. If the team does view Farley over Geathers and they are committed to keeping just four safeties on the roster, then I could definitely see Geathers being a surprise cut. <hr class="p-entry-hr" id="h12egc">Chester RogersAnother popular name on this list was Chester Rogers, and it makes sense when you think about it. The Colts added more talent to their receiver core from a year ago. Devin Funchess and Parris Campbell will play large roles for the team. The team also has former 2018 draft picks Daurice Fountain and Deon Cain, reliable players in Zach Pascal and Marcus Johnson, and other young players such as Penny Hart and Steve Ishmael all competing for a few spots at the bottom of the roster.Rogers has a poor reputation with the fan base due to unreliable hands. He had the worst drop percentage among all Colts’ receivers in 2018. One advantage he has over these other players, though, is that he has a great relationship with Andrew Luck and he can serve many roles for the team. I personally doubt the team would cut a player who performed well down the stretch, and who they schemed touches for on many occasions last season. The fan base may be down on Rogers but the organization and Luck seem to be high on him. I think if he even has a decent training camp, he will make this team.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="t7VxC1">Jordan WilkinsThe Colts running back group is a bit crowded right now and Wilkins could definitely be the odd man out. Marlon Mack appears to be the team’s bell cow and Nyheim Hines has a very clear and defined role on the team. The true competition lies in Spencer Ware vs Jordan Wilkins. Ware is a veteran in this league with a known relationship with Chris Ballard, an ability to get the tough yards, and a reputation as a near elite pass protector. All of those factors are so vital for the Colts’ third string running back.Wilkins showed a lot of promise last season as a running back and pass protector. The main issue was the fumbles https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Matthias-Farley-Jersey , as he had three in just 76 touches last year. Running backs rarely last long in the NFL with fumbling problems, no matter the age or draft status. Wilkins appears to be in a dog fight for his roster spot against a savvy veteran in Ware. If he has a poor camp, I could see the young running back end up being a surprise cut. <hr class="p-entry-hr" id="OHTlv9">Nate HairstonOur final player is probably the least surprising. Hairston struggled in 2018 and saw his playing time dwindle as the season progressed. Now, with more talent on the roster at cornerback, he could find himself on the chopping block. Hairston had a very promising rookie season in 2017 but a change in scheme and injuries appear to have slowed his progression down. With the additions of rookies Rock Ya-Sin and Marvell Tell, along with another talented corner in Jalen Collins, competing for those final roster spots, Hairston has to have a great camp to stick on the roster. Luckily that appears to be the case so far as he has been a standout in Minicamp. If he can continue his strong play and have a great pre-season, he could make this roster. If not, the former 5th round pick could end up being one of the surprise cuts. <hr class="p-entry-hr" id="TTmeqk">Final ThoughtsObviously it is very early for these types of predictions, since training camp hasn’t even started yet. We have no idea on so many factors, from how the roster will be constructed, to which players will stand out, to how injuries will affect the final 53 man roster. There are so many unknowns that it is difficult to predict at this stage.That being said, it is interesting to think about. These five players were all locks to make the roster last season. Now? They could all be feasibly cut and it wouldn’t be too much of a surprise. That is just a testament to how quickly Chris Ballard has turned this roster around. Rather than keeping players that the rest of the league wouldn’t want, the Colts could now be cutting players who could even start for other teams. Training camp and pre-season are just around the corner and there are plenty of players and story lines to follow. These five players, though, could be on the bubble. The one thing that we know for sure is that the best 53 players will make the roster, and the competition for the bottom few spots will bring out the best in this team.

#67 12-09-2019 10:19:35

liny195
Membre

The Buccaneers didn’t want to pay veteran defensive tackle Gerald McCoy $13 million in 2019. More importantly Ozzie Newsome Jersey , no one else wanted to trade for McCoy’s contract.And that’s often the impetus for a trade. Yes, the new team wants the player. But the new team also prefers to surrender a draft pick or a player for the contract, in lieu of potentially having to pay even more in an open competition if/when the player is released.The fact that the Bucs couldn’t find a trade partner for McCoy means that no one wanted to give up anything of value for the privilege of getting McCoy at $13 million in compensation this season. Which suggests that McCoy, on the open market, will have a hard time getting to that number.The Browns are the only team that had been linked to McCoy before he was released; if another team had been considering a trade for McCoy, that news surely would have emerged, if for no reason other than to create a real market for McCoy’s services — and ultimately to spark a deal.That’s not to say there aren’t other interested teams, but if it were believed that McCoy would be a guy who commands significant dollars if available in free agency ( Briean Boddy-Calhoun Jersey , more than the $13 million he was due to make in 2019), the Bucs should have been able to trade him, somewhere.Spitballs regarding potentially interested teams already have emerged, likely pushed by the McCoy camp in order to spark a market for his services. Still, the Browns continue to be the only team that had been linked to McCoy. And without a second team to drive up the price, McCoy will have a hard time approaching the money he was due to make in 2019 from Tampa — especially with multiple other veteran defensive linemen still available to be signed.If McCoy somehow matches or surpasses it, the message will be that the Bucs bungled what should have been an ideal situation to trade not just the player but the contract. Chatter regarding a potential trade of Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. returned to the front burner on Thursday, when Jay Glazer made an OBJ trade Glazer’s bold prediction for the offseason.The oddsmakers aren’t significantly persuaded Joe Schobert Color Rush Jersey , so far.Via BetOnline.ag, the Giants are viewed as an even-money favorite to retain Beckman. The 49ers, who consistently have been linked to Beckham via the rumor mill, are next at 4-1. The Dolphins and Raiders are at 7-1. The Steelers sits at 10-1. The Jets are at 12-1, the Bills, Bears, Browns, Cowboys https://www.brownsfanshop.com/Ricardo-Louis-Jersey , and Patriots are at 25-1.Here’s the most important thing to remember about Glazer’s bold prediction, apart from the fact that he’s as plugged in as anyone when it comes to finding out things they don’t want us to know. In writing his mailbag column for , Glazer deliberately picked the question and deliberately crafted the answer.This wasn’t an off-the-cuff, from-the-hip, spontaneous hot take. It was Glazer deciding to respond to a question seeking a bold prediction, and choosing to make what was indeed a very bold prediction.It’s still not a report. But Glazer wouldn’t say it if he didn’t think something was there.

