La rivière et l’énergie

Choisissez votre thème et participez au dialogue.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#26 10-11-2017 03:11:53

aliciahuang
Membre

Re: GAZ DE SCHISTE OU GRISOU?

Buccaneers desperately need more from Jameis Winston to save season vs. Saints

The Buccaneers are not 2-5 just because of Jameis Winston. They're also 2-5 because their defense is the third-worst defense in football by DVOA and they're incapable of making a field goal. But the Buccaneers need more from their quarterback if they're going to overcome their horrific start and live up to the playoff expectations that came attached to them entering the season.

You don't take a quarterback No. 1 overall -- over another potential franchise-altering quarterback like Marcus Mariota -- so he can simply be a part of a successful or disappointing team, to lift his team above their true talent level. Maybe those are unfair expectations, along for the ride, up and down with the rest of the team. You draft a quarterback No. 1 overall to mask your other flaws, so that constructing a Super Bowl roster becomes a heck of a lot easier. A franchise-saving quarterback is supposed to overcome roster flaws, to make his teammates better, but those are the expectations of the league that Winston is living in.

The Buccaneers need more from Winston. And they need it now.

On Sunday, have been outscored by 20 points this season, the Buccaneers will face the 5-2 Saints in New Orleans. A loss will likely KO the Buccaneers' season. And a loss is likely. The Saints are winners of five straight. They boast a plus-46 point differential -- the fifth-highest in football -- and are ranked fifth in overall DVOA. The Buccaneers, meanwhile, are losers of four straight, and are 24th in overall DVOA.

First, it's important to acknowledge that Winston has been dealing with an injury to his throwing shoulder (an AC joint sprain) since Oct. 15. He's played through the injury twice now and both games have resulted in losses.

In his first game after the injury, he faced a tough Bills defense and went 32 of 44 for 384 yards, three touchdowns, one pick, and a 112.3 passer rating. He didn't seem to be severely impacted by the injury. All three of his touchdowns came in the second half. And the loss was sealed when the defense blew a late lead.

In the second game against the Panthers,Authentic Matt Paradis Jersey, and a 49.2 passer rating. He was a significant part of the problem in that loss. Winston has always been wildly inconsistent, Winston completed 21 of 38 passes for 210 yards, no touchdowns,Authentic Shelby Harris Jersey, two interceptions, alternating great performances with absolute duds. Sunday was no exception.

Throughout the past two weeks, he's clearly affected in some way by the injury. That's important. It doesn't mean Winston gets a free pass for how he's played this season, Winston has been sitting out of practice until Friday. So,Authentic Shaquil Barrett Jersey, it just means we shouldn't forget about the injury. It means it might be more difficult for him to engineer a turnaround in the next two months.

But the Buccaneers need him to overcome the injury.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiverMike Evans' one-game suspension for drilling New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore in the back on Sunday has been upheld by appeals officer James Thrash, the league announced Tuesday.

"I want to sincerely apologize for my actions during Sunday's game," Evans said in a statement Tuesday. "I saw my quarterback getting shoved and I let my emotions get the better of me. My response was not appropriate and not a true indication of who I am as a player and a person. I take pride in playing the game the right way and I realize it was unprofessional and hurt my team."

Evans will miss Sunday's game against the New York Jets and will be eligible to return to the Buccaneers' active roster on Nov. 13. With a base salary for 2017 of $690, Evans' one-game suspension this week will cost him $40,Authentic Ronald Leary Jersey,000,588.23 in lost wages.

Evans was flagged 15 yards for running across the field and drilling Lattimore in the back, then pouncing on Lattimore when he hit the ground. A Saints player then tackled Evans to get him off Lattimore.

The dustup started when Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston -- who was not playing at the time -- pushed Lattimore in the back of his helmet while appearing to suggest that he go back to his own sideline. Lattimore turned around and shoved Winston in the chest. Then Evans flew in for the tackle.

Before the suspension was announced Monday, Buccaneers coach Dirk Koetter called the actions of Evans and Winston "totally unacceptable."

"Totally, whatever you want to call it at all on the field -- that's inexcusable,Womens Domata Peko Jersey, totally unacceptable behavior, first by Jameis and then by Mike. Jameis cannot, come off the sideline when he's not even playing in the game. And trash talking is trash talking, but to go out and tap another player, under any circumstances, touch another player," Koetter said.

"The Saints player responded and then Mike responded. That's not acceptable either. That's not having your teammates' back. That's just wrong."

Evans leads the Buccaneers in receptions (40), targets (72) and receiving yards (532), and his four touchdown receptions are tied with Cameron Brate for the team lead this season.

It's not clear yet if Claiborne will be able to return this week. He has missed one game so far. The Jets did have extra rest after their last game, a win Thursday over the Bills.

Forte is experiencing swelling in the same knee that required arthroscopic surgery in January, which is a potential concern.

Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan said Wednesday that Wilkerson's toe/foot injury is a broken toe. The Jets hadn't previously specified. Wilkerson has a shoulder sprain, too.

This is the same abdomen injury for Winters as earlier in the season, when he missed the Week 3 game against Miami.

Hackenberg bruised his right finger, according to coach Todd Bowles. Hackenberg will undergo further tests on the finger, apparently in Wednesday's practice, Bowles said. Hackenberg is the Jets' third-string quarterback.

Bowles said Stinson, should be back at practice later this week, whom the Jets re-signed Tuesday, and available to play at the Buccaneers.

Jameis Winston has apologized for his role in a sideline fight involving Buccaneers teammate Mike Evans and Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore.

The Tampa Bay quarterback said he needs to control his emotions in the heat of the moment and can't attack opponents.

"I just want to apologize on behalf of my teammates and Mike Evans for the incident that happened in the Saints game. That's something I can't do in the heat of the moment,"

"My competitive nature (took over). Obviously I can't come off the field and make any gesture towards an opponent, let alone touch them. I can't do that, so I apologize for that."

Winston said he understood where coach Dirk Koetter was coming from when he said after the game that Winston and Evans should have been ejected. Neither was, but Evans was hit with a one-game fine for hitting Lattimore in the back.

Winston also said he expected to be fined for his role, which saw him instigating the fight and shouting at Lattimore.

As for Winston's shoulder injury, he said he has seen orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews to determine the nature of his sprained shoulder. He said the doctors are discussing what would be best for Winston over the long haul, but that he will sit out a couple of weeks and try to rehab the shoulder.

It took a while for Ryan Fitzpatrick to get over what happened to him and the New York Jets last season.

High expectations with big-time playoff hopes fizzled with each ugly loss, and the veteran quarterback's shaky play was a major reason for a 5-11 finish.

He was benched twice during the season and sent packing when it was over — just a few months after getting a one-year, $12 million deal — becoming a free agent when his contract voided in February . Womens Shaquil Barrett Jersey,The whirlwind of events had Fitzpatrick contemplating retirement over the winter.

"It was a tough situation for me," Fitzpatrick said during a conference call Wednesday with Jets beat reporters. "I've dealt with a lot of adversity in my career,Womens Matt Paradis Jersey, but more so than anything, I think it was the disappointment. Just the disappointment in me not being able to perform and lead the team to more wins. As a team, not being able to live up to the expectations that were put in front of us and a lot of that falling on me."

Fitzpatrick took a few weeks during the winter to consider his options, leaning heavily on his family to help him decide on his next step.

In May,Womens Menelik Watson Jersey, $3 million deal with the Buccaneers to back up Jameis Winston, he signed a one-year, just two years after setting the Jets' franchise record with 31 touchdown passes and being within a win of making the postseason for the first time in his career.

"It was an interesting two years there with 2015 being a year where I had so much fun playing,Womens Ronald Leary Jersey, and 2016 being the toughest year in my career, just in terms of my performance and not meeting the expectations, both personally and as a team," Fitzpatrick said.

"I had to step away and think about it for a little bit. You make decisions for all kinds of different reasons,Authentic Domata Peko Jersey, but one of the driving factors for me was I still enjoy playing. My boys are at the age where they can really understand it and get it, so that definitely played into it a little bit as well."

Now, as fate would have it,Authentic Menelik Watson Jersey, Fitzpatrick will start for the first time with the Buccaneers while facing the Jets on Sunday in Tampa Bay.

"It's something I've had to do in my career plenty of times in going up against former teams, especially in the last five or six years," he said. Womens Shelby Harris Jersey,"It seems like, that's been a standard theme.

"They always tend to show up on the opponents list, just being there for two years and just being competitive with a lot of those guys, but it probably means a little bit extra to me, having a lot of good friends that are still on the team."

Winston will miss at least two weeks with a shoulder injury. The 34-year-old Fitzpatrick replaced him in the second half of the Buccaneers' 30-10 loss to New Orleans last Sunday .

"I think it's ironic that I move on to another team and the first start that I'm going to have is against the Jets, but I'm excited for the opportunity," he said.

"I know there's the stuff with me, but more than anything just trying to do my best for this team. We're sitting at 2-6 and disappointed with how this season has gone so far, obviously being there the last two years, so I'm just trying to fill in and find a way to get us a win."

#27 22-12-2017 07:15:22

aliciahuang
Membre

Earl Thomas contradicts Bobby Wagner on reconciliation

With Wagner attempting to clear the air on Wednesday during his weekly press conference, the safety seemingly reverted the unpleasantness back to its previous state and directly contradicted what Wagner claims occurred between the two. The issue stems from Thomas criticizing Wagner for playing through injury vs the Rams on Sunday, Wagner took to Twitter to criticize Thomas for speaking on him, instead of letting a healthier backup take his place. After hearing that critique, called him jealous but ended by saying he hopes his teammate still balls.

On Wednesday, Wagner claimed the two ironed it out and yet when Thomas spoke to the media, he said no such conversation occurred and doesn't believe one needs to take place. In fact, he didn't sound very warm towards his fellow Pro Bowl teammate at all.