#68 16-09-2019 10:14:47

liny195
Membre

When a big contract is finalized Tom Johnson Color Rush Jersey , plenty of reporters have plenty of details regarding plenty of aspects of the deal. We’ll use some of them as needed, but we usually wait to provide the full details until getting our eyes on the full contract.The reasoning is simple: The deals are too complex, and it’s too easy for mistakes to be made. So we’d rather be the one to make the mistake, than to repeat someone else’s misinterpretation or clerical error.Thus, here’s the full breakdown of the Russell Wilson contract, possibly including misinterpretations and/or clerical errors.1. Signing bonus: $65 million.2. 2019 base salary: $5 million, fully guaranteed.3. 2020 base salary: $18 million, guaranteed for injury at signing and fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2020 waiver period.4. 2021 base salary: $19 million, guaranteed for injury at signing and fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2021 waiver period.5. 2022 roster bonus: $5 million, earned on the fifth day of the 2022 league year in March.6. 2022 base salary: $19 million.7. 2023 roster bonus: $5 million, earned on the fifth day of the 2023 league year in March.8. 2023 base salary: $21 million.That’s it. Simple, clean, clear.The full guarantee of $70 million also matches the first-year payout, with rolling guarantees in 2020 and 2021 that start as injury-only but eventually become full guarantees. Those payments are Rasheem Green Color Rush Jersey , as a practical matter, fully guaranteed, because the only way that the Seahawks can avoid paying the full $107 million is by cutting Wilson prematurely, giving him $70 million for one year or $88 million for two.The compromise (and, yes, there was a compromise) comes in the form of the 2022 and 2023 seasons, which entail a payout of $24 million and $26 million, respectively, amounts that could far below market value given potential spikes in the salary cap coming from a new labor deal, new TV deals, and the expansion of legalized gambling.But Wilson quite possibly will be in line for a new contract in 2023, as he enters the final year of the current contract and approaches franchise-tag numbers that would give him considerable leverage over the team. If the Seahawks redo the deal with one year remaining (as they did for Wilson both in 2015 and five days ago), the final payout on Wilson’s third contract will be four years, $131 million — an average of $32.75 million per year and only $5.17 million less than he would have made by retaining the risk of injury and going year-to-year through 2022. Read!" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteField Gullsa Seattle Seahawks communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsSeahawksOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections VideosCoffee and CigarettesGame AnalysisThe Numbers GameCigar ThoughtsFiled under:Century LinksCentury Links 4/28: Reviewing the Seahawks 2019 DraftNew Will Dissly Color Rush Jersey ,60commentsRead!PDTShareTweetShareShareCentury Links 4/28: Reviewing the Seahawks 2019 DraftPhoto by John Weast/Getty ImagesSign up for the Seaside Joe newsletter!In addition to the great content you'll see on Field Gulls every day, sign up for a daily newsletter to come to your email every morning that will be a short and sweet post, thought, stat, quote, musing by Kenneth or one of his guests that requires little thought or commitment. Just a good way to bring a Seahawks companion to your morning of sippin' joe by the seaside.John Schneider & Pete Carroll Discuss The Seahawks’ Seven Picks On Day 3 Of the 2019 NFL DraftSeahawks coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider’s thoughts on the seven players the Seahawks picked on Day 3 of the of the 2019 draft.Seven Things We Learned From Seahawks Coach Pete Carroll & GM John Schneider Following Day 3 Of The 2019 NFL DraftTakeaways from John Schneider and Pete Carroll’s press conference after the Seahawks wrapped up the 2019 draft by selecting seven more players on Saturday.Seahawks Trade For Seventh-Round Pick, Select Hawaii Receiver John Ursua No. 236 Overall In 2019 NFL DraftThe Seahawks traded a 2020 sixth-round pick to Jacksonville in order to select Hawaii receiver John Ursua in the seventh round.Seahawks Select FSU Defensive Tackle Demarcus Christmas With No. 209 Overall Pick In 2019 NFL DraftWith their 10th pick of the 2019 draft, the Seahawks added Florida State defensive tackle Demarcus Christmas.The 2019 Seahawks draft review « Seahawks Draft BlogLive blog: 2019 NFL draft (rounds 4-7) « Seahawks Draft BlogRussell Wilson coached Seahawks draftee Gary Jennings in YMCA basketball league – ProFootballTalkSeahawks wide receiver Doug Baldwin is considering retirement due to mounting injuries and his departure would leave quarterback Russell Wilson in need of developing a comfort level with other wideouts in a hurry.Seahawks’ selection of 3 wide receivers signals end for Doug BaldwinThe Seahawks selected wide three receivers in the NFL draft for the first time since 1981 -- preparation for life without Doug Baldwin.The Breakdown: A look at all 11 Seahawks 2019 NFL Draft picksThe Seahawks have selected 11 new players in the 2019 NFL Draft, and we have what you need to know about each one plus links to all of the stories 710Sports.com wrote about the picks.2019 NFL Draft: Final quick-snap grades for all 32 teams - NFL.comWith the 2019 NFL Draft in the books, Chad Reuter reveals his final quick-snap grades for all 32 teams. Did the Patriots ace the test yet again? How did the Giants fare with their bounty of picks?ATN Podcast: Winners and losers from 2019 NFL Draft - NFL.comDan Hanzus, Chris Wesseling, Marc Sessler and Gregg Rosenthal recap the the 2019 NFL Draft that was filled with many surprises, including the Dolphins trading for Josh Rosen.Partially blind Kahzin Daniels signing with Buccaneers - NFL.comUniversity of Charleston pass rusher Kahzin Daniels, who is blind in his right eye Michael Dickson Color Rush Jersey , will sign with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Saturday.Undrafted QB Tyree Jackson stays in Buffalo with Bills - NFL.comAfter going undrafted, 6-foot-7 Buffalo quarterback Tyree Jackson has signed as a free agent with the Buffalo Bills, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports.TE Caleb Wilson goes to Cardinals as 'Mr. Irrelevant' - NFL.comUCLA tight end Caleb Wilson is "Mr. Irrelevant," as the Arizona Cardinals selected him with the final pick of the 2019 NFL Draft on Saturday.Josh Rosen congratulates Kyler Murray on No. 1 pick - NFL.comJosh Rosen, via social media, sent a farewell video to the Arizona Cardinals fans, players and staff, while congratulating Kyler Murray and letting Dolphins fans know how excited he was to head to Miami.Ravens select former Penn State QB Trace McSorley - NFL.comThe Baltimore Ravens selected former Penn State signal-caller Trace McSorley with the No. 197 overall pick. McSorley passed for 9,899 yards with 77 touchdowns in college.Eagles select QB Clayton Thorson with No. 167 pick - NFL.comThe Eagles selected quarterback Clayton Thorson with the No. 167 pick. With Carson Wentz still recovering for a season-ending back injury, Thorson could fill-in until Wentz is healthy.Jason Licht: Kicker’s a very important position – ProFootballTalkThe Buccaneers' search for a consistent kicker continued on Saturday when they drafted Matt Gay in the fifth round. It was a move that left Gay "kind of shocked" because he wasn't expecting to be drafted that early and it led many others to reminisce about Tampa trading up to draft Roberto Aguayo...Freddie Kitchens: Duke Johnson asking for a trade doesn’t matter to me – ProFootballTalkAfter Browns running back Duke Johnson asked to be traded, Browns General Manager John Dorsey channeled Tommy Lee Jones and essentially said, I don't care. Browns coach Freddie Kitchens feels the same way.

#69 16-09-2019 10:31:52

liny195
Membre

Why Did Howard Mudd Re-Join The Colts Coaching Staff? | 1070 the FanIn 77-year-old Howard Mudd T.J. Green Color Rush Jersey , the Colts have brought some old school flavor to their coaching staff. Why did Mudd re-join Frank..." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteStampede Bluean Indianapolis Colts communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsColtsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Colts StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Colts NewsYahoo Colts Team PageYahoo Colts ReportYahoo Colts Depth ChartYahoo Colts TransactionsYahoo Colts PhotosShop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Filed under:Stampede Blue Colts LinksColts News: Why did Howard Mudd re-join the Colts coaching staff?New,12commentsEDTShareTweetShareShareColts News: Why did Howard Mudd re-join the Colts coaching staff?Photo by Tom Pidgeon/Getty ImagesWhy Did Howard Mudd Re-Join The Colts Coaching Staff? | 1070 the FanIn 77-year-old Howard Mudd, the Colts have brought some old school flavor to their coaching staff. Why did Mudd re-join Frank Reich in Indianapolis?Secondary Burning Questions Heading Into 2019 Offseason Program | 1070 the FanOur burning question series is back on 1070TheFan.com What are the major questions about the secondary of the Indianapolis Colts in 2019?Colts Mailbag: Breakout Candidates, Run Game Tweaks, Super Bowl ExpectationsIn this week’s Colts Mailbag https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Matthias-Farley-Jersey , readers inquire about who could break out for the team in Year 2 under Frank Reich in 2019, how the team hopes to accomplish being a Top-5 running unit and dealing with added expectations moving forward.Colts 90-Man Roster Going Into Offseason Program | 1070 the FanBefore the 2019 Draft arrives later this month, here’s a look at the Colts’ 90-man roster by positional breakdown.Colts Draft 2019: Exploring Options In Round 2Who are some of the top options for the Indianapolis Colts with their two picks in the second round of the 2019 NFL Draft?All-Paid Team of Tomorrow: Projecting next big NFL contracts - NFL.comWill Russell Wilson become the NFL's highest-paid player? Is a financial windfall in Jalen Ramsey's future? Anthony Holzman-Escareno projects who will earn the big-money contracts of tomorrow.COLTS MEDIA The Indianapolis Colts (6-5) are heading into their Week 13 matchup with the Jacksonville Jaguars (3-8) and the Colts still have some productive pieces of their roster on the sidelines this week. Mo Alie-Cox and Ryan Kelly were previously designated as OUT, but the rest of the inactive list is pretty par for the course.The newest addition to the tight end room, Clive Walford Christine Michael Sr Jersey , Jonathan Williams, Hassan Ridgeway, Le’Raven Clark and Corey Moore will round out the inactives for the Colts today. This is good news for the backfield to some extent as Marlon Mack will indeed be active today. Additionally, Kemoko Turay, Darius Leonard Pat McAfee Color Rush Jersey , Chester Rogers, Erik Swoope and Mike Mitchell — who were all designated as questionable — will also be dressing today which will be a big help on both sides of the ball for the Colts.As for the Jaguars, they had only listed WR D.J. Chark as OUT previous to today, but had seven others with questionable status including CB Jalen Ramsey. Unfortunately, Ramsey will be on the field today to make life a little more difficult for Andrew Luck and the receiving corps. On the other hand https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Jack-Doyle-Jersey , LT Josh Walker will not be on the field which means Ereck Flowers will be starting at the left tackle spot which should open the door for the Colts to increase the pressure on Cody Kessler who’s getting his first start today. This one should be a matchup to watch throughout the day to see how the Colts defense attacks the left side of the Jaguars offensive line.