Meanwhile, which likely won't bleed onto the field but has to leave Seahawks fans uneasy considering what they just witnessed on Sunday., Thomas seems done with the whole ordeal but not with a conciliatory mindset. The feud still sounds very feud-y at this point

The always drama-filled Seahawks locker room continues to be filled with drama after gut-wrenching loss and on this occasion, when Wagner seemed to have satiated the media's appetite for answers. Now only more questions remain heading into a must-win situation in Dallas on Sunday., it feels entirely unnecessary

or put them on the precipice of missing the postseason entirely for the first time since the 2011 season.,Womens Richard Sherman Jersey,The Seattle Seahawks (8-5) are playing host to the Los Angeles Rams (9-4) at CenturyLink Field in game that could either put the Hawks in the driver’s seat in the NFC West  with two games left in the season

” Los Angeles safety Lamarcus Joyner said. “We hold ourselves to that ... to dominating on Sundays. Not every game is going to be like this,“It starts with what we believe in — the standard is the standard, this is what you should expect. So you have to stay humble.”, but when it happens

If you think those are just words,Womens Tedric Thompson Jersey, not one of the yelled a disparaging remark to the home fans. There were a few, look at their actions. As players and coaches headed from CenturyLink Field to the locker room, they acted like they had beaten other good teams before., “Woo-hoo!” comments,Womens Eddie Lacy Jersey, and a lot of big smiles. But, indeed

” Rams linebacker Robert Quinn said. “Did we expect a game like this? Probably not. But we expected to play a great game.”,“Nothing should surprise you when you expect things

Russell Wilson hit Tanner McEvoy on a 19-yard pass on a crossing pattern.,On third down of Seattle’s opening drive

Joyner came in low. His helmet dislodged the football for a turnover.,Womens Malik McDowell Jersey,As McEvoy turned to move upfield

” Quinn said. “We kept applying pressure.”,“The defense came out and flustered them early

Here are the key numbers behind the dominating effort:

sacked Wilson seven times — and limited Seattle to 149 total yards.,? The Rams’ defense forced two turnovers

easily having his best game against the Seahawks — 21 carries,? Todd Gurley was the workhorse for the Los Angeles offense, putting the Rams up. 34-0., 152 yards and four total touchdowns. His 57-yard scoring run on third-and-20 right before halftime was the nail in Seattle’s coffin

and later added a 26-yarder early in the second quarter that led to another score.,? And punt returner Pharoh Cooper was fantastic in special teams for the Rams. He had a 53-yard return in the first quarter that set up the team’s first touchdown

and felt no need to try and provide explanations for the most lopsided loss in his Seattle Seahawks tenure other than the most obvious.,Pete Carroll was short and curt

"No," Carroll said., there is nothing to be happy about. That was a really dismal performance by us

the most important game of the season became a one-sided embarrassment the Seahawks were left to explain after a 42-7 pummeling at the hands of the Los Angeles Rams.,With a chance to take the division lead and have control over their playoff fate

the Seahawks were completely overmatched against their division rival and for at least this season appear to have been knocked off the pedestal atop the NFC West.,Instead of Seattle overcoming its long list of injuries and putting forth the same kind of effort as two weeks ago when it knocked off Philadelphia

The Seahawks weren't simply beaten. They were outclassed, out-everything. The Rams led 34-0 at halftime and 40-0 midway through the third quarter., outcoached

There was no point where it seemed the Seahawks were even going to threaten the Rams and that might be most troublesome of all for a team that has prided itself on the ability to compete to the final second.

" safety Bradley McDougald said. "It was embarrassing and humbling. I don't think anything that happened today is going to carry over to next week.","Today is not a representation of us

Seattle still has slight playoff hopes, but the most direct route to the postseason was beating the Rams., both for the division and a wild-card berth

Battered by key injuries, yet they became part of the problem., the Seahawks needed their stars to show up

Russell Wilson was not at his best early when Seattle was struggling to get anything started offensively. Whatever brief MVP campaign Wilson had going finally ended with his only value turning out to be a third-quarter touchdown pass to Luke Willson that kept the Seahawks from getting shutout.

Wilson was 14 of 30 passing for 142 yards and a touchdown. He fumbled trying to spin out of a sack and threw a backward pass that lost 23 yards trying to avoid another.

Wilson did get sacked seven times even though Seattle knew slowing the Rams pass rush was perhaps the biggest key. Doug Baldwin had one catch. So did Jimmy Graham — for minus-1 yard.

" Wilson said.,"The game kind of got out of hand really quickly

The lack of offense in the first half never allowed Seattle to switch field position. The Rams scored on six possessions in the first half that started at midfield or in Seattle territory.

The Seahawks beleaguered defense was constantly faced with defending a short field and couldn't stop the Rams from getting points.

Todd Gurley had 144 yards rushing and three touchdowns in the first half. The Rams averaged 5.7 yards per carry for the game.

The strife in the Seahawks locker room appeared to spill over to social media following the loss. After the game Earl Thomas questioned whether injured linebacker Bobby Wagner should have been playing with a hamstring injury and believed Wagner should have been pulled from the game earlier than he was.

and the Seahawks were without four defensive starters from the start of the season: Cliff Avril,Wagner appeared to take issue with the comments and responded with a series of posts on Twitter that he later deleted. Wagner played at less than 100 percent, Richard Sherman, who suffered a concussion last week and did not recover in time., Kam Chancellor and K.J. Wright

"To be totally honest, you've got to give your hats off to (Wagner) and a couple guys that played. But my personal opinion, I think the guys that played, I don't think they should have played, Kam, it definitely hurt today."," Thomas said. "The backups would have done just as good. The injuries, (Richard Sherman), K.J.

like many of us,Some Cardinals players, but Tuesday was different for some of them., don’t normally answer calls from blocked numbers

Team President Michael Bidwill called four Cardinals – safety Budda Baker, cornerback Patrick Peterson and outside linebacker Chandler Jones -– to tell them they had been selected to the Pro Bowl.,Authentic Richard Sherman Jersey, receiver Larry Fitzgerald

but he never texted me,“(Bidwill) said he was going to text me so I could get his number, smiling.,” Baker said

a rookie,Authentic Tedric Thompson Jersey,Baker, third most in the NFL., made the Pro Bowl as a special teams player. He has 15 tackles on special teams

He became a defensive starter five games ago after Tyvon Branch suffered a knee injury.

Jones received a similar call from Bidwill.

” he said. “There is actually some footage. My girlfriend was recording when I was on the phone.”,“I did a little dance

Gruesome injury

Receiver Brittan Golden underwent surgery in Washington D.C.,Authentic Eddie Lacy Jersey, and he returned to Arizona on Tuesday afternoon., on Monday to repair fractured bones in his right arm

Golden suffered the injury returning a punt with two minutes left in the loss to Washington on Sunday.

Golden said his ulna was shattered and his radius was broken cleanly when a Redskin player landed on the arm.

staples on the bottom side,“I’ve got staples on this side, pointing to his arm. “I’ve got two metal plates.”,Authentic Malik McDowell Jersey,” he said

Golden said he didn’t feel much pain initially. “I had no idea until I turned over and looked at it, ‘(expletive).’”,” he said. “Then I was like

which would coincide with the start of free agency. Golden is due to be an unrestricted free agent.,Doctors have told Golden the rehabilitation period is three to four months

while two,Authentic Shaquill Griffin Jersey,Ten players missed practice with injuries or illness, took the day off for rest., receiver Larry Fitzgerald and Frostee Rucker

but he didn’t venture a guess as to which ones would be able to play Sunday against the Giants.,Arians is hopeful several of the 10 players will be able to practice by the end of the week

the Los Angeles Rams changed the conversation from not being ready for the big games to now appearing ready and dangerous for the playoffs.,In the span of a week

and the Rams made the Seahawks look hapless with a dominating performance.,Womens Shaquill Griffin Jersey,The Rams aren't in the postseason yet. But the biggest step they've taken toward a postseason return came Sunday in their 42-7 blowout of the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday. It was a big game on a big stage with postseason implications

but any question about their playoff potential was put to rest against the Seahawks.,There is still one more step for the Rams to take in order to wrap up that postseason berth

" Rams coach Sean McVay said. "Seattle has been in the playoffs a handful of years in a row now. They have won the division three of the last four years now. We came in here and took advantage of that today.","We're very pleased with what we did today and now we'll see if we can follow it up with a good performance next week

the Rams couldn't close out Philadelphia and lost 43-35 at home to the NFC-best Eagles.,There was a rightful bit of skepticism about the Rams (10-4) coming into Sunday. They had stumbled earlier this season against Seattle and Minnesota. And just a week ago

But they took full advantage of a banged-up Seattle defense and flustered Russell Wilson to where his greatest contribution was making sure the Seahawks (8-6) didn't get shut out.

Todd Gurley was fantastic as a ball carrier with 152 yards rushing and three TDs on the ground, in field position and sacked Wilson seven times. Seattle's playmakers were spectators and the Seahawks looked closer to the end of an era than being worthy playoff contenders., and another TD reception in the third quarter that gave the Rams a 40-0 lead. Los Angeles won on special teams

"We didn't handle Todd Gurley very well, we let some things go. We made some mistakes, he was on fire. But schematically, and play that far off.", too, that got the ball out there," Seattle coach Pete Carroll said. "It's really hard for me to explain to you because this is something that I haven't seen us do

averaging 7.2 yards per carry. He had 144 yards rushing at halftime,Gurley was the star, three TD runs and a TD catch in a single game., including a 57-yard TD sprint in the final minute of the first half to give the Rams a 34-0 lead at the break. He's the second player in Rams history — joining Marshall Faulk — with at least 150 yards rushing

Here's what else to know from the Rams' dominant performance:

who had six possessions in the first half start at midfield or inside Seattle territory. Not surprisingly,It's easy to score when seemingly every drive starts around midfield. That was the case for the Rams, including a drive that started at the Seattle 1 after Pharoh Cooper's 53-yard punt return. The Rams' average starting position for the game was their 47-yard line., the Rams scored on all six possessions

" McVay said.,"To flip the field consistently like our punt return unit has done has been huge for our offense to be in that spot

but mixed in were some of the worst losses of his tenure with the Seahawks. Included were three games allowing 40 points and a 34-point loss to the New York Giants.,WORST LOSS: Carroll's first season in Seattle in 2010 ended with a division title

Sunday's loss brought back many of the memories from that first season. It was the first time Seattle had allowed 40 points since late in the 2010 season and the 35-point defeat was the most lopsided of Carroll's tenure.

#28 28-12-2017 06:44:59

aliciahuang
Membre

Toronto's Auston Matthews says he has concussion symptoms

Toronto Maple Leafs star center Auston Matthews has been dealing with concussion symptoms after colliding with a teammate in a game earlier this month.

Matthews confirmed the nature of his latest injury Friday after participating in his first practice in two weeks. He has missed six games since a 4-3 win over Pittsburgh on Dec. 9, when he took an accidental hit to the head from Leafs defenseman Morgan Rielly. He also missed four games in November with what the team called an upper-body injury.

Toronto has gone 2-4 in their latest stint without Matthews.

The Maple Leafs play the second game of a five-game road trip Saturday against the New York Rangers. Matthews said he feels good, but the team has not indicated when he will return.

who missed the past six games with a concussion, made his return to the Leafs lineup on Saturday night against the New York Rangers. He had a goal — the eventual game-winner — and an assist to help Toronto to a 3-2 victory,Matthews, snapping a four-game road losing streak.

Matthews had cast doubt on whether he would be fully up to speed after having sat out for two weeks.

" Matthews. "I kind of know what to expect as far as conditioning; it's not totally going to be there, just play my game and have fun.", but hopefully throughout the first, second,"I just want to play hockey, third period I just get better and better, feel better and better after each period and just do what I do. I want to contribute in a number of different ways

But Matthews didn't need much time to get back on the score sheet. He assisted on William Nylander's first period tally to put Toronto ahead 1-0 for his first point since he earned an assist against the Edmonton Oilers Nov. 30. It was Nylander's second goal in his past three games.

Toronto holding a 2-1 lead. With 8:39 remaining in the period,The Rangers and Leafs proceeded to exchange goals throughout the second period, Matthews maneuvered the puck around the sprawled out Henrik Lundqvist for his 14th goal of the season.

Ontario, Wayne Gretzky always heard his father,Growing up in Brantford, Walter, wax poetic about Bill Barilko’s 1951 Stanley Cup-winning goal for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

there was kind of pictures of it – moments of it, so to speak,“We didn’t really even have TV back then and there was kind of clips of it,adidas Auston Matthews jersey,” Gretzky said.

Gretzky watched in the same kind of awe as Bobby Orr scored in overtime to win the Cup in 1970 for the Boston Bruins. Orr beat St. Louis Blues goaltender Glenn Hall,At age 9, leaping through the air to celebrate what has become the most iconic goal in NHL history.

“People from the ’50s and ’60s remember the Barilko goal and then the new generation of kids who got to see the goal like myself could relate to what our parents and grandparents were talking about,adidas Daniel Sedin jersey,” Gretzky said. “Time sort of stopped in a moment that you could compare something so unique.”

“The Great One” downplays his own accomplishments but considers Orr’s goal an unforgettable moment in hockey history. As the NHL celebrates its 100th anniversary, Orr’s goal is so important that it reached the finals of the “Greatest Moments” bracket 47 years after it happened.

While Barilko’s goal inspired the Tragically Hip song “Fifty Mission Cap,” Orr’s has inspired decades of highlights and conversation.

the goal is still revered and remembered,adidas Henrik Sedin jersey,Almost 50 years later, from Ray Lussier’s timeless photo to Dan Kelly’s play-by-play call of Orr’s give-and-go with Derek Sanderson to complete the Boston sweep. Orr’s goal was voted one of the two most memorable moments in NHL history finishing behind only Mario Lemieux scoring goals five different ways in one game in 1988.

let alone remember it. Yet among the 17 Cup-winning overtime goals,Many current fans weren’t even alive when Orr scored the goal, it sticks out as the most memorable.

“There’s some moments in hockey that are just so special that we’ll never be able to ever sort of recreate that moment again,adidas Alex Ovechkin jersey,” Gretzky said. “And that’s one of those iconic moments that we’ll never be able to recreate.”

Glenn says,It has become such a flashpoint that Orr recalled in the NHL’s 100 years documentary: “Each time I see Glenn Hall, ‘Is that the only goal you ever scored?'” It was actually one of nine goals Orr scored in 24 games during the 1970 playoffs.

Orr’s legendary career,Authentic Patrik Laine jersey,So why has Orr’s goal become one of the central moments in hockey history? Lussier’s snapshot, the advent of television and the importance of the goal for the Bruins’ franchise all contribute.

and recreations of it are everywhere,Lussier took the famous photo for the Boston Record American, including on the wall of TD Garden where the Bruins now play. Orr saw it in the newspaper the next morning in its full glory.

it’s probably one of the top five photographs in sports journalism – not just hockey, it’s the whole thing.”,” said actor Jon Hamm of “Mad Men” fame,“That picture, a longtime Blues fan from St. Louis. “It’s amazing. It captures the whole thing. It’s Bobby Orr’s commitment. He’s horizontal to the ice, it’s the winning goal

Orr told author Andrew Podnieks for “The Goal: Bobby Orr and the Most Famous Shot in Stanley Cup History” that he jumped as soon as he saw the puck go in to seal the Bruins’ first title since 1941. The other five “Original Six” teams had all won the Cup at least once in those 29 years.

Toronto or Detroit,“So it wasn’t like Montreal,” Hamm said. “It was some new blood on the Cup.”

It was one of just two Cup rings for Orr, who was forced to retire young because of knee injuries.

” Orr said in 2013. “I didn’t play that long,“The only thing is I wish I could’ve played longer, so (I think about) the years I could have played if I had been healthy. That’s the only regret I have.”

the Parry Sound, Ontario,Even though he played only 10 full NHL seasons and parts of two more, native won the Norris Trophy as top defenseman eight times and the Hart Trophy as NHL MVP three times.

Deputy commissioner Bill Daly said a Hockey Hall of Famer and one of the best players of all-time scoring the goal fuels the powerful memories to this day. Gretzky said Orr being “one of the greatest players if not the greatest player to ever live” makes the goal even more special.

NHL chief content officer and executive vice president Steve Mayer compared it to Babe Ruth calling his shot on a home run during the 1932 World Series because the picture of Orr has been seen by sports fans for generations.

Even the most novice NHL bettor knows that the expansion Vegas Golden Knights have been a sensational home play - but the top team in the Western Conference comes out of its holiday break looking to improve its road showing with games on consecutive nights against the Anaheim Ducks and Los Angeles Kings. The Golden Knights are a modest 8-7-1 away from Vegas - compared to a ridiculous 15-2-1 home mark - but have already won all three meetings with the Ducks and Kings so far this season. Vegas has moved all the way up to +1,600 on Bet365 to do the improbable and win the Stanley Cup in its first season.

the Bruins have 13 wins over their past 17 games to vault themselves into third spot in the competitive Atlantic Division. But Ottawa might just have a psychological edge in this one,The Ottawa Senators and Boston Bruins have been polar opposite teams over the same six-week stretch as they prepare to do battle Wednesday night at TD Garden. The Senators have just three victories in their previous 18 games to tumble all the way down to second-last in the Eastern Conference. Meanwhile, having won 10 of the past 12 meetings - including a six-game triumph in last year's Stanley Cup playoffs.

Toronto Maple Leafs superstar Auston Matthews will need plenty of tickets Thursday night as he returns to his native Arizona for a showdown with the Coyotes. Matthews has led the Maple Leafs to second place in the Atlantic as they kick off a three-game road trip that finishes with a New Year's Eve encounter with Vegas. Toronto is in good position to improve its standing in the Eastern Conference, adidas T. J. Oshie jersey,as the Coyotes come into this one with just eight victories on the season. The Coyotes come in ranked second-last in the league in both goals scored per game (2.2) and average goals allowed (3.5).

The Colorado Avalanche will be without defenseman Tyson Barrie for a while after he suffered a broken hand in his final game prior to the holiday break. The Avalanche are already struggling on the back end,Authentic Auston Matthews jersey, ranked 24th overall in goals against per game.

The Columbus Blue Jackets have suffered a major blow, losing forward Cam Atkinson for the next 4-to-6 weeks with a fractured right foot. The Blue Jackets are an unbelievable 10-1-0 SU in games in which Atkinson has recorded at least one point.

Times have been tough for the St. Louis Blues since losing talented forward Jaden Schwartz to an ankle injury. The Blues have just three wins in eight games without Schwartz,Authentic Daniel Sedin jersey, and have scored just 12 total goals over that stretch.

The scoring leader at the NHL's holiday break is Tampa Bay Lightning superstar Nikita Kucherov, whose 51 points are five more than runners-up John Tavares and Josh Bailey. Tampa leads the NHL in goals at 3.74 per game and is 21-14-0 O/U to date.

Edmonton Oilers phenom Connor McDavid ranks outside the top 5 in league scoring, and his team could use an uptick after the break. Edmonton has won eight of its previous 10 games in which McDavid has registered at least one point.

San Jose netminder Aaron Dell might have waited until he turned 26 to reach the NHL,Authentic Henrik Sedin jersey, but he's making the most of his chance. Dell has won each of his previous five starts, while San Jose is 4-8-1 O/U in his 13 appearances this season.

The high-scoring Lightning come out of the holiday break with the best odds to win the Stanley Cup title - and it isn't close. Tampa Bay is +525 on Bet365 entering Wednesday's action; Toronto and New Jersey are next in line at +1,000.

with the Kings at the head of the pack; St. Louis and Nashville are next in line at +1,Authentic Alex Ovechkin jersey,Picking a winner out of the Western Conference? Might as well throw darts at this point. Four teams are listed between +1,400 and +1,500,600,Authentic T. J. Oshie jersey, followed by expansion Vegas.

You'd need to be quite brave to take the Coyotes to win the championship - but the payoff would be legendary. Arizona comes out of the holiday rest period at a whopping +400,000 on Bet365 to come from last place and win the Stanley Cup title.

The Sharks are well on their way to being the worst over play in hockey for the second consecutive season. San Jose has just 11 overs through its first 34 games of 2017-18, after posting just 22 overs all of last season.

The New York Islanders continue to be a premier over play,adidas Patrik Laine jersey, having exceeded the total in each of their previous six games - three of which carried a total of 6. New York is 25-10-1 O/U for the year, highlighted by a 14-3-0 mark at home.

#29 06-02-2018 03:57:10

aliciahuang
Membre

one of the oldest Texans,Emma Primas of Houston, dies at 112

the congresswoman called her "an African American woman who lived a life worthy of praise,In a lengthy news release written in tribute to Primas, who was raised in and survived the segregation of the Deep South and never thought she would live to meet an African American president and first lady."

61, accompanied her grandmother to many engagements where Primas was lauded by elected officials and dignitaries. The matriarch was a daily hat-wearer – elaborate crowns for church,Mickey, casual ones during the week and rugged caps when she was going fishing.

"Every time she went out she had a hat on," Mickey said. "I always made sure she looked pretty."

Primas moved to San Francisco to find better-paying work in the 1940s, becoming a streetcar operator and school dietician. She used her savings to return to Texas and open a neighborhood grocery store in northeast Houston. After retiring from the business,Womens Braxton Miller Jersey,Born in San Jacinto County in 1905, she fished for recreation and commerce and sold fresh trout and drum.

Primas was an honorary senior ambassador for the City of Houston and an in-demand guest at many public events over the last decade. At 109, she surprised a crowd at a union hall game night by prevailing at two rounds of dominoes.

Watt was nominated for his work and efforts after Hurricane Harvey,Womens Tyler Ervin Jersey, raising $37 million in a span of 19 days.

” Watt said. "At the same time,"It’s such an honor and so humbling to be mentioned in the same sentence as Walter Payton, it’s also great to honor the people of Houston and everything they have been through -- the adversity and the people standing up and helping their fellow neighbor out.”

Watt was joined by the two other finalists -- Baltimore's Benjamin Watson and Carolina's Greg Olsen -- at the NFL'S fan forum along with Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Watt said it was a total team effort locally, nationally and across the NFL as the money he raised went directly to relief to efforts.

“It’s all about putting that positive spin on things and being able to turn a negative into a positive,Womens Kevin Johnson Jersey,” said Watt.

Watt was also asked what gift he could give back to his fans and his city.

" Watt said. "I’ve been working since the fundraiser, rebuilding hundreds of homes,“Besides winning the city a Super Bowl and uplifting them in that way is just making sure these recovery efforts go the right way,Womens Benardrick McKinney Jersey, providing daycare and providing food and shelter for people."

“We want these people to know we have not forgotten about them," Watt said. "Just because it’s not at the top of the news anymore we are still here and we are still thinking about them and still doing what we can to help."

25, accepted the prestigious award on Saturday,Womens Jaelen Strong Jersey, February 3. “This award is about the inherent good that lies within humanity. It’s about the city of Houston and its ability to overcome adversity at a time when it all seemed lost. It is about the hundreds of thousands of people from all over the country and all over the world who donated to a city they may have never been to,The Houston Texans player, to people that they may never meet,” he said at the NFL honors event. “But they donated simply because they saw their fellow humans going through a difficult time and they wanted to help out.”

As previously reported, a catastrophic Category 4 storm, who has played for the hometown team since 2011, raised more that $37 million in 19 days in August 2017 for relief efforts, in addition to donating $100, Watt,000 himself. Hurricane Harvey, hit Texas in August and caused $125 billion in damage. The Texas Tribune reported in October that at least 88 people died from the storm.

“This is a historic day for Texas and we will work tirelessly to uphold the trust and responsibility the state has placed in Knox Medical.”

The medicine contains the ingredient in a marijuana plant that lets a patient get the medical benefits without the buzz.

one of three companies licensed by the Texas Department of Public Safety to grow and sell medical marijuana in Texas,Cansortium Texas, is the first company to get the product on the market.

which must be prescribed by a doctor,Each dose of the medicine, will be delivered directly to a patient’s home by a nurse or social worker anywhere in the state.

in one form or another,Other marijuana use — for medical or recreation — remains illegal in Texas and more than a dozen other states. But it is legal, in 29 states and the District of Columbia.