#70 16-09-2019 11:23:26

liny195
Membre

Kyler Fackrell has gone from zero to hero in a rather short amount of time. Saying the former third round pick left a lot to be desired in his first two seasons would be an understatement.He was either out if position https://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Reggie-White-Jersey , missing tackles or sometimes even both on the same play. It had gotten so bad Fackrell was a popular pick to not even make the 53 man roster this season. Well, thanks to the team really having no other options at edge rusher, Fackrell made the team and lo and behold he’s suddenly the best pass rusher on the team. He’s even performed better than his more highly compensated brethren Clay Matthews and Nick Perry.So what sparked this incredible turnaround? Was it new defensive coordinator Mike Pettine or did everything suddenly click in the second half of Fackrell’s third season?Regardless of how it happened, Packers fans are just glad it has. Had the Packers won Thursday night, it would have been known as “The Kyler Fackrell Game” but he’s actually gotten a lot better as the season has gone on.Can he continue to improve or was this season just a freak occurrence? That more than anything will define Fackrell’s career in Green Bay.You can read more on Fackrell plus how Aaron Rodgers’ divide with Mike McCarthy could seal the coach’s fate in today’s cheese curds.Packers edge rusher Kyler Fackrell changing perceptions while racking up sacks--PackersNews.comFackrell has played so well this year he’s almost assured a roster spot for next season. He’s gone from a punchline to the one throwing the punches and you have to respect him for that. Aaron Rodgers, Mike McCarthy at odds over offense--NFL.comIf a team has a to choose between a world class quarterback (especially the recently extended kind) and a head coach in his 13th year who is wallowing in mediocrity, the quarterback is kept 100% of the time. Barring an incredible finish, the end is near for the Rodgers/McCarthy pairing. Aaron Rodgers’ numbers don’t add up to 4-5-1 Packers’ record--ESPNRodgers’ stat line may look relatively Rodgers-like but his 25th rank completion percentage should be raising some eyebrows. Rodgers admits this is due to many throwaways, meaning no one has been open or Rodgers isn’t seeing the open man. Both have been the case this season but it’s definitely been more of the former than the latter. Tree chosen for 13th annual Festival of Lights, set for Dec. 1--Packers.comIf you’re in the Green Bay area next weekend, make sure to stop by this event especially if you have children. Lambeau Field, already beautiful, is even more so decked out in Christmas lights.Taco Bell celebrates with Thanksgiving sweaters--UPITaco Bell > turkey. Don’t @ me. GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Ty Montgomery left Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Sunday after his crucial fumble during a kickoff return without talking to reporters. He had plenty to say on Monday.The Green Bay Packers running back and kick returner talked more about his uncertain role and anonymous criticism from a teammate than about costing his team a chance to beat the Rams.Montgomery acknowledged what Packers coach Mike McCarthy suggested after the 29-27 loss and again on Monday — that the return unit was told by coaches before the kick to take a touchback if the ball went into the end zone. That would have given quarterback Aaron Rodgers the ball with 2:05 left in the game with one timeout to work with in hopes of taking back the lead.Instead Aaron Rodgers Jersey , Montgomery caught the ball 2 yards deep and decided to bring it out, only to fumble the ball away to the Rams, who ran out the clock for the victory.“I made a split-second decision. (I thought), ‘I don’t know if this is going to land on the goal line, so I’m not going to take a knee on the goal line, at the half-yard line and take a chance at putting the game in the refs’ hands,'” Montgomery said Monday.“Unfortunately, I ended up fumbling the football. I don’t think we’d be having this conversation if I didn’t fumble the football because we know how good our 2-minute offense is,” he added. “But I’ve never been a guy to completely disobey what I’m being told.”McCarthy said Monday that the call to take the touchback was relayed to the return unit in the huddle before the kickoff.“To be at 2:05, that’s exactly what we’re looking for with the ability to stop the clock twice,” McCarthy said. “He made a mistake.”He gave no indication that the Packers are planning to cut Montgomery, who also said he’s unsure of his role on the team with fellow running backs Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams getting more snaps.“I don’t fully understand what my role is right now, what I’m supposed to be doing, how I’m supposed to help this team Randall Cobb Color Rush Jersey ,” Montgomery said.He acknowledged that he’d been directed to take the touchback, saying of special teams coordinator Ron Zook, “He said the same thing he always says: ‘Call the return, if it’s in the end zone, keep it in the end zone.'”The roughly 10-minute Q&A session with Montgomery then segued into a discussion of an NFL.com story in which one anonymous player said Montgomery “threw a fit” when he was taken out of the game on offense on the previous series and that Montgomery “ran it out anyway” because he was upset.Montgomery denied Monday that he threw a “tantrum” and said that he was “very disappointed” that the player criticized him anonymously. Montgomery said that he would like “that one player to come and speak to me.”“It’s very frustrating that the perception in the media now is no one has my back. I’m insubordinate. I’m a cancer, whatever is out there,” Montgomery said, adding that he has gotten threats online.“There’s a lot of stuff that’s not true that’s causing me to have to deal with false accusations about my character, perceptions about my character. I’ve never been one to throw teammates under the bus.“You guys know if you guys ever ask me questions about teammates, I always deflect it. I don’t like it,” he added. “So it’s very disappointing especially as a guy who’s jeopardized the length of his career, the amount of money he can make in his career, in the middle of a season being asked to do multiple things all the time. That’s all I’m going to say about that.”