The low-level cannabidiol she received Thursday is being sold under a 2015 law to help Texans with intractable epilepsy if federally approved medication hasn’t helped.

led by state Rep. Stephanie Klick, R-Fort Worth,This culminates a lengthy process that began when the Texas Legislature, approved the Texas Compassionate Use Act to make use of cannabidiol legal for at least some of the nearly 150,000 Texans estimated to have intractable epilepsy.

or tetrahydrocannabinol,Lawmakers have stressed this is an extremely limited form of medical marijuana geared to let patients receive benefits without the high. This medicine does not include, which is the psychoactive ingredient that produces a high.

Cansortium Texas has been growing plants since September on a 10-acre parcel of land in Schulenburg, a small community east of San Antonio.

plants have grown inside MCPU’s, or Moducular Cultivation and Processing Units,There,Authentic Braxton Miller Jersey, with constant security.

Only 15 doctors in Texas — those registered with the Compassionate Use Program — are legally allowed to prescribe the product to treat intractable epilepsy.

the director of neurology at Cook Children’s Medical Center, and Bishnu Sapkota,Two of those doctors are in North Texas: M. Scott Perry,Authentic Tyler Ervin Jersey, a board certified neurologist with Lone Star Medical Group in Weatherford.

After receiving the prescription, Texans must then potentially pay between $45 and $90 for the medicine.

The Texas Department of Public Safety is overseeing the compassionate use program.

Workers there for months reviewed dozens of applications by companies wanting to legally grow medical cannabis in Texas. Only three licenses have been issued.

The first went to Cansortium Texas on Sept. 1, 2017.

which is growing plants in a more than 7,Authentic Kevin Johnson Jersey,Another permit was issued to Compassionate Cultivation,000-square-foot warehouse in Austin. And a third license was issued to Suterra Texas in the form of a conditional Texas license. This company has yet to receive the final approval needed to plant the seeds.

Thursday’s delivery follows news earlier this week that Compassionate Cultivation will open the state’s first medical marijuana dispensary Feb. 8 near Austin.

As for Knox Medical, Authentic Julién Davenport Jersey,officials say they are glad to be moving forward with the process.

and in close coordination with the Texas Department of Public Safety,Authentic Benardrick McKinney Jersey, to provide this medicine that exceeds the most rigorous standards for quality and consistency,“Patients deserve medical relief and Knox Medical is proud to work with physicians and caregivers,” Hidalgo said.

the NFL announced that Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt had been given the award,The recipient for this year’s Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award was pretty much decided before the 2017 NFL season even began. On Saturday night,Authentic Jaelen Strong Jersey, much thanks to his incredible millions in donations he garnered for Hurricane Harvey relief late last summer.

Watt set out to donate $200,In late August,000 to the hurricane victims in Houston and the surrounding affected areas. He took to social media to seek out donations through his J.J. Watt Foundation.

“It’s very difficult,Womens Julién Davenport Jersey, not only because we have family and friends back there,” Watt said. “Some guys have young kids. Some guys have wives and families. But that’s our city. It’s very tough to watch your city get hit by such a bad storm and not be there to help.”

000 donors. He kept the fundraiser going for a couple of weeks after he opened it in late August.,What started as a goal of $200,000 ended up coming out to a whopping $37,097,248 from more than 200

” Watt said. “I know that there are going to be a whole bunch of people we need to help get back on their feet. I know there’s going to be a lot we need to do to help rebuild.”,“So what I do want to do is, I want to start a fundraiser, because I know that these recovery efforts are going to be massive

Watt’s fundraiser kept reaching goals of $500, who is quite deserving of the award.,000, $2 million, $1 million, and more, it getting to a point where Watt eventually closed it down. Congrats to the Houston Texan

#30 08-02-2018 07:54:22

ailcia
Invité

Bill Belichick has reportedly gone to the college ranks to get his replacement. A top Big Ten assistant is reportedly expected to take the job.

Cardinals,The running back coach will be Kirby Wilson, who was let go by the Browns after the end of the 2017 season. Wilson spent two years in Cleveland after two years with the Vikings and has also worked for the Steelers, Buccaneers, Redskins and Patriots over the last two decades.

but should have a healthy David Johnson among his charges.,It doesn’t look like Wilson will be working with Adrian Peterson

including stints as a co-defensive coordinator at Clemson and Auburn. This will be his first NFL job.,Womens Kendell Beckwith Jersey,Marvez reports that Charlie Harbison will be the team’s cornerbacks coach. Harbison has coached in the college ranks since 1992

49ers fans hoping to see Jimmy Garoppolo under center for the long run got some super news on Super Bowl Sunday.

avoiding limbo of the franchise tag and checking off the most important box of the offseason.,NFL Network reported San Francisco was getting close to signing its new franchise quarterback to a multi-year agreement

Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch can focus their attention on the rest of the roster,If and when Garoppolo signs,Womens DeSean Jackson Jersey, when they’ll be a trendy pick to return to the playoffs for the first time since 2013., which still has holes in the starting lineup and on the margins heading into next season

here are five priorities for San Francisco to focus on next in our road map through the offseason.,Assuming the Garoppolo deal gets done soon

If the 49ers move on from those players,Womens Vernon Hargreaves III Jersey, with reserve linebacker Brock Coyle and pass rusher Cassius Marsh as likely candidates as they were brought in by the new regime this season., they’ll have replacements in mind either in free agency or the draft. Some will be brought back

When it comes to Hyde, ranking 16th in the NFL averaging 4.1 yards per attempt and 21st in total yardage. The upcoming draft is rich with running backs allowing San Francisco to get younger and cheaper at the position with a player more tailored to Shanahan’s one-cut scheme.,Womens Noah Spence Jersey, the 49ers had a middling rushing attack

if teams don’t refrain because of his social injustice protest. ,Regarding Reid: the team made it clear Jaquiski Tartt is the strong safety of the future. He’s a candidate for an extension while Reid will likely search for a starting job elsewhere

who worked with him as an assistant previously with the Seahawks. Smith was penciled to start after signing his $26.5-million contract and appears the favorite to start next to Reuben Foster,Smith performed well early in training camp and remains a favorite of defensive coordinator Robert Saleh,Womens Roberto Aguayo Jersey, the 49ers might be inclined to add a linebacker like Roquan Smith or Trumaine Edmunds in the first round of the NFL draft., despite his underwhelming tenure with the Raiders. Still

Garnett wasn’t a natural fit for Shanahan’s outside zone scheme which requires guards to cover ground by pulling outside. He played in a power-based system at Stanford. The 49ers asked him to re-make his body to improve his range instead of holding a spot for him to return in 2017 following knee surgery. San Francisco needs more from their guards and Garnett is talented enough to provide an upgrade. This offseason will go a long way toward defining his future with the team that traded up to draft him in the first round.

didn’t get off to a great start. He showed signs of rare explosiveness and promise in the preseason but struggled with ball security and conditioning throughout camp. His ankle injury appeared minor enough that he could have returned to contribute,Williams, a fourth-round pick last spring, but the team decided to give him an unofficial red-shirt season to acclimate to life as a pro. If Hyde leaves, Williams could compete for the starting job with whoever San Francisco brings in.

the salary cap has exploded from $120 to $178 since 2011 allowing far more flexibility when it comes to trades and free agency. But getting back to the Super Bowl will still take finding players in the draft to build around and sign to below-market rates before hitting free agency. That’s among the ways the Eagles built the league’s best roster and won the Super Bowl.,The key for sustained winning is maximizing production with financial efficiency. Yes

despite starting the year with talented rosters and budding young quarterbacks. That emotional let down is an obstacle facing the 49ers.,Every year there are teams expected to make big jumps that fail to meet expectations. The Raiders (6-10) and Buccaneers (5-11) would qualify for 2017

offering unbridled optimism with some fans believing the Bay Area found its next generational star.,The hype train began building for San Francisco as soon as Jimmy Garoppolo was put in the driver’s seat and played like one of the league’s best quarterbacks over the final five games. It was one of the most dramatic turnarounds in recent memory

Perhaps that’s true, dramatically changing momentum created by Garoppolo’s magical December.,Authentic Kendell Beckwith Jersey, and perhaps Garoppolo will lead the 49ers back to the postseason and become an MVP candidate in the process. But the gap between contention and disappointment isn’t all that wide. A few plays going the wrong way could lead to unexpected losses

aside from a few feel-good wins while outside the playoff race. Last season is over and every practice rep,The key for Shanahan this offseason will be instilling that message in his team. The 49ers haven’t accomplished anything yet,Authentic DeSean Jackson Jersey, not reflecting on what went right to cap 2017., trip to the weight room and film session has to be focused on getting better

he said he wanted to find someone who had a strong opinion about the personnel of his football team.,When Bob Quinn set off on his coaching search 36 days ago

"I do want someone that’s opinionated,Authentic Vernon Hargreaves III Jersey, that we can communicate back and forth about guys that fit, so we have to be on the same page of what kind of players that the head coach wants, whether that’s current players,Authentic Noah Spence Jersey," Quinn said at the time. "I think that’s the most important relationship in this building is between the head coach and the general manager, the guys that don’t fit, or whether that’s free agency or whether that’s the draft. So I think that’s huge."

Quinn will continue to pick the players for the Lions roster,Authentic Roberto Aguayo Jersey, but new coach Matt Patricia will have plenty of input in the process.,Womens Donovan Smith Jersey, both in the draft and free agency

The two already have a good relationship from their years together with the New England Patriots — they worked together in 2004-15 — and both speak the same football language after getting their starts in the NFL under Bill Belichick.

here's a cheat sheet of the five most important decisions he has to make (in conjunction with Quinn) this offseason:,So as Patricia tidies up his loose ends in New England before heading west for his introductory news conference Wednesday

1. They can let him test free agency, if the Cowboys sign or tag Lawrence).,Authentic Donovan Smith Jersey, where he'll command an oversized contract as the second-best defensive end on the market behind DeMarcus Lawrence (or the best

2. They can try and sign him to a long-term deal before the free-agent negotiating period opens March 12 (and pay him that large contract themselves).

3. They can use the franchise tag to keep him in Detroit for 2018 at around $17.5 million.

Ansah turns 29 in May and has battled a slew of ankle, so there's significant risk in any longterm deal. The best option, knee and back injuries the past two seasons that have made him an inconsistent player, is to hedge all bets with Ansah, in my eyes, use the tag to keep him off the market and hope you can land a long-term replacement in the draft.

Patricia has won big before without a great pass rusher. This year, so it's important to bring Ansah back., the Patriots had a top-five scoring defense with no one you would recognize on the defensive line. But life is a lot easier if you can get to the quarterback

#31 09-02-2018 08:02:19

Ohio State football: M
Invité

“He’s essential to our program right now, he’s certainly right there near the top. He manages so much for me off the field as well as being one of the top defensive coordinators in America. And he’s a relationship person. He’s not one of those coaches that knows his position or that side of the ball and that’s it. He knows everyone,Womens Le'Veon Bell Jersey,” coach Urban Meyer said. “If he is not my best recruiter, because he’s been a head coach before.”