#71 05-11-2019 08:32:21

liny195
Membre

On the day the Green Bay Packers introduced Matt LaFleur as their new head coach Justin Vogel Jersey , the 39-year-old said he hadn’t yet made any concrete decisions about his assistants. Several holdovers from his predecessor’s staff remained under contract, and LaFleur needed to meet with them before determining what roles he needed to fill with external candidates.LaFleur has made some of those decisions in the time since. Defensive coordinator Mike Pettine will return for 2019. Special-teams coordinator Ron Zook won’t. Neither will Joe Philbin, who served as the team’s offensive coordinator before taking as head coach in December on an interim basis.The Packers hired LaFleur to bring their offense into the modern age, and thus who he chooses as his top offensive assistant will help shape the team’s identity. That makes LaFleur’s choice for offensive coordinator one of the most important decisions he will make during his first year on the job.Unsurprisingly, LaFleur could pursue coaches from his past to fill the role. Landing a right-hand man with shared offensive roots and philosophies could expedite the learning and installation process for his scheme and ease the transition process from the previous regime. Moreover, LaFleur knows several assistants who come from the same mold.Unfortunately for LaFleur and the Packers, none of those coaches appear likely to come available this offseason.Though LaFleur has direct connections to several qualified candidates, none appear likely to come available. San Francisco 49ers run-game coordinator Mike McDaniel has ties with LaFleur from their shared time in Washington. However, according to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, 49ers headman Kyle Shanahan “doesn’t seem inclined” to let McDaniel leave at this time. The Athletic’s Matt Barrows also reports that Shanahan blocked an interview request for McDaniel from the Cardinals.LaFleur also worked with Los Angeles Rams quarterbacks coach Zac Taylor and tight-ends coach Shane Waldron, both highly regarded offensive assistants who seem fit for promotions. But Taylor reportedly will leave to become the head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals once the Rams’ postseason run concludes and, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Tom Silverstein, Sean McVay will not allow his assistants to leave for anything less than a play-calling position.And if LaFleur hoped to bring in his 31-year-old brother Mike to fill the role, he seems out of luck. On Monday, NBC Sports Bay Area’s Matt Maiocco dismissed the prospect a family reunion, reporting that the younger LaFleur will remain in his current role with the 49ers. Even if the younger LaFleur received team approval to interview, his lack of experience (he landed his first NFL job in 2014) makes him a hard sell as an offensive coordinator.With those options apparently off the table, LaFleur’s search will have to pivot towards coaches he doesn’t already know. Yet, that could prove to be a blessing in disguise as candidates from different backgrounds can bring philosophical diversity to the scheme and structure. For proof, LaFleur needs to look no farther than his new divisional rival Matt Nagy, who built a strong offensive staff without relying on familiar faces.Shortly after accepting the Bears’ head-coaching position last year, Nagy tabbed former Oregon Ducks head coach Mark Helfrich as his offensive coordinator. Helfrich didn’t call plays for Nagy, but he brought a different perspective on how to create space on offense and take advantage of speed and size mismatches. Those elements popped up in Chicago’s offenses throughout the 2018 season.Of course Justin McCray Color Rush Jersey , Nagy learned the value of a philosophically diverse staff from his former boss, Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid. Despite ranking as one of the NFL’s oldest coaches, Reid kept his offense on the cutting edge by surrounding himself with young assistants weaned on the spread and tempo-driven schemes prevalent in college football. The Chiefs have continued to improve with each passing year under Reid’s watch, finishing first in scoring this season.At least one of the names under consideration for the Packers’ offensive-coordinator job fits the Helfrich model. Nathaniel Hackett has reportedly received interest from multiple NFC North teams, including Green Bay. Hackett served as the Jacksonville Jaguars’ offensive coordinator and ran an offense that varied significantly from LaFleur’s. He also took the fall for the Jaguars’ offensive struggles this past season, receiving his walking papers from head coach Doug Marrone after a 24-21 loss to the Buffalo Bills.But none of that should stop LaFleur from seriously considering Hackett for his staff. Less than a year has passed since Hackett, armed with only an undermanned receiving corps, a hobbled Leonard Fournette, and Blake Bortles, hung 38 points on the Pittsburgh Steelers in the divisional round and nearly toppled the New England Patriots a week later in the AFC Championship Game. Hackett has proven himself capable of squeezing more out his personnel than many of his contemporaries, and his offensive viewpoint could add new dimensions and features to LaFleur’s offense.In the event Hackett signs on with another team or doesn’t mesh with LaFleur, the Packers have other options worth exploring. Bengals offensive coordinator Bill Lazor lost out to the aforementioned Taylor for the head-coaching vacancy and might not return to the staff for next season. Lazor first made his mark as Chip Kelly’s quarterbacks coach and earned plaudits this past year for scheming around Cincinnati’s porous offensive line. And while he comes from a different coaching tree, Lazor has used a variant of the West Coast offense for the vast majority of his NFL career, something that could hold great appeal for LaFleur.If LaFleur wants someone completely outside the NFL orbit, he could interview former Houston Cougars head coach Major Applewhite. Applewhite runs a high-octane, spread offense developed over more than a decade. He won most of his games as a head coach but fell short of the expectations university president Renu Khator and boosters had for the program. Applewhite also engaged in a public spat with star defensive tackle and future NFL first-round pick Ed Oliver. Even so, Houston’s offense improved every year under Applewhite’s guidance. The Cougars ranked 69th out of 128 teams in offensive S&P+ during his first season as head coach. They improved to 37th and then 15th over the next two years.Hackett, Lazor, and Applewhite each offer valuable insight for constructing an offensive scheme, and other coaches could bring their own spin as well. Though LaFleur certainly has a vision for how his offense should look, Nagy has demonstrated how alternative viewpoints can keep the attack fresh without losing its cores principles, a concept that should intrigue to the Packers’ new headman. After all, his former boss proudly admits to stealing ideas from other successful coaches. It only makes sense that LaFleur borrows something from the reigning division champion. Good news https://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Marwin-Evans-Jersey , Matt LaFleur, you’re head coach of the Packers. Bad news, Matt LaFleur . . . you know where this is going by now, right?LaFleur takes over an iconic franchise, but the franchise requires some fixing. That fix will have to happen on the fly, because — as quarterback Aaron Rodgers said in remarks that may be scrutinized a bit more carefully in light of his reputation for passive aggression — there’s no grace period, no redshirt year.So did LaFleur know what he was getting into when he agreed to succeed Mike McCarthy as coach of the Packers? Here’s Jay Glazer’s explanation, from his latest item for TheAthletic.com:“I know he knew some of what was going on, he knew a lot of the drama going into that interview, but now to get thrust into the middle of this as a young head coach? I always tell these new head coaches to be careful what you wish for. This job is less about X’s and O’s and more about making sure 53 separate corporations all get along and are on the same page, and those corporations have a lot of messed-up people in the subdivisions. To be great, you have to be crazy. To be on this level, you’ve got to be crazy. There’s a lot of craziness inside a football building, and the head coach has to blend all that craziness together. It’s hard enough without all this drama.”Glazer is right, and LaFleur’s first challenge will be to get everyone on the same page, to manage the various personalities, and to strike the right balance between having a positive relationship with Rodgers and not being deferential to him.Thus, regardless of whether CEO Mark Murphy said it to Rodgers, at some point LaFleur needs to be ready to say it, loud and clear if necessary: Don’t be the problem.