51,Womens T. J. Watt Jersey,That Schiano, surfaced as a candidate for the Patriots’ coordinator job after Matt Patricia was hired as the Detroit Lions head coach was not a surprise. Schiano and New England coach Bill Belichick are close.

He helped Rutgers rise from college football oblivion before becoming the head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He was fired in 2013 after two seasons.

Schiano had signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Tennessee in late November to become the Volunteers’ head coach before backlash among the team’s fan base caused the school to renege on its offer.

Eagles Vice President of Football Operations Howie Roseman "tried to get McCoy back in a deal with Buffalo through back-channel intermediaries" in exchange for a package of players that included wide receiver Jordan Matthews.

However,Womens JuJu Smith-Schuster Jersey, Roseman wasn't able to swing the trade and shipped Matthews and a 2018 third-round draft pick to Buffalo for cornerback Ronald Darby.

With McCoy still in Buffalo, the Eagles shored up the running back position by signing veteran bulldozer LeGarrette Blount to a one-year deal in free agency before acquiring Jay Ajayi at the trade deadline from the Miami Dolphins.

The Colts have experienced a rough few days after an alleged drunken driver killed linebacker Edwin Jackson. While Tuesday's news with McDaniels pales in comparison,Womens Cameron Sutton Jersey, it is still a significant blow for a team that’s already trying to recover from a difficult year.

admitted a degree of uncertainty loomed on Tuesday morning despite the announcement of the pact with McDaniels. Colts staffers were under strict instructions to state that McDaniels and the team had “agreed to terms” on the job,The Colts’ statement described the team as “surprised and disappointed” over the news. However, speaking to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity due to the sensitive nature of the team's current circumstances,Womens James Conner Jersey, people close to the situation, but nothing more concrete.

Prior to Tuesday,Womens Joshua Dobbs Jersey, the Colts felt great about their future. They had zeroed in on McDaniels weeks ago. Colts brass envisioned the arrival of the Patriots’ hotshot offensive coordinator as the perfect way to energize the fan base, however, boost ticket sales and help Andrew Luck return to prime form after the quarterback missed all of last season.

But the McDaniels about-face proved deflating Tuesday evening.

The coach’s reasons for backing out remained unclear as of late Tuesday night. But details should trickle out in the next 24 hours or so.

Speculation abounds, or if Kraft gave him a lucrative deal to stay simply as a way to stick it to the Colts for their role in Deflategate. Perhaps McDaniels simply wasn’t truly at peace over leaving New England, as some wonder whether Bill Belichick and/or Robert Kraft have promised him that the Patriots’ succession plan centers on him, and others have suggested possible concerns about Luck’s shoulder. This doesn't make McDaniels look good. And he now appears to have backed himself into a corner. He can't and shouldn't work anywhere but New England for the foreseeable future.

Bill Stewart hired Mike Tomlin as the receivers coach at Virginia Military Institute in 1995, when Stewart was head coach the program. It was Tomlin's first coaching job out of college.

Blaine Stewart spent his first two years of eligibility at James Madison, primarily as the holder on field goals and extra points. Stewart finished his two-year career at the University of Charleston (W.Va.) with 15 catches for 133 yards.

Stewart joins Dan Rooney and Steve Meyer as Pittsburgh's coaching assistants. The team carried just Rooney - grandson of the late team president and chairman and son of current president and own Art Rooney II - Meyer in the position.

other than for specific positions and offensive assistant Shaun Sarrett,Meyer was the only person on staff with such a title in 2015. Rooney was hired hired before the 2016 season. Web archives show no coaching assistants, listed on the Steelers' 2014 staff.

Since the Steelers' 45-42 upset loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars in the divisional round of the playoffs, Pittsburgh chose not to renew offensive coordinator Todd Haley's contract. He has signed with the Cleveland Browns in the same role. Veteran receivers coach Richard Mann also retired at the end of the season.

Quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner added the offensive coordinator job to his duties. Mann was replaced by veteran receivers coach Darryl Drake.

Jesse James, which the Patriots were able to participate in partially because of the home field advantage the original call secured for them. The Steelers, and its repercussions were felt throughout the postseason. A string of similar plays occurred in Super Bowl LII, meanwhile, was robbed of a game-winning touchdown against the New England Patriots by replay official Al Riveron. The play has been one of the most disputed in the entire history of the NFL, in the eyes of every Pittsburgh Steelers fan on Earth, lost in the Divisional Round of the playoffs to the Jacksonville Jaguars, a team they wouldn't have had to play had they been given that touchdown and defeated the Patriots in their Week 15 matchup.

the play itself sparked a fervor among fans demanding to know what exactly defines a catch. The NFL itself doesn't seem to know the answer either,Authentic Le'Veon Bell Jersey,Every football fan out there has voiced their opinion on the issue, Rooney agrees with the call that James did not catch the ball. What Rooney is more concerned about is the rule itself. While the letter of the law dictates that the pass was incomplete,Authentic T. J. Watt Jersey, and Steelers President Art Rooney II has a surprising one. According to Ed Bouchette of The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, so Roger Goodell has made clarifying the catch rule a top priority for the league this offseason.

At this point,Authentic JuJu Smith-Schuster Jersey, the way that the Steelers did, or a season,Authentic Cameron Sutton Jersey, the Steelers can never get back what they lost on that call. The season is over and they have no choice but to move on. But for the sake of every other team that might lose a game, the rule has to be overhauled for next season. If an owner as powerful as Rooney is saying it,Authentic James Conner Jersey, that just confirms that the league is taking the issue as seriously as it needs to.

Shazier suffered the injury, he had to be stretchered and carted off the field. He went to the hospital where he remained for a couple of days before flying back to Pittsburgh. Two days after the injury, on Dec. 4 when he made a fairly innocuous tackle with his head down. He didn't get back up. Eventually,Authentic Joshua Dobbs Jersey, which ended his season, he underwent spinal stabilization surgery. Less than two weeks later, he began rehab.

but as Schefter reported in his story,That's tremendous news, the next several months will be critical:

The next three to six months are critical in his recovery and will provide a significant idea how much more function Shazier can regain. But for now, the fact that he is out of the hospital and moving his legs and walking is a positive sign.

earning two trips to the Pro Bowl. But at this point,Shazier, has been one of the Steelers' most important players since the team used the 15th overall pick on him in the 2014 draft, 25, his future in football is secondary to his future in life.

Sunday's news was the best news that's been made public since he suffered the injury two months ago. Hopefully, positive updates continue to emerge in the months to come.

#32 10-02-2018 07:21:06

Patrick Peterson: James B
Invité

Bettcher's former star player Patrick Peterson spoke recently about why he is one of the best young coaches in the NFL. It boils down to two things -- Bettcher's advanced Xs and Os knowledge of the game and his ability to relate to his players while consistently getting the most out of them.

" Peterson said,"He's a great young defensive coordinator,. "He brings a lot to the table. He's extremely smart. He understands how to adjust to whatever his players know how to do. The thing that I was most impressed with Coach Bettcher was the way he was able to relate to his players. I wish him nothing but the best of luck out there in NYC."

Peterson reiterated that Bettcher's constant communication and ability to listen to the player is what separates him from other coaches.

the way he wanted to put his guys in the best position possible,"Just the way he worked," Peterson said. "He's able to listen to his players. I think that's huge to any coach in this league: Being able to relate and communicate with your guys to make sure that you guys are on the same page and both sides are comfortable with what's about to take place on Sunday."

Bettcher has been praised for his Xs and Os and ability to break down opposing offensive line protection schemes. Peterson talked up Bettcher's ability to make the necessary in-game adjustments.

"He's very," Peterson said. "He understands the game. The way he's able to draw up certain defenses on the fly, very bright, I think that's what makes him very, very special."

"They're going to be changing over," Peterson said. "We'll see how that transpires. I believe that's definitely going to be a challenge for them because not only are you teaching guys new positions, so that's going to be a task, but you're teaching them a whole new system. I know he has his plate full and we'll just see what happens at the end of the day."

Although it might take the Giants defenders time to adjust to Bettcher's new scheme, now is the perfect time for a change given that the team needs to revamp nearly their entire linebacker corps. Bettcher's defense promises constant pressure and press-man coverage -- two concepts that helped the Giants defense rise to the top in almost all key defensive categories during their breakout 2016 season before injuries and suspensions struck in 2017.

With Jurgen Klopp set to be in the market for a new keeper this summer, Anfield has been mooted as a possible destination for the 25-year-old.

French giants Paris Saint-Germain are also said to be keen, but any club plotting an approach has been warned that they will need to dig deep in order to get a deal over the line.

Ex-Roma goalkeeping coach Negrisolo told Il Romanista on the South American star: “Is Alisson worth €50m? Don’t be silly, he’s worth far more than that.

“I don’t think many people have realised who Alisson is. This guy is a phenomenon. He is the number one of number ones. He is the Messi of goalkeepers,Womens Bobby Hart Jersey, because he has the same mentality as Messi. He is a goalkeeper who can mark an era.

because Alisson is extraordinary. The first time I saw him play,“There is absolutely no comparison with Gianluigi Donnarumma, he wasn’t yet on the Roma books. I watched him play for Brazil and he made an enormous impression on me.

he reminds me of Dino Zoff. I’d also compare him to Michel Preud-Homme,“The way he behaves in the goal,Womens B.J. Goodson Jersey, who had the class of someone born to be a goalkeeper.

but has improved even more since he has been in Italy,“I told Alisson when I met him at Roma’s Trigoria ground that he was born for this. He was already strong when he arrived, especially when coming out low to get the ball. Now he is far more decisive in those situations.

the current Roma goalkeeping coach,Authentic Olivier Vernon Jersey,“I have to give credit to Marco Savorani, who used to work under me. Savorani also helped Wojciech Szczesny improve a lot and Juventus got themselves a bargain buying him from Arsenal.

that is my business,“I know goalkeepers, and I can assure you Alisson can be a guarantee for at least another 10 years. He’s already a hero to the fans and Roma need to keep hold of him.

Bayern Munich are set to romp to Bundesliga glory for the sixth straight year,Womens Damon Harrison Jersey, but Stefan Effenberg has come up with a plan to prevent a repeat of such a procession in the future.

The Bavarian giants sit 18 points clear of Bayer Leverkusen, with only 13 matches remaining of a season that is already over as far as the title race is concerned.

Unfortunately for fans of other clubs in Germany, this is a trend that has developed following Borussia Dortmund's back-to-back wins under Jurgen Klopp.

Even with his long-term future with Pittsburgh in jeopardy,200-yard mark for the third time in four years last season, Bell is still performing like an elite rusher. He topped the 1, going for 1,291 yards and nine touchdowns on the ground along with 655 yards and two scores receiving.

The Giants could certainly use a player like Bell, as they finished 26th in the NFL in rushing offense and 21st in total offense.

Beckham's contract situation is also in flux as he looks for a long-term deal. His rookie contract includes a fifth-year option for this upcoming season,However, making him a free agent after that if left unsigned.

“You’ve got to have great leadership, It’s everything in the NFL. Football more than anything is about coaches. Coaching can take good players and make them great and it can take really good players and make them superstars.”

We're not so sure fear is the right term here, something ex-head coach Ben McAdoo lost during his final season in New York. Simms added that trust and respect will be the two most important things Shurmur has to establish with his players if he wants to stick in a market like New York as head coach for an iconic franchise like the Giants. During Simms' playing years, but Shurmur does need to find a way to earn his players' respect, he had a head coach in Bill Parcells who was the master of establishing both. Parcells' players respected him because they could trust that he would provide them with the tools to succeed.

however,Daniele Longo has revealed the state of play among Meyer's growing list of suitors. The report detailed how "AC Milan have also been monitoring the 22-year-old who, is already earning €2 million a year and expects to double his wages with his next contract."

The Germany international wants to test himself in England's top flight, so both Liverpool and the Gunners have the stronger claim to sign one of the Bundesliga's precocious talents.

vision and scoring potential from central areas,Meyer fits the mould of players Klopp likes in the middle. The manager's style of play relies on quick thinking, qualities embodied by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Adam Lallana.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has struggled for consistency since arriving from Arsenal in the summer,However, while Lallana continues to work his way back from injury. A midfield once loaded with creative flair is suddenly short of intuition after the decision to sell Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona during the January transfer window.

Meyer would help solve the issue thanks to his guile and technique, even though his eye for a pass has deserted him recently. The youngster has yet to register an assist amid the uncertainty surrounding his future.

Schalke have decided to hold off on another loan move until at least January,However, which means Rahman may get the chance to fight his way back into first-team fold at Stamford Bridge.

Turkish giants Fenerbahce were also interested but Rahman has always made a return to Germany his preference.

Rahman's recovery programme will now include games for the club's Under-23 side as he closes in on a return to action having been out since January after damaging his knee at the Africa Cup of Nations.

If you’re a Jets fan — or a fan of any of the other two teams in the AFC East, which the Patriots have owned for the balance of this century — you had to crack at least a small smile as you watched this public mess New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels created in spurning the Colts just hours before he was scheduled to be announced as their head coach.

If you’re a Jets fan and you’re tired of being bullied by the Patriots, Womens Janoris Jenkins Jersey, you’re seeing at least the beginning of the end of their dominance in the aftermath of their 41-33 Super Bowl LII loss to the Eagles on Sunday.

The Patriots’ time at the top is naturally nearing an end based on some obvious factors — Bill Belichick will be 66 next season, Tom Brady will be 41 and defensive coordinator Matt Patricia has left for the Lions.

But,Authentic Bobby Hart Jersey, McDaniels’ choice to blow off Indianapolis and stay in New England might end up being a blessing if he is, in a bigger-picture look, indeed,Authentic B.J. Goodson Jersey, staying there to eventually take over for Belichick.

for all the same reasons the Colts — once they wipe the egg off their faces that McDaniels left them with — are better off without McDaniels,Womens Aldrick Rosas Jersey,Because, so are the Jets that he remains in the division and takes over for Belichick.

Here’s an undeniable fact about McDaniels: The only coaching success he’s had in the NFL has come with Belichick as his boss and Brady as his quarterback.

The one time McDaniels ventured out on his own — when he was hired by the Broncos in 2009 to be their head coach — he fell flat on his face, Authentic Aldrick Rosas Jersey,going 5-17 after a 6-0 start in his first year before being fired with four games remaining in his second season in Denver.

but by his insistence on drafting Tim Tebow in the first round — as well as episodes of arrogance,Authentic Damon Harrison Jersey,McDaniels’ short tenure in Denver was defined not only by too many losses, petulance and alienating a number of his top players.

The following year, the 2011 Rams finished last in the NFL in points,Womens Olivier Vernon Jersey,under his watch as offensive coordinator in St. Louis, second-to-last in yards and former No. 1 draft pick Sam Bradford had career-low totals in passer rating (70.5) and completion percentage (53.5).

The Rams finished 2-14 that year, and Belichick threw McDaniels a lifeline — bringing him back as his offensive coordinator when Bill O’Brien left to become head coach at Penn State.

here we are,Authentic Janoris Jenkins Jersey,Six years later with Belichick and Brady, McDaniels having repaired his reputation riding the coattails of his Hall of Fame-bound head coach and quarterback.

Here’s the good news to the “bad news’’ McDaniels delivered to Ballard: The Colts are better off without McDaniels.

#33 10-02-2018 07:50:11

aliciahuang
Membre

Essex County Republican Chairman Al Barlas said Mangold told him he was considering a run in the GOP primary to replace the retiring U.S. Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen in the 11th Congressional District.,Earlier Thursday

Mangold announced in a statement he posted on Twitter.,It won’t happen

“I am not running for Congress. While it would be an amazing opportunity and honor to serve the people of New Jersey’s District 11,” Mangold wrote. “I like to investigate every opportunity that comes to me and this one will not go any further. However I do appreciate the support that was given to me in my short period of possibly thinking about running for Congress.”, I am not in a place where I could commit to that

Mangold tweeted a picture of himself sulking while riding the log flume.,Mangold played for the Jets from 2006 through 2016. He was famously cut while vacationing with his family at Disney World in March 2017. In response

But as incredulous as many Eagles fans may be that the moment they thought might never come has finally arrived, drought-ending sports “miracles” have become almost commonplace in the new millennium., the truth is these kinds of cathartic

why the Jets aren't giving up on Robby Anderson,The super-sized, why Todd Bowles can bring home the Lombardi Trophy and much more., action-packed edition of the Jets Mailbag features the possibility of Super Bowl heroes Nick Foles and Malcolm Butler in Gang Green's future

Nick Foles will be beloved in the City of Brotherly Love for eternity after his magical run that gave the Eagles their first Lombardi Trophy, you'll be disappointed., but let's not turn him into something he's not. Foles is the best backup quarterback in the league. If you think he can be a highly productive full-time starter

Credit Doug Pederson for installing more run-pass option elements to cater to Foles' skillset during their historic run, the smart money would be on a Josh McCown/first-round quarterback combo platter. ,Womens Brad Wing Jersey, but this Super Bowl MVP isn't the answer for the Jets. If Gang Green strikes out on Kirk Cousins

who will probably do their due diligence and inquire,Would the Jets trade one of their two second-rounders for Foles,Womens Jonathan Casillas Jersey, goes in that direction., who is about a year younger than Cousins? I would be stunned if Gang Green

the master plan would be to add a true No. 1 cornerback alongside Claiborne. Finances aside,Oh,Womens Devon Kennard Jersey, Buster Skrine would be the ideal slot corner for them., and it just so happens that Gang Green is looking to add two starting cornerbacks this offseason. The Jets would love to sign Mo Claiborne and add another piece in the secondary (via free agency or draft). Truth be told

according to Pro Football Focus. Butler has 44 passes defensed and eight interceptions in his three seasons as a full-time starter. He's proven to be much more than a Super Bowl fluke. The 2015 Pro Bowler and 2016 second-team All-Pro had some lulls in his play this season,Does Butler fit that No. 1 corner description? Well,Womens Muhammad Wilkerson Jersey, but there's a belief that he wasn't thrilled about not getting a long-term deal last offseason., he's only one of three players at his position with at least 10 pass breakups and two interceptions in each of the past three seasons

but he can play.,The 5-11 Butler is not the longest corner out there

Tom Brady gave Butler a matter-of-fact endorsement on social media after Belichick put the cornerback on ice in the biggest game of the season: "Love you Malcolm! You are and incredible teammate and player and friend. Always!"

but those teammates aren’t around-the-clock babysitters. Anderson must learn to handle everything that comes with being a professional athlete. Again,Authentic Kelvin Beachum Jersey,Anderson, frankly,Womens Kelvin Beachum Jersey, he is not a bad guy. He can turn things around if he truly wants to. He needs to grow up., needs a solid and stable mentor. Jermaine Kearse and others were good influences on the young wideout during the season

including a court appearance next month for his arrest at a music festival in Florida last summer. The smart money is on Anderson missing some time in 2018 due to a suspension.,Here's the unvarnished truth though: Anderson has two pending legal issues

Let me tell you a story about freshly minted Super Bowl champion Doug Pederson. The Philly fan base was less than thrilled when the Eagles hired him two years ago. Heck, the sports talk radio airwaves were lit up with ticked off followers who viewed Pederson as nothing more than Andy Reid Lite., no other team wanted him. He wasn't a "hot candidate." In fact

Pederson single-handedly cost the Eagles a win in Dallas that first year with an ill-conceived pass play-call that took his team out of field goal range to ice that game.,Pederson was grilled for his questionable play-calling in the second half of Kansas City's playoff loss to the Patriots that season. Philly fans didn't have much belief in their new coach. Pederson went through some growing pains as a rookie coach with fans and media questioning his overly aggressive play-calling. Heck

Pederson is a god in Philly.,GM Howie Roseman radically re-shaped the roster over two years to help build a champion. Now

The point is that you need talent to win. Bowles absolutely has the temperament to take the Jets to the Promised Land. Anyone who tells you otherwise has their mind made up that he will fail. Pro tip: Ignore those people. Bowles is a respected leader in that building. He has the command and smarts to take this franchise where it so desperately wants to go. Does that mean he will deliver the Lombardi Trophy? I don't know. Nobody does. But I know this: He needs more talent in his locker room … just like everyone else in his profession.

and a TV show with Joe would be fun … but I fear we'd both lose our voices after the first episode.,I have a tremendous amount of respect and empathy for long-suffering fans like Joe who lived and died with every disappointing season for the better part of five decades. But my message to Joe and other diehards is simple: Don't be paralyzed by the past. Just because you haven't found the Holy Grail in so long doesn't mean you won't find it in the future. Just ask the three million people during the parade route in Philly on Thursday. Oh

While those prices are exorbitant, a bidding war to end all bidding wars may be required to land Cousins., the Jets are expected to have $100 million in cap space this offseason. With the Browns having even more money to work with

in Graziano’s predictions. But wait,The Jets seal the deal, the good news doesn’t stop there., though

In addition, the first playoff appearance of the Todd Bowles era., Graziano believes Cousins will lead the Jets to a 10-6 season and a spot in an NFL Wild Card game

Many have doubts about Cousins, then it might be tough for the Jets to step away from such a lucrative deal.,Authentic Brad Wing Jersey, but if getting him promises a playoff run

Barlas expects it to be a crowded Republican primary.,Even though Assemblyman Jay Webber is the only major Republican to declare candidacy

“I had a conversation with him. He’s intrigued by the idea. He has to think it over and talk with his wife, he’s enjoying being at home with his wife and kids.”,Authentic Jonathan Casillas Jersey,” Barlas said. “After an 11-year playing career and a college career

Mangold is a registered Republican and has voted in three of the last five primaries and six of the last seven general elections.

” Barlas said. “He gives a different name ID.”,“He’s a different candidate

Frelinghuysen announced in late January that he would not be seeking re-election come November. The news from the House Appropriations Committee Chairman marked the eighth House committee chairman to step down ahead of the 2018 elections.

he would not be the first professional football player to earn a House seat for New Jersey. Former Eagles offensive tackle Jon Runyan ran for Congress in 2010 and served two terms in the New Jersey's 3rd Congressional District before retiring.,Authentic Devon Kennard Jersey,If Mangold were to run and win

A two-time Super Bowl champion cornerback may have just hit the market for the Jets and Giants.

Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler, posted a statement on Twitter suggesting he will not be returning to the Patriots next season., who was benched for unknown reasons in Super Bowl LII

“I want to thank Mr. Kraft,Authentic Muhammad Wilkerson Jersey, as we have won a lot of games together and all I know is winning! I have always respected everyone at the New England Patriots organization from Custodians, the Kraft family,Authentic Matt Forte Jersey, staff and Coach Belichick., and my coaches for giving me the opportunity to play for one of the most successful organizations in sports,” he said. “I also thank my teammates

“In each of my Four years we have achieved a Conference Championships or Super Bowl victories since I arrived in New England. All of this would not be possible without thanking some of the best fans in the world.”

much of it will depend on if they want to re-sign Morris Claiborne and how they feel about other free agent corners.,For the Jets

$3.9 million contract he was playing under. Still,Womens Matt Forte Jersey,Butler is a good cornerback, the Jets will need a corner and he will be worth inquiring about., but had some lulls in 2017 possibly due to unhappiness over the one-year

Olivier Vernon,As for the Giants, Janoris Jenkins and Jason Pierre-Paul and will likely have to give Landon Collins a big contract in the near future., they have big money tied into defensive players Damon Harrison

#34 22-03-2018 07:15:41

aliciahuang
Membre

What We Learned: Is it time to worry about Vegas?

in fact,The Vegas story this year has been an amazing one, shaming most of the league’s for giving away so many players who are having such good seasons. Call it luck or a confluence of positive circumstances or whatever else you like,Authentic Alex Pietrangelo jersey, because this is a team that by all rights shouldn’t be as good as they have been and is, but the Golden Knights have been a smashing success.

people have championed not only their powerful home ice advantage, Reilly Smith,Authentic Carter Hutton jersey, Erik Haula, David Perron, Jon Marchessault, Colin Miller, Nate Schmidt, but also their ability to turn unsung heroes on other teams — William Karlsson,All season,into legitimate scoring threats. It doesn’t hurt that Marc-Andre Fleury, already one of the more likable guys in the league, is also having a whopper of a season.

That none of the players on this team will get much love for individual awards a few months from now is, you can basically write Gerard Gallant’s name in for Jack Adams right now, reflective of whatever alchemy they’ve forged together. However, in pen. And it’s probably a toss-up between Steve Yzerman, perhaps, David Poile, and George of the Year.

those who’ve been paying attention have probably noticed that the stories about the Knights’ home cooking are a little less frequent these days. The “aren’t they amazing?” video packages aren’t so common anymore. All talk of what a tough out they’re going to be have faded. And that’s because it’s starting to look like teams have figured them out. they have just three regulation wins in 10 games. They’re losers of four straight in T-Mobile Area,However, the once-proud home of the Vegas Flu.

” they’ve been trending down for a while now. Their numbers in the last 16 games — that is, 19th in shots on goal, since Feb. 13 — look pretty bleak at 5-on-5: They’re 16th in shot attempts, and 27th in expected goals. The only reason they’re even plugging along a little bit is that Fleury continues to be spectacular, the Lightning lost 5 of 7. Nashville opened the season winning just 5 of 12. But the problem for Vegas is that in terms of their “process,But anyone can lose four straight at home. Anyone can lose 6 of 10. It happens. Earlier this year, by and large, and they’re still getting plenty lucky in shooting the puck.

this comes at a time when their power play remains quite good, neck-and-neck with Tampa. Their PK, running 74.4 percent and seventh-last in the NHL. Their kill is suddenly worse than Ottawa’s, has crashed and burned, however, after spending the previous 55 games at 82 percent. And that’s reflected in the underlying numbers; they’re giving up more attempts, more high-danger chances, running seventh in the league at 24.4 percent,Moreover, etc.,adidas Martin Jones jersey, and to no one’s surprise when such a thing happens,adidas Vladimir Tarasenko jersey, that’s turning into more goals in the back of their net.

they’re plus-3 in actual goals but minus-5.3 in expected goals at full strength. Outperforming their poor play to that extent is the only reason the wheels haven’t well and truly fallen off,Over this period, and one has to logically start wondering how much longer Vegas can last.

Again, but the thing with Vegas is that this is a slippage of quality that’s led to the worsening results. Other teams that outperformed expectations for a big chunk of the season then regressed — your Torontos and Minnesotas and Calgarys and Colorados and Floridas — were those with sub-50 percent underlying numbers that never really impressed you to watch them but won anyway thanks to a lot of shooting luck and,Authentic Vladimir Tarasenko jersey, and their record in that time is still 9-6-1. This is basically the definition of being a bit lucky, in the grand scheme of things this may look like a blip on the radar. It’s 16 games of playing poorly, often,adidas Jake Allen jersey, surprisingly good goaltending.

Not so with Vegas. Basically all their underlyings were well above 50 percent for a good chunk of the year and have only started to slip in the last month-plus. The reasons for this aren’t quite clear to me; have teams simply figured out their and 5-on-5 schemes? Are injuries to some key players catching up with them a bit? Could this just be “one of those things?”

is “probably.” It’s a combination of factors that can’t be wholly explained except to say the NHL season is long and teams that don’t have a ton of top-end talent and depth eventually get figured out,The answer to all those questions, and when guys like James Neal and Reilly Smith get hurt, I think, that exacerbates the issue.

and a number of guys are having career seasons in what not-so-coincidentally are contract years. I’ve also said all along that they were a lot like last year’s Blue Jackets,I’ve said all year that Vegas got a better team than they had any right to if other GMs were smart about their expansion draft approach, which were pretty good for most of the season but made a lot of hay by absolutely pounding on bad teams and getting lucky against good ones. I’ve seen little to dissuade me from either take to this point.

becomes what this team looks like come playoff time. adidas Alex Pietrangelo jersey,They’re still all but assured to win their division — San Jose ended Saturday night six points back with an extra game played — but they’re also probably going to face the better of the two wild card teams. Right now that could be Colorado, or Anaheim. The Stars are sliding a bit lately as well and Colorado is coming on strong. That would be a tough out for the Golden Knights, Dallas, home ice or not. It couldn’t be a surprise if they, then,The question, like last year’s Blue Jackets, lost in the first round despite getting a lot of hype all season.

there’s still time for them to turn this around and go back to being what everyone thinks of them being. But they’re quickly running out of track and,In theory, perhaps, answers.

and Philadelphia scored four times in the third period to beat Carolina.,Valterri Filppula scored the tiebreaking goal with 5:49 left

Travis Konecny and Jakub Voracek also scored as the Flyers scored three times in a 5:52 span to rally for the win. Michael Raffl added an empty-netter and Alex Lyon stopped 23 shots.

Filppula's breakaway goal snapped a 2-2 tie and secured a needed victory for the Flyers, who entered on a 1-6-1 skid. Philadelphia moved back into third place in the Metropolitan Division, tied with Columbus but holding the tiebreaker.

who have lost five of six.,Jaccob Slavin and Jordan Staal scored and Cam Ward made 23 saves for the Hurricanes

Keith Kinkaid stopped 38 shots for his first shutout of the season to lead New Jersey past Los Angeles.

Nico Hischier and Miles Wood each scored for the Devils,Michael Grabner, one point behind Metropolitan Division rivals Philadelphia and Columbus, who have won three straight and four of five. New Jersey remained in the second wild card spot in the Eastern Conference, who both won later Saturday night.

who are tied with Anaheim for third in the Pacific.,Authentic Jake Allen jersey,Jonathan Quick made 25 saves for the Kings

Alex Killorn and the Tampa Bay Lightning pulled off a rare comeback to knock off their division rival.

stopping the Maple Leafs' four-game winning streak Tuesday night.,Killorn broke a tie with 10:46 left in the third period and Tampa Bay scored the final four goals to rally for a 4-3 victory over Toronto

Killorn took a pass from rookie Tony Cirelli and fired in a shot from the slot to put the Lightning ahead after they trailed 3-0 midway through the second.

" Killorn said.,"In the intermission we just wanted to stick to our game and just thought about how good it would feel to come back and win this game

2006.,The Lightning scored three times in the third as they came back from down three or more goals to win in regulation for the fifth time in franchise history — the first time since defeating the New York Rangers on Dec. 23

"The vibe in the room was really good after two (periods)," coach Jon Cooper said. "Everybody thought it was an extremely winnable game and they went out and played a really, really responsible third period."

Victor Hedman, Ryan McDonagh and Nikita Kucherov also scored as Tampa Bay reached 50 wins for the second time in team history. Yanni Gourde had two assists for the Atlantic Division leaders,Authentic Martin Jones jersey, who moved five points ahead of second-place Boston for the top spot in the Eastern Conference.

Andrei Vasilevskiy made 27 saves and set a Lightning record with his 41st victory of the season.

which fell to 28-2-2 when leading after two periods. Fredrik Andersen returned after missing two games with an upper-body injury and stopped 21 shots in the loss.,adidas Brent Burns jersey,James van Riemsdyk scored twice for Toronto

"We definitely did a lot of good things but obviously we didn't play consistently enough throughout the game," said van Riemsdyk, who has seven goals in the past four games. "They are a really good team and you have to play a full 60 to beat a team like that."

who exited at 16:04 of the first after getting tangled up along the boards with Toronto forward Josh Leivo. Callahan left the ice favoring his right arm and shoulder area.,Authentic Brent Burns jersey,The Lightning played the final two periods without forward Ryan Callahan

the first at 15:06 of the first period during a delayed penalty call and his second 1:29 into the second while on a power play. adidas Carter Hutton jersey,Zach Hyman then took advantage of Tyler Johnson's turnover in the Tampa Bay end before beating Vasilevskiy with a wrist shot at 15:41.,The Maple Leafs built a three-goal lead with the help of two from van Riemsdyk

Hedman answered for Tampa Bay with his 13th of the season 59 seconds later to cut into the lead heading to the third period.

#35 22-03-2018 07:24:17

aliciahuang
Membre

Lightning overcome 3-goal deficit, complete epic comeback win over Maple Leafs

Alex Killorn broke a tie midway through the third period and the Tampa Bay Lightning scored the final four goals to rally past the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-3 on Tuesday night.

Ryan McDonagh and Nikita Kucherov also scored as Tampa Bay reached 50 wins for the second time in franchise history. Yanni Gourde had two assists for the Atlantic Division leaders,Victor Hedman, who moved five points ahead of second-place Boston for the top spot in the Eastern Conference.

Andrei Vasilevskiy made 27 saves and set a Lightning record with his 41st victory of the season.

Killorn took a pass from rookie Tony Cirelli and fired in a shot from the slot at 9:14 of the third to put the Lightning ahead after they trailed 3-0 midway through the second period.

James van Riemsdyk scored twice for Toronto, which fell to 28-2-2 when leading after two periods. Fredrik Andersen returned after missing two games with an upper-body injury and stopped 21 shots in the loss.

The Lightning played the final two periods without forward Ryan Callahan, who exited at 16:04 of the first after getting tangled up along the boards with Toronto forward Josh Leivo. Callahan left the ice favoring his right arm and shoulder area.

The Maple Leafs built a three-goal lead with the help of two from van Riemsdyk, the first at 15:06 of the first period during a delayed penalty call and his second 1:29 into the second while on a power play. Zach Hyman then took advantage of Tyler Johnson’s turnover in the Tampa Bay end before beating Vasilevskiy with a wrist shot at 15:41.

Hedman answered for Tampa Bay with his 13th of the season 59 seconds later to cut into the lead heading to the third period.

go weeks between starts but perform as if you are playing regularly when you do play. Above all,Curtis McElhinney lives in a world where excuses are worthless and complaining won’t do him any favours. His role is clearly defined: be on the ice for practice early and stay late, support Frederik Andersen.