#72 05-11-2019 08:41:30

liny195
Membre

The two coaches who feuded during the first episode of last year’s are still feuding Cleveland Browns T-Shirts , over .As the Raiders prepare for the debut of this year’s version of the NFL’s annual training-camp reality show, former Browns coach Hue Jackson and former Browns offensive coordinator Todd Haley have provided quotes to Don Banks of the that demonstrate how sharply they disagreed about the team’s involvement in the program.“When [G.M.] John [Dorsey] told me they were doing [the show], I was like, ‘You’ve got to be kidding me,'” Haley told Banks. “We’re trying to make a drastic change here and turn things around, and this is the wrong thing to happen. I told the Browns owner, ‘Jimmy, this is a mistake. Don’t do it.’ The No. 1 thing in camp is getting the team ready to be able to compete.”But Jimmy Haslam didn’t pull the plug; indeed, by the time Haley had a chance to chime in, it likely was too late. Especially since Jackson seemed to be all in with the idea of seizing the platform that provides.“He’d come up to me at practice and say, ‘Wait ’til you see ‘ https://www.brownsfanshop.com/hats ,'” Haley said regarding Jackson. “He was like, ‘Wait ’til you see what’s on this week.’ I was like, ‘What are you talking about? You’re spending time watching that instead of figuring out how to get the team to win?’ He reveled in it.”Haley reveled in pushing back against Jackson, and that should have surprised no one from the moment Haley was hired. Haley had taken a team to the playoffs. Jackson during two years with the Browns had won one of 32 games.Their differences played out in dramatic fashion during a debut-episode back-and-forth in a coaches’ meeting regarding whether to give veteran players rest during training camp. Haley pushed Jackson to not fear veterans getting injured. Jackson eventually played the Al Haig card, reminding Haley that Jackson is driving the bus, not Haley.Jackson actually thought that authorizing the inclusion of the scene would make him look good and Haley look bad.“I had no idea why that scene with me and Todd would hurt,” Jackson said. “I mean, other than he wanted to push his thought process on the head coach. I would think people would have thought, ‘Wait a minute, this dude needs to shut up.’ You would think it was like insubordination.”Jackson blames the perception on the fact that people viewed him not as a head coach, but as a head coach with a 1-31 record in Cleveland.“You’re talking about a coach who had lost Cleveland Browns Hoodie , but at the end of the day I was still head coach of the football team, and nobody wanted me to act like the head coach of the football team,” Jackson told Banks. “Because maybe he shouldn’t be because he lost so many games. Had the record been different, people would have felt different about what I felt at the time. But what everyone saw was a 1-31 coach. So the head coach was supposed to let the assistant do whatever he wants to do? Then why is he the head coach?”Frankly, plenty of people were wondering why Jackson was still the head coach after chasing a 1-15 record with 0-16. But Jackson, with all the self-awareness of Michael Scott, failed to realize how his abysmal record was received externally, and assumed that the title meant the same as applied to him in 2018 as it would have meant to any other head coach. He found out the hard way, via, that this simply isn’t the case.Jackson’s current successor, Freddie Kitchens https://www.brownsfanshop.com/James-Burgess-Jersey , was in the room for the exchange. Indeed, Kitchens (then the running backs coach) lit the fuse in that fateful meeting. But Kitchens told Banks that the new Browns coach would do the show again, with one significant caveat.“If I was the head coach, the cameras wouldn’t be in the staff meeting,” Kitchens said. “The media took that interaction and turned that into a problem. They’re looking for anything. And let me tell you something, they’re going to look for anything with Oakland.”Kitchens is both right and wrong. The media is always looking for something. In the case of Jackson vs. Haley, the media found something. And that something was handed to them by Jackson, who foolishly thought that the inclusion of the exchange would help him. Instead, it became the first public domino in a chain that got both Jackson and Haley fired before Halloween. More of the latest Browns news and notes from around the web in today’s dose of the Daily Dawg Chow." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesDawgs EDTCleveland Browns:“NFL’s second-oldest player decides to retire after 20 seasons, ranks 11th on the all-time scoring list” (CBS) - “After playing for three teams over a career that spanned 20 seasons, former NFL kicker Phil Dawson has decided to retire.”“Todd Monken says WR Antonio Callaway showed up for training camp out of shape” (C-T) - “Receiver Antonio Callaway said in minicamp in June he was finally taking the offseason “serious.” Apparently Jim Brown Color Rush Jersey , he spoke too soon.”“Cleveland Browns offensive line: The battle at right guard has no end in sight” (cleveland.com) - “You can see the look the players get on their faces. The body language changes, the atmosphere lifts, and the entire offense is raised.”“Steve Wilks impressed with performances of top defensive rookies” (Browns.com) - “Wilks wanted to test Williams’ ability against the Browns’ top receivers to see how he may fare in a starting role. So far, the former LSU cornerback has passed with ease.”NFL:“Pro Bowl center Ryan Kalil unretires to join Jets” (ESPN) - “The New York Jets addressed a perceived weakness on their offensive line, agreeing to terms with former Carolina Panthers center Ryan Kalil, the team announced Thursday.”“Ben Roethlisberger enjoying camp a little more this year” (PFT) - “Roethlisberger told reporters on Thursday that he’s been enjoying the first weeks of camp when asked if he’s been having a fun summer.”“Falcons GM wants to make Julio highest-paid receiver” (NFL.com) - “Michael Thomas became the highest-paid receiver in the league on Wednesday, but how long will the New Orleans Saints receiver hold the mantle?”“Pass Interference Was Challenged, and the World Kept Turning” (MMQB) - “It felt important enough that the broadcast cut away from a nostalgic interview with Ed Reed about his sterling career to go to the field for an official explanation.”

#73 03-12-2019 07:28:21

liny195
Membre

The Seattle Seahawks trotted out Sebastian Janikowski for a 57-yard field goal on the stroke of halftime Delano Hill Color Rush Jersey , with the team down 10-6 to the Dallas Cowboys in the 2019 NFL Playoffs wild card round. Seabass hooked his kick wide right, which isn’t all that awful given his age and the difficulty for any kicker to make a 57-yarder.The problem? Janikowski hurt his hamstring trying to boot what would’ve been the longest made field goal in Seahawks playoff franchise history. That obviously means that first-team All-Pro rookie punter Michael Dickson would be the backup to kick field goals, extra points, and kickoffs. We’ve seen him drop kick kickoffs before but never actually attempt a field goal or extra point. He was seen warming up during halftime with Russell Wilson as the holder.Janikowski officially has a left hamstring injury and his return is questionable. This is certainly not ideal with points at a premium. SEATTLE (AP) — Welcome to being an NFL head coach, Zac Taylor.The newest member of the NFL’s under-40 coaching fraternity will make his debut on Sunday as the head man in Cincinnati in perhaps the most challenging circumstances possible.Taylor and the Bengals will open in Seattle, facing a Seahawks team expected to be a contender in the NFC with the new highest-paid player in the NFL in quarterback Russell Wilson, the highest-paid inside linebacker in the league in All-Pro Bobby Wagner and a brand new shiny toy to unveil after the acquisition of pass rusher Jadeveon Clowney.Article continues below ...With the challenge ahead, Taylor hasn’t taken much time to think about the context of his first game as a head coach.“You don’t allow yourself to think about it, to be quite honest,” Taylor said. “There’s so many other things on my mind this week. … Right now, that’s too hard to think about.”Taylor is taking the reins after 16 seasons where Marvin Lewis was in charge in Cincinnati. While Lewis was mostly successful with the Bengals, he could never break the stigma of going winless in seven playoff appearances during his tenure.Seattle would be a prime example of what Taylor would like to see the Bengals become.Last year was supposed to be a rebuild for the Seahawks as the stars of their championship-contending teams from earlier in the decade cycled out of Seattle and new, younger options took over.But Pete Carroll’s crew proved ahead of the curve and thanks to a recommitment to being a run-first offense Earl Thomas Color Rush Jersey , the Seahawks won 10 games and earned a wild-card berth in the NFC.There were already expectations for Seattle to be in the playoff hunt in the NFC this season, especially after locking up Wagner and Wilson to long-term extensions. Answering their biggest lingering concern heading into the regular season by acquiring Clowney has amplified the hopes of how good Seattle could end up being.“It’s going to be pretty exciting football,” Wagner said. “The offense has a lot of weapons. Our line is great, (Russell) is great, our running backs are great, receivers are great, D-line is amazing, and our linebackers are pretty good too. I’m really excited to see all of that come together.”Here’s what else to watch as the Bengals and Seahawks open the season.HOLD THE LINECincinnati’s offensive line has been a problem the past few years, and it’s in precarious shape heading into the opener. The Bengals drafted rookie left tackle Jonah Williams in the first round, but he’s out indefinitely with a severe shoulder injury. Left guard Clint Boling retired before the start of camp because of a blood clot. Left tackle Cordy Glenn was in concussion protocol this week, leaving Andre Smith in line to play against Seattle. The line had penalties and miscommunications during preseason and can’t afford that to continue in Seattle.“When you’re playing in noise, you just have to have great communication,” quarterback Andy Dalton said. “We know it’s going to be loud J.R. Sweezy Color Rush Jersey , the first game of the year and Seattle’s already a loud place. We can’t have the mistakes, we can’t be jumping offside, we can’t do the stuff that will set you back.”SET THEM LOOSEClowney had 18½ sacks the past two seasons combined and is an immediate upgrade for Seattle’s defensive line after trading Frank Clark to Kansas City in the offseason. But he’s not the only pass rushing defensive end set to make his Seattle debut. Ziggy Ansah only returned to practice a week ago, but is set to play against the Bengals. If fully healthy, the Ansah and Clowney partnership could end up being among the best pass rushing duos in the league.“It’s going to take us a while to get to our best. We are just so new, brand new guys,” Carroll said. “We’ll see how it goes. Our expectations will be really high as we move forward.”WHAT’S IN STORE?Taylor played his regulars sparingly during the preseason and went with simple schemes, so the Seahawks aren’t quite sure what they’ll be getting from Cincinnati’s new offensive and defensive systems and coordinators. Taylor will call the offensive plays in addition to his head coaching duties. Running back Giovani Bernard is excited to finally show the Bengals’ new look.“We definitely held back plenty,” Bernard said. “We’re just really excited for this week. It’s an opportunity for us to show everyone what we can do.”RUNAWAY TRAINLast year the Seahawks had the top rushing offense in the NFL, averaging 160 yards per game and only a little bit of contribution from Wilson.Expect more of the same from Chris Carson and the rest of Seattle’s running backs.Carson rushed for 1,151 yards in the regular season last year and the Seahawks are expecting much of the same this year. But there is hope that Carson won’t be alone in carrying the load. Look for Rashaad Penny and C.J. Prosise to get additional carries to balance out the work.PERFECT MARKThe Bengals will be trying to accomplish something that hasn’t been done since Carroll arrived in 2010. Over the previous nine seasons, Seattle is 14-0 in home games in September. One stat on Cincinnati’s side: Dalton is 2-0 in his career against Seattle.

#74 03-12-2019 07:51:10

liny195
Membre

The Indianapolis Colts have quickly become one of the NFL’s hottest teams over the past couple months. They now find themselves in the thick of the AFC playoff hunt https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Johnny-Unitas-Jersey , but they’ll first have to prove that they can take care of a team that they absolutely should handle at home.As they head into their Week 16 matchup with the New York Giants, the Colts are a bit nicked up yet again. Safety Clayton Geathers and linebacker Anthony Walker — two defenders who’ve been large parts of their recent success — were already listed as OUT with knee, and shoulder issues respectively.Aside from these two, Mark Glowinski will again sit as well as a result of his ankle injury Jacoby Brissett Jersey , however, T.Y. Hilton will be active today after being listed as questionable and only participating in Friday’s practice as a limited participant.Additionally, with Zach Pascal and Dontrelle Inman have recovered enough to remain in the lineup which will keep rookie WR Daurice Fountain inactive after being brought up to the active roster in recent weeks. As for the Giants, they’ve got some real injury issues as well. They enter Week 16 with four being previously listed as OUT including Odell Beckham Jr. and Alec Ogletree. In terms of the game Reggie Wayne Color Rush Jersey , this is good news for the Colts as they hope to take care of business, and find a way to earn themselves a WIld Card berth. One less weapon for a declining Eli Manning is a good thing, but the Colts will have to find a way to limit Saquon Barkley with a big piece of the middle of their defense on the shelf. The Raiders played their first two games at home, but it is going to be some time before they play their next game in Oakland.They’ll be in Minnesota Sunday and Indianapolis in Week Four before heading to London for a “home” game against the Bears. A bye week follows and then they’ll be on to games in Green Bay and Houston before finally playing another game in Oakland on November 3.It was a scheduling quirk that the league’s vice president of broadcasting Michael North said he regretted when the slate was announced in April and it is one that still rankles Raiders head coach Jon Gruden.“We are still trying to understand how that happened https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Rigoberto-Sanchez-Jersey , but we are going to have to deal with it,” Gruden said, via NBCSportsBayArea.com. “We just have to showcase our mental toughness and deal with it. It’s uncommon, maybe unprecedented Marlon Mack Jersey , maybe unrealistic that this should ever happen in pro football. I’m not excited about it, but we’ll adapt and do it the best we can.”Uncommon though it may be, the Raiders are not alone in having that kind of gap between games in their home stadium. The Buccaneers have the same stretch this season and their coach Bruce Arians wasn’t any happier about it than Gruden.