McElhinney and Andersen have forged a strong relationship,Since arriving in Toronto after being claimed off waivers from the Columbus Blue Jackets in Jan. 2017,Authentic Martin Jones jersey, each understanding their role on the team. The Maple Leafs' approach to goaltending has been simple: Andersen always plays unless it's the second of back-to-back games and then McElhinney plays.

it’s more a support thing,“The nice thing for him is it gives him one less thing to concern himself with and obviously I understand what my role is now. I’m not here to try to steal his job,” McElhinney told Sporting News after practice on Tuesday.

Some teams want competition among their goaltenders with the backup pushing the starter for more playing time,adidas Brent Burns jersey, but not the Maple Leafs. The role of the backup goaltender in Toronto is to support the starter.

he’s played real well for us, he’s done a great job for us to say the least.” ,adidas Alex Pietrangelo jersey,” coach Mike Babcock said. “We know who the starter is,“Mac’s (McElhinney) a real good man,Authentic Vladimir Tarasenko jersey, we know what Mac’s job is and they do too. Just by being a good pro, a good person and knowing your job and supporting the starting goalie

Some goaltenders are more motivated when they know the backup is nipping at their heels for more playing time. Not Andersen.

the 28-year-old native of Herning,adidas Jake Allen jersey, Denmark,In a conversation with Sporting News earlier in the season,adidas Carter Hutton jersey, explained that he found it more tiring when he was breaking into the NHL with the Anaheim Ducks—playing less but battling for ice time against Jonas Hiller and John Gibson—than he does this season with a far heavier on-ice workload.

can anticipate when he is starting, when he can practice and when he can rest. Rather than worrying about his job security,Andersen works best when he knows where he stands, Andersen thrives when he can simply focus on stopping the puck.

now 34-years-old and in his tenth NHL season, has no intentions to wage a hostile takeover of the crease. He knows what he is and what is expected of him. He knows if he fulfills those responsibilities,It can be a difficult dynamic to achieve amongst a goaltending tandem but McElhinney, it keeps him in the league.

“I’m just trying to support [Andersen] and if he needs anything from me then I’ll take care of that,” said McElhinney. “It’s very clearly defined what our roles are and I think that makes it a little bit easier as well.”

Seated directly beside each other at both the practice rink and Air Canada Centre, it's evident the two goaltenders hold great respect for each other. There is not a hint of animosity between them.

on the other hand,Buffalo hasn't played since Saturday afternoon in a matinee against Vegas. Toronto,adidas Martin Jones jersey, played on Wednesday evening and got into town early Thursday morning.

the Sabres fell behind 2-0 less than halfway through the first period while Toronto dominated play at both ends of the ice. When these two teams met 11 days ago, the Sabres start propelled them to a win. Replicating their start from last week would've gone a long way for the Sabres. Instead,Authentic Brent Burns jersey,Despite their rest, they played catch up all game. The only problem,Authentic Alex Pietrangelo jersey, they never actually caught up.

It'd be fair to say Thursday wasn't Robin Lehner's best game. He by no means deserves all the blame but also could've bailed his team out early with a big save. Without a stick, there wasn't much Lehner could do on James van Riemsdyk's first goal of the evening from the side of the net. The shot clearly caught the Sabres' net-minder off guard.

as the Sabres gave him all the time in the world to let off a perfect wrist-shot. Even with the poor defense,adidas Vladimir Tarasenko jersey,Van Riemsdyk scored again moments later, Lehner had a good look at the shot and flat out got beat.

the Maple Leafs quickly added onto their lead,Authentic Jake Allen jersey, as a Connor Carrick floated a shot from the blue line past Lehner. It was tough to see if Lehner even saw the shot. As for the fourth goal,In the second period,Authentic Carter Hutton jersey, there was absolutely nothing Lehner could do. Once again van Riemsdyk made an awesome play, sliding a perfect pass to Tyler Bozak who slammed home the goal.

#36 27-03-2018 08:20:42

aliciahuang
Membre

Richard Sherman explains why he acted as his own agent

"...I didn't feel like I needed an agent. I felt like I knew contracts well enough and I felt like coming off the Achilles (injury),Womens Xavier Su'a-Filo Jersey, there's going to be give and takes on both sides, there's going to be negotiation points,Womens Deshaun Watson Jersey, and I felt comfortable with that."

Sherman was introduced by the 49ers Tuesday after signing a three-year, $39 million deal.

"The biggest misconception is that it's a bad deal,Womens Zach Cunningham Jersey, and you compare it," Sherman said. "... If I'm basing it just going off my last year (of the deal) in Seattle,Womens D'Onta Foreman Jersey, I got no money guaranteed and I'm coming off a ruptured Achilles. What security do I have there? ... That's really all that I wanted. And (if) I play at the level that I'm capable of, I feel security in the upcoming years and I feel comfortable with that and I'm great with it."

He said a couple days later the news got out and the 49ers immediately called him and wanted him to fly to San Jose to have dinner with Kyle Shanahan.

Kyle made one hell of a pitch. He has an incredible football mind — he’s just a great tactician — and we talked for hours about different schemes and about his vision for the team. He really impressed me,Womens Kendall Lamm Jersey,"At dinner," Sherman wrote.

Sherman also addressed his torn Achilles and how that factored into his contract with the 49ers — and what led to the Seahawks not matching their offer.

and that he already has a $3 million signing bonus. Should Sherman pass the physical (he said he should be ready to go for full drills by June),Authentic Joel Heath Jersey,He wrote he has a $2 million roster bonus he will receive if he can pass a physical before Nov. 11, he will have $5 million in guaranteed money in 2018.

The Seattle Seahawks are bringing back running back Mike Davis after a strong conclusion to the 2017 season.

reportedly a one-year contract. Davis was originally a restricted free agent but Seattle did not tender him,Davis signed his deal with the Seahawks on Thursday, making Davis an unrestricted free agent. The 25-year-old chose a return to Seattle over looking for options elsewhere.

Davis made an impression late in the 2017 season. Promoted off Seattle's practice squad in November, Davis was Seattle's most productive running back, Davis rushed for 240 yards and averaged 3.5 yards per carry. Despite playing in just six games, although he lagged far behind quarterback Russell Wilson, who was the Seahawks' leading rusher.

Davis started his career in San Francisco, where he appeared in 14 games over two seasons. He was acquired off waivers in May 2017.

The free-agent tight end, posted a goodbye message on social media Tuesday night, who spent five seasons in Seattle, then signed with the Detroit Lions on Wednesday morning. It's a one-year deal worth up to $2.5 million, according to multiple reports.

As my time in Seattle comes to end and I reflect on the past 5 years, I am filled with gratitude. All I can say is thank you.

A Harris County grand jury Friday indicted Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Michael Bennett for the felony charge of injury of the elderly for injuring a 66-year-old paraplegic who was working at NRG Stadium to control access to the field at SuperBowl LI, prosecutors said.

Cornerback Richard Sherman defended the three-year contract worth up to $39.15 million he recently negotiated with the 49ers after being released by the Seahawks in an article he wrote for the Players' Tribune and at his introductory press conference on Tuesday. The four-time All-Pro, expressed frustration with the criticism he has received after negotiating a contract that has been described as extremely team friendly. Newly-retired Joe Thomas, who ruptured his right Achilles during the middle of the 2017 season, a future Hall of Fame left tackle, isn't impressed with Sherman's negotiation skills. He thinks Sherman "got absolutely crushed" by the 49ers.

$40 million contract linebacker Nigel Bradham just signed to remain with the Eagles as the type of bad deals negotiated by agents that aren't similarly disparaged because of a lack of guaranteed money. He characterized Bradham's deal as one-year,Authentic Deshaun Watson Jersey,Sherman deflected the criticism in the press conference by singling out the five-year,Authentic Zach Cunningham Jersey, $6 million contract. There's actually $8 million fully guaranteed with an additional $6 million in 2019 conditionally guaranteed. The deal could ultimately be for only one year because there aren't any significant salary-cap consequences for Philadelphia parting ways with Bradham after the 2018 season.

Sherman makes a valid point about the double standard. His deal was always going to be heavily scrutinized, because of his previous dismissiveness of an entire profession while asserting that players without any experience could do a better job negotiating contracts. As one of his main qualifications for going without an agent,Authentic D'Onta Foreman Jersey, at least by the agent community, Sherman touted his study of contracts for less than two of an average person's full workdays prior to representing himself.

Defensive end Michael Bennett claimed his with the Seahawks in 2014,Authentic Kendall Lamm Jersey, Daryl Worley, defensive tackle Haloti Ngata helped the Ravens win the Super Bowl a year earlier and linebacker Corey Nelson was on the Broncos title team in 2016. The fourth newcomer,Womens Joel Heath Jersey, spent his first two NFL seasons playing cornerback for the Panthers.

Bennett and Ngata played a part in building perennial contenders in Seattle and Baltimore,And perhaps most importantly to the Birds, respectively. 

All this indicates the Eagles,Authentic D.J. Reader Jersey, still value postseason experience when adding to the roster. Analysts last year routinely pointed out Philly's decision to bring in a slew of players with title runs on their resumes, less than two months removed from their first Super Bowl parade, and it seems the desire to load up on former champions hasn't faded.

No longer do the Eagles need older players to provide guidance to a locker room full of postseason newbies. Still, veterans with Super Bowls in their past understand the obstacles along the path to the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Eagles executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman is banking on the hope that those players remain hungry to return to football's peak -- and can help Philadelphia stay there.

Notaro has committed to play for the Washington State Cougars. He’ll join the program as a preferred walk-on, meaning a roster spot is guaranteed for the Anacortes catcher.

“Since I was about 9 it’s been my dream to play Division I baseball. Playing in the Pac-12 has been my biggest goal,” Notaro said. “I thought it would be cool to play in my home state. That way friends and family could come watch me.”

a multisport star,Notaro joins a growing list of Anacortes products who have landed in the Pac-12 after they wrapped up their prep careers. Infielder Billy King, played baseball at Oregon State and eventually played in the Tampa Bay minor-league organization. Catcher Ty Johnson started at Washington State and is currently on the roster for Division I Tulane.

Billy (King). They both helped me. Andrew LeFave. He was definitely someone who believed in me a lot. They all helped me along the process,“I talked a lot with Billly King. He’s a coach this year. We talked about the process. I’ve had a lot of people who have been good mentors like Erik Saunders,” Notaro said.

Washington State head coach Marty Lees said,In a news release, “Anthony is another catcher who we have liked more and more especially over this past summer. He has shown the ability to catch and throw and more important ... the ability to lead.”

Notaro will join a Cougars squad that went 24-29 last season under Lees,At Washington State, a former assistant coach at Oregon State who was with the Beavers during back-to-back national titles in 2006 and 2007.

who guided the Seahawks to a third-place finish at state last season,Anacortes coach Pat Swapp, said it’s great to see Notaro’s work pay off.

#37 18-11-2018 08:12:32

ShawnKHA
Membre

If you think degrees are solely for the utilization on rifles, reexamine. There are different diverse handgun scopes which are sure to build up your precision and cutoff with your firearm. Notwithstanding, it's crucial that you appreciate the partitions between the particular sorts of handgun growthes and how they work.

Dernière modification par ShawnKHA (25-12-2019 12:57:12)