#75 03-12-2019 08:19:25

liny195
Membre

Forget letter grades. How much will the first four picks contribute in 2019?" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesAcme Packing Company homepageHorizontal - WhiteAcme Packing Companya Green Bay Packers communityFollow Acme Packing Company online:Follow Acme Packing Company on TwitterFollow Acme Packing Company on FacebookFollow Acme Packing Company on InstagramLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchAcme Packing Company main menuFanpostsFanshotsSectionsPackersOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections The APC PodcastPackers Film RoomFantasy Football AdviceCDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Packers found ways to improve their roster immediately on first two days of 2019 DraftTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailPhoto by Andy Lyons/Getty ImagesIf you’re coming here for draft grades http://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Jace-S … ger-Jersey , you’re in the wrong place. There are thousands of “instant reaction” draft grade articles all over the internet. The truth is it’s impossible to properly grade a team’s draft class for at least two seasons, let alone one that is still in progress or just days old.Instead what we hope to accomplish here is to look at each of the Green Bay Packers’ picks from the first three rounds, where immediate starters are most commonly found, and ask the simple question “Are the Packers better with this player on the roster or not?”Obviously general manager Brian Gutekunst and the Packers’ front office think they are otherwise they wouldn’t have selected the players.That’s not the intention here. The intention here is to see if the Packers are immediately better or if these rookies will be more projects that could be more beneficial to the team in the long haul instead of the short term.Let’s start by looking at Green Bay’s two first-round selections.LB Rashan Gary, Michigan (First Round, 12th overall)The Packers had their choice of a few top pass rushers and instead went with a dark horse, if Gary could even be considered that. Upgrading the pass rush was clearly priority one for Gutekunst this offseason as he signed two pass rushers via free agency in Za’Darius Smith and Preston Smith and then used the team’s first pick to add yet another linebacker.On paper, Gray is a specimen of an athlete (sub-4.60 40-yard dash weighing 277 pounds) which is a theme you’ll notice in players Gutekunst seems to treasure in both the draft and free agency. However his production in college (3.5 sacks in 2018, down from 5.5 in 2017) didn’t reflect his physical traits and this last season had a lot to do with a nagging labrum injury.Both the Packers and Gary insist no surgery will be needed, but you can’t blame fans for being wary of Green Bay potentially having yet another injury-riddles linebacker after the team just parted ways with Nick Perry and Clay Matthews.The selection of Gary seems to be a ceiling pick, meaning the Packers are banking on defensive coordinator Mike Pettine to develop his technique and harness those freak athletic skills. This is well and fine for a prospect, but not usually one taken in the top 15 overall.Does he make the Packers better in 2019? Neutral. He may not contribute much immediately, but Gary could be a potential late-season riser.S Darnell Savage, Maryland (First round, 21st overall)Like the pass rush, the safety position was another area of need Gutekunst had to address and he started to do that in free agency by signing Adrian Amos away from the rival Chicago Bears. However safety play was so bad for the Packers last season that they traded up from 30th to 21st overall to draft another one.Green Bay got their hard hitting safety in Amos, and in Savage they hope they get a player similar to Amos’ former teammate and fellow safety Eddie Jackson.Ironically, the team used the pick they received from Washington in exchange for Ha Ha Clinton-Dix at the trade deadline last season to move up to pick Savage. Keeping with the Jackson comparison, Savage is slightly shorter at 5’11” versus Jackson’s 6’0” and weighs in at 198 pounds versus 202 for the Bears’ safety. Savage would be playing the center fielder role in Green Bay’s defense and given the struggles of Josh Jones and the overall lack of depth at the position, the rookie will have the opportunity to start right away.He has the speed (4.36 40-yard dash time) to close in coverage and also can be a ball hawk when needed (four interceptions and two pass breakups). Does he make the Packers better in 2019? Yes. This is almost a given considering the condition of the safety depth chart aside from Amos, but Savage provides enough athletic skill and football intelligence that he immediately improves the position before he even takes a snap. G Elgton Jenkins Elgton Jenkins Jersey , Mississippi State (Second round, 44th overall)With defense addressed on the first day of the draft, the Packers’ attention turned to the offensive side of the ball on Friday. Green Bay of course has a ton of money invested in quarterback Aaron Rodgers and keeping him upright (and therefore healthy) is a top priority. That meant finding an additional guard despite the signing of Billy Turner in free agency or selecting a tackle as the heir apparent to Bryan Bulaga.Gutekunst chose the former and chose Jenkins, who was versatile at Mississippi State. He spent his time at center during his final two seasons but played all five positions at one point or another during his college career. The Packers obviously don’t need a center with the reliable Corey Linsley still on board, but with head coach Matt LaFleur installing a more true zone blocking scheme on offense the Packers will need swing players like Jenkins. He’s not the most exciting selection, but he’s good enough at everything that he could push Turner immediately for a starting job at guard.Does he make the Packers better in 2019? Yes. While fans will be wary of any second round offensive lineman thanks to the disappointment of Jason Spriggs, this selection not only gives Green Bay immediate depth but also could give them a guard of the future should Turner not work out or if he ends up being the long-term right tackle instead.TE Jace Sternberger, Texas A&M (third round, 75th overall)With their final selection on the draft’s second day, the Packers gave Rodgers a receiving tight end who could be the long term replacement for Jimmy Graham.Sternberger isn’t a blocking tight end, at least for now. That is something he will likely have to learn in LaFleur’s offense, but he is an efficient route runner and can reliably catch the ball, which would be an improvement over the third-round pick of the Packers’ who was a field-stretching tight end.While he isn’t the size of Rob Gronkowski (he’s a couple inches shorter and just under 20 pounds lighter), there are similarities in their playing style and getting Rodgers his own version of Gronk late in his career would be beneficial to an offense looking to forge a new identity under LaFleur. Does he make the Packers better in 2019? Yes. Graham will start the season as the primary move tight end and Marcedes Lewis will get work as a blocker, but if Sternberger does well in camp and the preseason you could see two tight end sets during the regular season with one in line and the other out wide. Add Davante Adams and a speedster like Marquez Valdes-Scantling to the formation and you could have a very potent attack.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="0p8cqf">So, did the Packers get better in 2019 after the the first three rounds of the draft? Absolutely. The selection of Gary remains a bit of head scratcher, as that seems awfully high for a ceiling pick. However, the Packers seemed satisfied about the condition his labrum so fans will just have to trust the team, which has one of the more cautious medical staffs in the league, (no matter what a disgruntled former tight end will tell you).Day three of the draft has been spent acquiring depth and long-term projects.Diamonds in the rough can be found here, however http://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Darnel … Jr.-Jersey , and it will be up to the coaching staff to develop those hidden gems once they are on the roster.The draft has been called the “ultimate crapshoot” and the best teams minimize the risk. That’s why draft grades in the immediate aftermath are useless. You have to see the players not only play at NFL speed but also give them a chance to grow. Judging by the first four picks of the Packers’ draft, there is immediate talent there but also room for growth. Gutekunst got some quality ingredients early. Now it’s time for LaFleur and the coaching staff to cook a gourmet meal. The group had a league-mandated week off over the past few days due to the team’s scheduling of rookie minicamp." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteAcme Packing Companya Green Bay Packers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsPackersOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections The APC PodcastPackers Film RoomFantasy Football Advice& OTAsThe group had a league-mandated week off over the past few days due to the team’s scheduling of rookie minicamp.CDTShareTweetShareSharePackers’ rookies will return next week for offseason workout program & OTAsThomas J. Russo-USA TODAY SportsThe Green Bay Packers’ rookie class got a few days off this week. For perhaps the first time since last summer, the team’s eight draft picks and twelve undrafted rookies got some down time following the conclusion of rookie minicamp on Saturday afternoon.The draft process is a brutal period for these players. Immediately following the end of their final college football seasons, most draft-eligible individuals dive immediately into workouts to prepare for drills that they will run at the NFL Combine and/or at their school’s Pro Day. That is effectively a full-time job, as is flying around the country for interviews and continuing to train between Pro Day and the draft itself.Once the draft concluded, players made their way to Green Bay for rookie minicamp shortly thereafter, with most of them signing contracts and all taking part in their first two practices as NFL players.However, because the Packers held their rookie minicamp last week — the earlier option out of two weekends that were available — that meant that the first-year players have to stay away from the team facilities until other team’s rookie camps conclude. With that window closing on Sunday, May 12th, the Packers will have their full 90-man roster together for the first time on the following Monday.Based on the team’s published schedule, they will have one week of conditioning and workouts before beginning Organized Team Activities on Monday, May 20th. At that point, the team has three weeks of OTA practices before mandatory minicamp takes place the week of June 10th. The conclusion of minicamp will then put an end to the offseason program, and players will be left to their own devices for almost six weeks before returning to Green Bay for the start of training camp on July 25th.For this rookie class, though, the past week must have been a nice, brief respite from the hectic schedules they have faced over the past few months. That summer break will be a relief as well, but hopefully the team’s full roster will finally be together a bit recharged, excited, and ready to get to work on Monday.